• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Change Your Attitude About Calling

do it. I don't really have any tricks or advice that I use on myself specifically, but I think it's important to just have a positive attitude and be willing to try new things. Sometimes the best way to overcome a fear is to face it head on.
pamperedcheflaurie
I need help. I love Pampered Chef. I love doing cooking shows. I love talking to people about Pampered Chef. The only thing I have trouble with is picking up the telephone and calling people.

How can I change? My upline says to make a time each day for calling and to "just do it". But that's my problem. I have a terrible time trying to "just do it".

Does anybody have any tricks that they use on themselves that help? or any kind of advice that might help me?

i need advice on this too...the phone scares me lol that is my only problem...i would much rather talk in person!!!

On Consultant's Corner, download the mp3 file called Phone Courage...it's really good!

Ha, that's what I was going to say JUST DO IT! It's the only thing you can do.

I know for me, I found it easier to be in the train of thought that I was doing customer care calls. I would call someone and tell them: I wanted to thank them for their order. How are the products they are using? Do they have any questions? Have they used all of their products? Would they like me to send some recipes? Is there anything else they need and didn't order? Some calls will be easier than others, and you'll know who they are. And you can ask about bookings or the opp. But once I changed my focus, it helped A LO. At the very least, you have given good customer service and people will remember that!

I think of it as my job. It's a part of my job to pick up the phone and check in with my customers, and I don't need to apologize for that.

My 9-5 is in a call center (though I'm no longer on the phones) and my job used to be all about calling out to customers. One day, I started thinking about the difference I felt between those calls and the ones I did for my business. I didn't feel bad about calling for my 9-5 because I had a good reason to do it, and it was a part of my job. I realized that the same applies to my PC calls as well.

*My contacts have expressed some sort of interest in the Pampered Chef: They've been to a show, they've stopped me in a store, they've hosted, they've ordered etc.
*I have a good reason to call them: Check on their products, thank them for coming to the show, tell them about the host or recruiting bonus, or whatever they've asked me about.
*It's a part of my job: I can't expect my contacts to know about our products and specials if I don't tell them about them. And I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't tell somene about it who really needs something we offer, and I can't read minds to know who does.
*No is OK: Like I said, I can't read minds. I can't tell if someone's not interested if they don't tell me. They must have been at some point. It's perfectly fine for them to tell me they're not interested in hosting or the business, I'm no worse off than I was before I asked. It's just one less name I have to worry about following up with.
*I've come to accept that I am not their top priority: They all have families, friends, jobs, hobbies and twenty gazillion other things to keep them busy, just like I do. I don't expect them to put Pampered Chef ahead of their priorities. I don't expect them to remember to call me back, which is why I call them. I've had plenty of people tell me they're happy I keep trying to reach them.

One thing that has made a huge difference: I make sure I ask at the beginning of the call if it's a good time. This gives the contact the chance to say no, and if they do, I let them know that's perfectly fine and ask when would be a better time. If they say yes, it makes the conversation much more comfortable because you're not worrying if you're imposing on their time.

If you need more, try writing down what you want to say. There's some great CCC scripts in the resources in the online training center. If you have to read it word for word the first few times, that's fine. If you don't want to sound like you're reading off the script, ask a couple of friends to help you out. Call them and read the words to them. Who knows, maybe one will book a show ;)

I always just think of the phone as my cash register -- if I don't call, I don't have shows, I don't make money. The worst the person can say is no -- then I offer a catalog. If still no, I just say thank you - let me know if I can be of service in any way.

I have a huge fear of the phone as well, currently I'm reading a book called Carpe Phonum by Tammy Stanley. I highly recommend it, its been really helpful to me!!

kdangel518 said:
I have a huge fear of the phone as well, currently I'm reading a book called Carpe Phonum by Tammy Stanley. I highly recommend it, its been really helpful to me!!

I am waiting for mine to come in the mail. I want it right now! I am very impatient!:cry: :D

Read Carpe Phonum! by Tammy Stanley.

It's like she's inside my head. Not only for phone calls, but all the other ways I tend to procrastinate.

I am currently reading the book and I love it. Think back when you were a child first learning to do something, or wanting to call the "cute boy" for the first time. Remember how nervous you were. What did you do to get it done??? You practiced in your head of how the conversation may go and then you took a deep breath picked up the phone and dailed. The phone call was never as bad as you thought it would be.

Another good short book is "Go for No".

What are some tips for changing my attitude about calling?

1. Start by understanding the importance of calling. Calling is a crucial aspect of communication, and it can help you build strong relationships and achieve your goals.

2. Identify your negative thoughts and beliefs about calling. This could be a fear of rejection, feeling like a bother, or not wanting to be perceived as pushy.

3. Challenge these thoughts and replace them with more positive and realistic ones. Remind yourself that calling allows you to connect with others and create opportunities for yourself.

4. Set specific goals for your calls and focus on the potential positive outcomes. This will help motivate you and give you a sense of purpose for each call.

5. Practice and prepare before making calls. This can help boost your confidence and make the process less intimidating. Also, don't be too hard on yourself if a call doesn't go as planned, learn from it and move on.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • KrisGio
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cherylsam
  • RoseAndrews
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies