• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calling New Consultants for Cooking Shows: Courage to Take the First Step!

In summary, the lady who my MIL works with wants to do a show with me, but I'm not sure how to approach this. I've also been putting off calling a couple people from a catalog show that I did earlier this month - mainly because I've never met them! They both want to have cooking shows, so I finally got up the courage and called them today. I knew they were at work (they work w/ my MIL) so I just left messages for them, but that's better than nothing, right? I feel so much better now!!
ahammons
I've been putting off calling a couple people from a catalog show that I did earlier this month - mainly because I've never met them! They both want to have cooking shows, so I finally got up the courage and called them today! I knew they were at work (they work w/ my MIL) so I just left messages for them, but that's better than nothing, right? I feel so much better now!! :)

Another lady that my MIL works with would like to do a show, but I'm not sure how I should approach this one. She's had several shows in the past with a different consultant (apparently, they've all been over $1000). She told my MIL that she didn't know any PC consultants, so she just went to the website and had them contact her. After my MIL had a show, the lady said that she wants to start having her shows with me! Should I contact her, or just let her contact me? I don't want to step on any toes w/ the other consultant - especially since I'm getting ready to move to that area, and she may be in my hospitality cluster!

I would call her! If she doesn't really have a relationship w/ the other consultant........
I've had hosts who couldn't even remember the name of the consultant who did their show - and had no contact w/ them other than doing the show - I don't consider that "stepping on toes" when the relationship isn't there. I would NEVER try to convince someone who had a consultant they worked with to have a show with me instead, but that doesn't sound like this is like that.

For instance - a friend of my DH's (!) mentioned to me that his daughter had booked a party w/ a different consultant (to help out a friend), but didn't like her at all, and so canceled the party, and decided to not have one at all!
He told her that she should book a party with me instead, because "I know what I am doing, and am really good at it"....(his words - and he's never been to a show!:D ) So I called her, (know her casually - not well) chatted for a few minutes, and booked a show!

Also - PLEASE make sure you talk to the other 2 who want to have shows! Don't be scared! They WANT to have a show! That is a gift! Call them, be excited, and get a date on the calendar - if you don't book them, someone else will!

Thanks Becky - From what my MIL has told me, she only knows the consultant from her shows, and she said she'd rather do them w/ me b/c she knows my MIL. I still need to make some out of the box calls for that show, but I don't have phone numbers for some of the guests. Once I get her number, I will definitely call her. I've had several catalog shows so far, and for some reason, the hosts always forget to give me the guests' phone numbers! I guess I'll need to be a little more clear about this in the future.

As for the 2 that I left messages for, I know that one of them wants a July show and the other one doesn't have a date in mind yet. I'm moving to that area next month, and she wants me to get settled before I have to do a show. I'm sure I'll be hearing from them this evening, but if not, I'll call them back in a few days.

ahammons said:
I've had several catalog shows so far, and for some reason, the hosts always forget to give me the guests' phone numbers! I guess I'll need to be a little more clear about this in the future.
This is a little sneaky, but to get info about catalog show customers or outside orders, tell the host that you need at least first and last names, and phone number in order for our software to accept the order. You can even include address, if you want that.

And you can completely justify getting a phone number - you need it in case there's an issue with payment or products.

That's a great idea Ann!! I'll have to start using that! :)

What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant offers a variety of benefits, including the ability to earn income, flexible hours, access to exclusive products, and the opportunity to meet new people and build relationships. As a consultant, you will also have the chance to learn new cooking skills and techniques, and receive discounts on Pampered Chef products.

What is the process for becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

The first step in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant is to sign up on our website or through a current consultant. Once you have signed up, you will receive a starter kit with everything you need to get started. You will also be assigned a mentor who will guide you through the process and provide support and training.

Do I need to have cooking experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need to have extensive cooking experience to become a Pampered Chef consultant. Our products are designed to be easy to use and our consultants receive training and support to help them succeed. However, a passion for cooking and a desire to learn new skills is always helpful!

How much time do I need to commit as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The great thing about being a Pampered Chef consultant is that you can choose your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want. You can hold cooking shows during evenings or weekends, or even just a few hours a week. Your mentor will work with you to create a schedule that fits your lifestyle and goals.

What resources are available to help me succeed as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you will have access to a variety of resources to help you succeed, including training and support from your mentor and other consultants, marketing materials, and our online community where you can connect with other consultants and share tips and advice. We are dedicated to helping our consultants reach their goals and achieve success with Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Cindycooks
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies