• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose of You Who Mail the Show Invitations......

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of mailing out invitations for hosts. The main questions include whether or not there is a special form for hosts to fill out, what information is needed from the hosts, if there is a specific time frame for the information to be returned, and if there are any special incentives for hosts to provide the information. The conversation also touches on whether or not this is a service offered by the consultant and the use of US Postal Mail versus a website for sending out invitations. Some consultants have found that mailing the invitations has increased attendance and show sales, and some offer to pick up ingredients for their hosts. A host information sheet is also mentioned as a useful tool for keeping track of important dates and information.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I’ve been contemplating mailing the invitations for my hosts. I’m not exactly sure how to get myself organized for this task – both to make it easy on me and my hosts and to make sure I don’t have any of them ‘fall through the cracks’ so I have a few questions:

1. For those of you who mail the invites for the host, do you have a special form that you give them to complete and return to you? If so, would you share that form?
  2. What information do you ask them to give you? Name, Address, email, Phone….anything else?
  3. Do you give them a certain time-frame or date to get the information back to you?
  4. Do you ‘offer this service’ or is it the ‘way you do business’? What do you do if you have a host who doesn’t want to give you this info?
  5. Do you have special verbiage in your Host Letter explaining this service? Would you share that as well?
  6. Do you offer them special incentives for giving you the info and allowing you to send the invites? If so, what do you offer them?
  7. Do you US Postal Mail the invites or do you send them via your web-site?

That’s all I can think of right now, I’m sure I’ll have more questions.:)

Thanks so much for you input, advice and opinions!
Linda

Question to AddI have a question to add to Linda's: Those of you who do send out invites yourself to you seem to have better overall attendance?

For those of you who mail the invites for the host, do you have a special form that you give them to complete and return to you? I give them 40 address labels. I offer to do reminder phone calls if they provide phone numbers on a seperate sheet.

What information do you ask them to give you? They write the name and address. I offer to do reminder phone calls if they provide me the phone numbers on a seperate steet.

Do you give them a certain time-frame or date to get the information back to you? I tell them to get them to me 3 - 4 weeks ahead of the show. It depends on the feeling I get from the host.

Do you ‘offer this service’ or is it the ‘way you do business’? What do you do if you have a host who doesn’t want to give you this info? I tell hosts that I will send them, or give them, a host packet. Inside you will find 40 address labels. Fill those out with the names and addresses of you friends and family. I have also included a SASE. Just make sure you get that back to me by the date on that envelope. That way I will have plenty of time to get your invitations ready and mailed out. I had one lady who wanted to just hand out the invites. She ended up being one of my worst shows. Only 4 or 5 attended.

Do you have special verbiage in your Host Letter explaining this service? Would you share that as well? Pretty much what I said above.

Do you offer them special incentives for giving you the info and allowing you to send the invites? If so, what do you offer them? You can offer them a Season's Best for getting the labels back to you on time. (Postmark on or before date you marked for return)

Do you US Postal Mail the invites or do you send them via your web-site?
[/LIST] I mail them. I tell the host to include a 24 cent stamp for each invite when they mail the labels back to me.

Hope this helps! Julie

it works for meOkay, I've been mailing out the invitations for my hosts since April. I have found that it HAS increased attendance AND show sales. I also pick up the ingredients for my hosts, but they DO reimburse me up to $15.00. I'm a SAHM, and most of my hosts work outside the home, so I give them a break by doing these things for them.

When I book a show, I fill out a host info sheet (I'll attach all forms). This form has all the important dates on it (show date, guest list sent date, guest list due date, packet given date, etc.). I also write when the invites need to be in the mail. I typically mail my host letter and guest list about 5-6 weeks before the show. I then ask that the guest list be returned to me no later than 3 weeks before the show. I send out invites two weeks prior to the show. I do include a SASE for the guest list to be returned (not all hosts use it...some email the list to me). I pay for the postage. I figure that if attendance and sales are UP, then I can afford to pay the postage. It's worked out well so far.

If I haven't received a guest list by the due date, I call the host to make sure we're "still on" for the show. If not, then we go from there. I offer an incentive (mini-serving spatula) if they return the guest list with 40 COMPLETE names/addresses. Most host will do this b/c they LOVE free stuff. I do not offer an incentive for returning it on time, but that's typically part of my SHOW HOST packet games (tic tac toe, bingo, 5 for 5, etc).

Oh, and this is the way I do business. I haven't had anyone complain yet. But -- I DO NOT make the reminder phone calls...I figure that's the LEAST they can do. I do send postcards reminding them to send in the guest list, make calls, etc. (when I remember to do so).

Anyway, I hope I've answered all the questions. I didn't cut/paste b/c I figured it would be easier to just type away. Feel free to PM me or email with further questions. Best of luck on your decision.

Attachments

• host letter -- first of 3 series.doc
    28 KB · Views: 552
  • guest list I use.doc
    117.5 KB · Views: 457
  • steps to a a successful show -- maiiling out invitations -- timeline.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 849
Oh, I just send mine through the mail...I do let them know THEY can send e-vites if they want via my website. I also typically give them 5 or so extra invites in their host packet in case the forget someone on the guest list. And -- I DO NOT give host packets until I RECEIVE guest lists. This may mean they only have it two weeks prior to their show, but I'm not wasting catalogs/folders/show planners, etc.

For those of you who mail the invites for the host, do you have a special form that you give them to complete and return to you? I use the 3-sheet guest list that can be ordered from Paperwork Supply. I give them two (48 names). However, I’ve considered having them just fill out a sheet so I can create a database and put the information on labels. If you are quick typist, this is probably the way to go. Pulling apart the little pieces of paper and then moistening and sticking them to the postcard can get a little old.

What information do you ask them to give you? I ask for name, address and phone number

Do you give them a certain time frame or date to get the information back to you? I ask them to mail me (postmarked) the guest list 3 weeks before their show.

Do you ‘offer this service’ or is it the ‘way you do business’? What do you do if you have a host who doesn’t want to give you this info? This is the way I do business. So far (and I’ve been doing this for a year now), I’ve never had anyone not give me the addresses. A few do balk at the phone numbers and their shows suffer accordingly.

Do you have special verbiage in your Host Letter explaining this service? Would you share that as well? “I will handle secretarial duties for your show – sending invitations and making the all-important reminder calls (just like your dentist does)! So yes, I need names, addresses <u>and</u> phone numbers.”

Do you offer them special incentives for giving you the info and allowing you to send the invites? If so, what do you offer them? If they complete both sheets with names, addresses and phone numbers and send it back to me postmarked at least 3 weeks before their show, I’ll buy the ingredients for their show. This is a new incentive (free groceries) that I’m trying this selling season. We’ll see how it works.

Do you US Postal Mail the invites or do you send them via your web-site? I mail the invitations and pay for the postage. I don’t use e-invites. I feel I’ve already asked them for enough information without asking for an email address too.

This has helped my business tremendously! I have virtually no cancellations. Do they always give me the 30-48 names I want? No, but the show does hold and because I also make reminder calls, I get the chance to encourage everyone to bring a guest or two.

I stamp all my postcards with a "bring a friend get a gift" stamp. If they have a small list, I switch to the "bring two friends" stamp

I encourage each of you to consider sending the invitations. Try it for 90 days and see what happens.

pamperedlinda said:
I’ve been contemplating mailing the invitations for my hosts. I’m not exactly sure how to get myself organized for this task – both to make it easy on me and my hosts and to make sure I don’t have any of them ‘fall through the cracks’ so I have a few questions:

1. For those of you who mail the invites for the host, do you have a special form that you give them to complete and return to you? If so, would you share that form? Yes, once I am on my other computer I will upload it here.
  2. What information do you ask them to give you? Name, Address, email, Phone….anything else?I ask for names addresses and email addresses...also phone #'s if they are willing to give them
  3. Do you give them a certain time-frame or date to get the information back to you?I ask to have the guest list back 4wk before the show. or if the show is booked in close I ask for is ASAP - I will not HOLD the date for them w/o the guest list...in other words, until I have the guest list, their date is in pencil...once i get the list, it is set in stone
  4. Do you ‘offer this service’ or is it the ‘way you do business’? What do you do if you have a host who doesn’t want to give you this info? It is the way I di business. Period. Not giving it to me is not an option.
  5. Do you have special verbiage in your Host Letter explaining this service? Would you share that as well? As soon as I am on the othe rcomputer I will uploca it
  6. Do you offer them special incentives for giving you the info and allowing you to send the invites? If so, what do you offer them?Isn't the service enough of an incentive, heck I am paying for the postage. IF they come up with a HUGE guestlist and have AT LEAST 15 people AT the show I will give them a SB or something a tthe show to thank them.
  7. Do you US Postal Mail the invites or do you send them via your web-site?
I do both

That’s all I can think of right now, I’m sure I’ll have more questions.:)

Thanks so much for you input, advice and opinions!
Linda

And to answer the question below, it has HUGELY impacted both my attendance and my amount of cancellations

Carolyn,

Please don't take offense but it is very hard to read that orange color!

I can't really add anything to what these ladies have said - other than my own experience......since I started mailing out the invites myself (I've been doing it for 3 years now) My cancellation rate virtually disappeared - and when people do cancel, it's with plenty of time for me to reschedule that date. I no longer have shows where only 2 people are attending, and that has in turn given me a much higher show average....right now my show average is $660 - and I live in an area that has been called a "One-State" recession! My hosts love the fact that I send the invites and pick up the groceries - and it's a big booking tool for me - I have my host tell her guests how easy it was for her to host - because I do ALL the work! (except make reminder calls). One thing though - I give my hosts the option of mailing me her guest list, or emailing me the list - I actually prefer emailing - because then I don't have to deal with deciphering handwriting!

Mailing your invites sounds like a great thing to do. My question is if the
hostess is willing to handwrite 40 addresses to mail to you, isn't it just as easy for her to handwrite the addresses on the invites? She's making a trip to mail you the address list, couldn't she just throw the invites in the mail instead?
Those were my only concerns I had before doing the invites for the hostesses.

Rebeccascabinet said:
hostess is willing to handwrite 40 addresses to mail to you, isn't it just as easy for her to handwrite the addresses on the invites? She's making a trip to mail you the address list, couldn't she just throw the invites in the mail instead?

You bring up a good point, and until now, I've never even seen it that way...LOL! I guess the main thing that happens is they FORGET or don't invite as many people when it's "on them" to pay postage. I've had guest list with upwards of 50+ people, and I'm sure they wouldn't have invited as many if THEY were paying the postage. So, the time it takes them to write the addresses is a wash I guess. And -- it's a lot easier to write names/addresses ONLY as opposed to having to write that PLUS the show info (when, where, host, RSVP).

I offer the choice. I recently got the "bring a friend get a gift" stamp from Nancy's, so one day I sat and stamped every invitation I had and highlighted the part that says please respond ASAP and put them back in the package. If someone wants me to give them invites, I make stickers with the info (host, date, time, location, phone, and consultant info) for them to peel and stick.
I have not had very good luck with the address labels on the paperwork/order form. Only one host has used them, some give them back, and some are lost forever...Other people who have taken me up on mailing invites email their lists
Some people have told me (and I would have the same issue) that they don't have addresses for everyone or they would have to walk the neighborhood to write them down. Many think it's wasteful to put a stamp on something they can hand to a friend. I tend to agree...
But I haven't mailed enough to know how it impacts my show attendance. I tend to think that when I mail them attendance is better, but I did have one where I mailed 31 invites and 5 people came (and 2 were friends!) So that's my 2 cents...

BethCooks4U said:
Carolyn,

Please don't take offense but it is very hard to read that orange color!

Bahahaha - me? offense??? I don't get offended, I am originally from NJ - LOL
Actually, I had never used colored fonts before today in that post...I just figured out how!! Next time I'll use a darker one - that orange is really awful -LOL

Great Ideas!Great ideas and advice everyone! I have a couple of shows coming up with friends and I think I'll try this out on them. Maybe I can get the wrinkles ironed-out before I offer this to complete strangers.

As far as the host writing the names on the invites, with you as the consultant doing it, you know for sure that the invitations are going out, not just taking the hosts word for it, and no unpleasant surprises when you show up at the show with only 3 people there-least you know an effort has been made, and that way you can have your host go back to those who didnt attend the show, and hostcoach her to get the outside orders from the remainder of the people from her invitation list.

I found that since I have been doing the invites, my shows have had hardly had any cancellations, and the attendance has been ! You are the one who has the control of the invitations which is a good thing, if the host doesnt send back the invitation list back by your due date, you know something is up, and odds are they are going to have to reschedule or something is up, so this is one edge I like to have, having more control of your shows and fewer last minute cancellations.

I even give my host an option to email me their guest list, alot of people already have the lists prepared from other shows, or have christmas mailing lists and so on, so sometimes this option is easier and no writing is required.

Hope this helps. . . .

Here is the guest list that I use. I also got a few tips from 'booking strategies from the pros' cd. She prints it front and back so it's only 1 page and gives them a self addressed stamped envelope with it to mail it back to her. She also tells them that if they have 40 names on there, she will give them a free gift(she doesn't tell them but it is a sample of hand soap). Then she asks them to take some time and go through the catalog and mark in there everything they would buy if money were no object. When they do that, they get another free gift(which ends up being the suds pump). When she gives them the gifts she says 'these 2 products working together will give you soap for the next 6-8 months. when you have your show with me and do what I ask you to do, you'll really clean up too.:D
I thought that was a cute idea, and I plan on trying it.

Attachments

• GuestListforyourShow.doc
    48.5 KB · Views: 304
I do....send the invites for my hosts and send them both via mail AND email....

When I'm talking to my hosts, I go over the fact that I want to Pampered Them.....and make it as fun as possible and as stress free as possible.....that this is the way I do my business....

I ask her to put together a list of Names, addresses and emails and email that to me asap....I give them about 2-3 days to compile, but usually get it within a day.

I set them up on the website and send her the email with her info and that I will send the einvites unless she would LIKE to take over that task so that she can send personal notes....I do the labels for the invites and get those out asap and let her know if she has additions just to email them to me and I'll get them out, I email her back confirmations when the invites go out so she knows. I send out the einvites, then about 2 weeks out a reminder and then 2 days out another reminder.....I do "suggest" to the host that she may want to make "reminder" calls as well to all her guests to get a "head count" for food.

I do not have a "form" that I use. I ALSO bring the ingredients with me for the recipe. I suggest if they would like to get cheese and crackers and wine that would be GREAT.....the more wine, the more they order;)
I also let them know that I clean up after myself as well.....LOL.....I do ask of the hosts that they circulate the catalogs I leave them, I give them 2-3 and also that if they want to really reap the Host Benefits that they should have 5 outside orders before the show and 5 outside orders AFTER the show (online orders included) and that way she can be insured of a fantastic show.

Hope that helps a little.....

Kelley, I like the way you say if they want to "really reap the host benefits" to get the outside orders. I always mention getting outside orders, but kind of feel like I'm telling them to do my job. But this way sounds more like a benefit to them.

I use the same form that Jennifer posted. I did listen to that booking cd & thought the soap thing was a good idea at the time & just never did it. I think maybe I'll have to order some soaps & suds pumps soon!

I've been doing the invitations for the hosts since March & I have not had a single show cancel when I've already had the guest list. Plus I knew two weeks ahead of time that one would cancel when I never got her guest list. She also wouldn't return my calls-never did know what happened with that! Anyway, I think my attendance has been pretty good too & just about every show since then has been over $500 if the host has me mail the invites. I tell them that's what I do, but some say they'd rather do it.

Rebeccascabinet said:

The majority of my hosts (I would say about 80%) email their invitations to me. This is also nice for future shows. I save their list to my computer, and then when they have a another show - I just email their list back to them and have them do updates on addresses, and add any new names they would like to include.....they REALLY like the fact that they don't have to completely redo the list! :)

I can't really add much more than what was already stated....but I have been sending out mine for over a year now. I know it has increased guest list--attendance--sales. Plus, I KNOW when they are being sent out. I let them do the reminder calls, and if they want to send emails that's their choice.
I use the 3 part forms PC sells; they work great since the top ones you tear apart & stick on like stamps. I also make labels that say 'bring a friend get a gift. if you can't make it go to www.....to place order'
I am now trying the idea of someone on here to send out the mini catalogs as the invite. I'm typing up the invite & sticking it inside the mini. I'm trying it for a couple months to see if it increases outside orders more. A gal from my cluster said she's been doing it for a year or two & it has helped her. It's more cost, but if you're getting more orders I think it will be worth it.
I definately recommend sending out your invites:D

lacychef said:
...I am now trying the idea of someone on here to send out the mini catalogs as the invite. I'm typing up the invite & sticking it inside the mini. I'm trying it for a couple months to see if it increases outside orders more. A gal from my cluster said she's been doing it for a year or two & it has helped her. It's more cost, but if you're getting more orders I think it will be worth it....

What a great idea! How did I miss that suggestion before? I love it!

1. How soon should I mail out my show invitations?

We recommend mailing out your show invitations at least 2-3 weeks prior to the show date. This allows your guests enough time to RSVP and plan for the event.

2. Can I send digital invitations instead of physical ones?

Yes, you can send digital invitations through email or social media. However, we do recommend also sending physical invitations as they can be more personal and serve as a reminder for your guests.

3. What information should I include on the invitations?

Be sure to include the date, time, and location of the show. You should also include your contact information and any special instructions or requests for your guests (such as bringing a dish to share).

4. Do you have any tips for increasing RSVPs from the show invitations?

One way to increase RSVPs is to include a deadline for RSVPs on the invitation. You can also offer incentives or discounts for guests who RSVP by a certain date. Additionally, following up with a personal phone call or message can also encourage guests to RSVP.

5. Can I customize the design of the show invitations?

Yes, you can customize the design of the show invitations with your own personal touch. You can use our customizable templates or create your own design. Just make sure to include all the necessary information and branding for Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • mechelle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mechelle
  • Tonimabbott