• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Friday Phone Sale Vs. Mystery Host $1000 Show Vs. Mega Show

In summary, the three things people have found to be more successful are doing a phone sale, doing a mystery host show, and doing a black friday sale. Phone sales have been successful for some, while others have had less luck with mystery host shows. Experiences vary with black friday sales, but most people seem to think that they are worth the effort.
nikked
Gold Member
I have been watching for a long time the posts about these three things, and have saved a TON of ideas and flyers on all of them.

I am wondering, for those who have done more than one, which have you found to be more successful? Which one have you done more often? Do you find that they are worth the effort, or is it kind of hit and miss?

I'm wanting to do something for Thanksgiving weekend, which is my only "free" weekend this month (YEAH, ME! :D ).

Thanks for the input!

I have the same question. I can't wait to see the responses!

This will be my first one, but I am doing a black friday online sale (friday only) because I want to be out shopping myself during the day!! And I want them to input their credit cards online...and pay for direct shipping!! :) soo much less work! And the show is going in on my mom's name...so I can maybe use some of the free/half-price products!

I have done the phone sale w/ a decent success, $560 & $450. However I will be in Pennsylvania for a week for a funeral and then we go camping over Thanksgiving week, and I need to Substitute teach as much as possible. So the phone sale was not working for me, so I am going to try the mystery host catalog show. Now I also have had great sucess w/ a mystery host live show, however I only like to do those for new selling seasons. Usually last weekend of August, and Feb.

I am doing the black Friday sale. I too will be shopping but did put in the notice that they are to leave a message in order for the time stamp to work if they call.

for phone orders? or they have to call if they are doing an online order too?

my only worry is that there is a lag between the time that an online order is placed and the time that we are notified for the activity....so I am thinking of asking the customer to forward me a copy of the "order submitted" email that they get (I think that theirs is instant)

I haven't had much luck with mega shows. I've never done the mystery catalog show idea going around....I think I will though in Dec & Jan. I've done mystery host shows at my home before that have gone over well.
I've done the phone sale once, around 350 in sales. I'm planning on doing the black friday sale--LOVE that idea:) Something extra to try to get that sell a thon!

I have had both good and bad luck with the mystery host shows. Phone sale was alright, never tried the mega show.

pamperedalf said:
I have done the phone sale w/ a decent success, $560 & $450. However I will be in Pennsylvania for a week for a funeral and then we go camping over Thanksgiving week, and I need to Substitute teach as much as possible.

So the phone sale was not working for me, so I am going to try the mystery host catalog show. Now I also have had great sucess w/ a mystery host live show, however I only like to do those for new selling seasons. Usually last weekend of August, and Feb.

I would say that's great! I did 1 Frdiay email-phone sale and got about $175! I am attempting to do this Mega host $1k show but so far only 2 people have signed up!:(

I am doing a Mega Show (fundraiser) Nov. 18th - don't have a clue what to expect from that! It's the first year for everyone involved.

I did an Open House in August. Not worth it at all.

Never tried a Black Friday sale - I don't have input on that.

Now, I got a $1000 Mystery Host show going on now and JUST got my 10th YES!!! I am still waiting for calls back from 5 more people - and 3 out of them I'm sure will say yes - so it can be more than $1000. This was SOOOOOO EASY! Highly recommend it. I'll post results!

Joanne

I want to try the Tgiving weekend sale. I may let it go all weekend giving the best deals that Friday with orders online or by voicemail. I plan to decide this weekend so I can send fliers to my customers w/out email.

I like the mystery catty host idea. I wonder if I can do that in December...

jenniferknapp said:
my only worry is that there is a lag between the time that an online order is placed and the time that we are notified for the activity....so I am thinking of asking the customer to forward me a copy of the "order submitted" email that they get (I think that theirs is instant)

They don't place individual orders. Set up a show on your website in YOUR NAME and have them place orders that way. Then you have more control and can actually give them a discount.

I haven't experienced much lag time on online show orders. :confused:

ChefinHarmony said:
Now, I got a $1000 Mystery Host show going on now and JUST got my 10th YES!!! I am still waiting for calls back from 5 more people - and 3 out of them I'm sure will say yes - so it can be more than $1000. This was SOOOOOO EASY! Highly recommend it. I'll post results!

Joanne

That is fantastic Joanne. I'm so glad this looks like a success for you.

DebbieJ said:
They don't place individual orders. Set up a show on your website in YOUR NAME and have them place orders that way. Then you have more control and can actually give them a discount.

What do you mean? After they place the order on line thru you as host do you change it in Pampered Partner to give a discount?

jeninthekitchen5 said:
DebbieJ said:

What do you mean? After they place the order on line thru you as host do you change it in Pampered Partner to give a discount?

If it's put in as a show order it's not final until YOU put it into P3, or send it thru P3 since you can transfer it over. You are the one who charges the credit card and makes the final submission. With an individual order it just goes directly to HO and you can't change anything.

My Mystery Host show has been by far the most successful--I tried it in August, and closed at over $1400. I had ten hosts at first, but then it ended up with only 7. When I knew one had dropped out, I offered and extra incentive for the top seller--one turned in $265!
I decided to try it again in November for sell-a-thon--7 hosts again--only 5 have turned in orders and it's already over $1000( offered a top seller incentive again!)--and here's a really exciting thing--when I drew for the $215 in free product, one gal who was hoping to win it to use the $100 kit credit--won it!! So I'm also signing a new recruit this week. I also got a booking from one of my hosts--if there's extra free product value, that's going to be her reward for getting me the booking.
This is the easiest way I've ever gotten a $1000 show!

I'm thinking of doing the mystery host catalog show in January for the extra benefits to give out and for the double points!

I am considering doing an online Black Friday sale since I need the extra sales this month and will be out of town that week anyway. At least with it being online only I can work on it on my laptop on the drive home on Saturday.

What exactly is a MEGA show? Thanks for any specific info.

Madsen7 said:
What exactly is a MEGA show? Thanks for any specific info.

I'm reading through old posts trying to find something that will work for me....I'm in desperate need of bookings - anyone have any info. on the phone show vs. mystery host show vs. mega show.....how do they work??? have you personally had any success with them?
TIA
Jen

After reading this thread, I think I'm going to try doing a Mystery Host Book show for early April (I REALLY want that pink and black apron!!). I looked in the files here, but all the invitations/fliers seem to be for specific months/periods, and I'm really bad at fixing up fliers (other than replacing the info with my contact info, haha). Does anyone have anything, or would anyone be willing to make up something, for April 2009?

Thanks in advance!

mega show! for sure

Veevahchef said:
mega show! for sure

What exactly is a "mega show"? How does it work?
Jen

I've had success with Mystery Host shows.

This past fall, my first one was at a Holiday Shopping event here in town for home based businesses. I sent out flyers to ALL my local customers to attend and gave away tickets for RSVP, purchases, bookings, bringing outside orders/a friend etc. and that got me $1200. The next day I did a holiday booth at a retirement home/craft fair and I advertised the 10 volunteers to bring me $100 in orders and I gave all the rewards away (everyone got something...free/50%off/60%off/or unlimited up to 30% based on show total. Anyway, that one got me like $1400, a new recruit and bookings so I say those are great ways to go.

I'm curious to try a Mystery Host online in early April to get that pink/black apron too. I'm getting ready to send out my e-mails to advertise my "No-foolin' Mystery Host Party" now. I'll close it on/before 4/4 to try for the triple points too.

lauradahl said:
I've had success with Mystery Host shows.

This past fall, my first one was at a Holiday Shopping event here in town for home based businesses. I sent out flyers to ALL my local customers to attend and gave away tickets for RSVP, purchases, bookings, bringing outside orders/a friend etc. and that got me $1200. The next day I did a holiday booth at a retirement home/craft fair and I advertised the 10 volunteers to bring me $100 in orders and I gave all the rewards away (everyone got something...free/50%off/60%off/or unlimited up to 30% based on show total. Anyway, that one got me like $1400, a new recruit and bookings so I say those are great ways to go.

I'm curious to try a Mystery Host online in early April to get that pink/black apron too. I'm getting ready to send out my e-mails to advertise my "No-foolin' Mystery Host Party" now. I'll close it on/before 4/4 to try for the triple points too.

That's great! I've been so focused on Easter, traveling, and 4/15, I completely forgot about April Fool's Day!

Would you mind sharing your e-mail? I am just not feeling creative enough to come up with something, but I'd like to get mine out within the next couple of days. There are a couple of invitations in the files, but they aren't set up to be customized (at least, I can't make changes with OpenOffice).

Thanks for your help and ideas.

pampchefsarah said:
After reading this thread, I think I'm going to try doing a Mystery Host Book show for early April (I REALLY want that pink and black apron!!). I looked in the files here, but all the invitations/fliers seem to be for specific months/periods, and I'm really bad at fixing up fliers (other than replacing the info with my contact info, haha). Does anyone have anything, or would anyone be willing to make up something, for April 2009?

Thanks in advance!

I'm doing a mystery host in April as well. I've done them before. I had my best month EVER when I did two mystery host in the same month. What I do different than most that I've seen posted is that I split the host benefits. For example: 1st place $125 in products, 2nd $75, 3rd host special at 60% off... 4th through 6th get a 1/2 price item... and to the rest I always give them something small free, like a seasoning or rub, that way everyone gets something! Also, I tell them that after the $100 in products they can get anything they want for themselves at 30% off.

I really is a lot of work because you're not dealing with one host but ten! Also, the products are delivered to me instead of one host. The payoff is great though!!! :)

I've found that I don't get much response if I just email them asking them to sign up. I have to call them. I've only had five signed up for my April one so far... :( Hopefully I can add the other five soon!

Sorry.... I don't know what everyone calls a MEGA show.

I did actually split it all up...I just didn't make that real clear in my post. I split the FPV, then gave away the 4 half price items, the 60% off host special and then I let each of them order the 30% off reward because that is what boosts your commissionable sales...not the other stuff. They all jumped at the chance to order more at the discount and that helped me so much to get my November SAT!

I agree, it's alot of work and you need to be real organized, but it was sooooo worth it in the end. I also had it shipped to me and then went back to my notes of what each of them ordered for the giveaways and the 30% off.

I'm also with you on the e-mail...however I do follow up with a phone call. Many are interested after seeing the outline of how it works....but don't take the time to call. The phone is the key!

I don't have me e-mail drafted yet....but I'm gonna take the info that I used from here...rewrite it and then send it out like I did last time. I'm not much of a creative person myself, but with the info I got here....it worked like a charm.

Related to Friday Phone Sale Vs. Mystery Host $1000 Show Vs. Mega Show

1. What is the difference between the Friday Phone Sale, Mystery Host $1000 Show, and Mega Show?

The Friday Phone Sale is a weekly sale event where customers can purchase discounted products over the phone. The Mystery Host $1000 Show is a virtual party where the host has a chance to win $1000 in free products. The Mega Show is a larger virtual party with even more chances for the host to win free products.

2. When do these events take place?

The Friday Phone Sale occurs every Friday. The Mystery Host $1000 Show and Mega Show can be scheduled at any time, typically with the help of a consultant.

3. Can I participate in these events as a customer?

Yes, all customers are welcome to participate in the Friday Phone Sale, Mystery Host $1000 Show, and Mega Show. Simply contact your consultant to place an order or be added to the virtual party.

4. How can I become a host for the Mystery Host $1000 Show or Mega Show?

To become a host for these events, reach out to your consultant and schedule a date for your virtual party. Your consultant will provide you with a unique party link to invite your friends and family to join. As the host, you will also have the opportunity to earn free products based on party sales.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions during these events?

Yes, during the Friday Phone Sale, customers can enjoy discounted products. The Mystery Host $1000 Show and Mega Show may also have exclusive deals and promotions, so be sure to check with your consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • amgreen66