• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose of You That Mail Invites

S
sfdavis918
Do you put your phone number down for the RSVP calls?

No, I have the host's number.

That's what I do, too.I use labels that say:
Thurs., Month Day, 7:00 pm
hosted by Suzy Q.
123 Main Street, City
RSVP to Suzy at 123-555-1212

Nope, unless I'm the unofficial host ... I have a Bridal Show after NC and the bride is moving. Her stuff is all packed up and she's staying with a friend, so I'm the shower host and she's the show host. So, I'm the RSVP on that one. But that's not the norm.

Also, when I mail the invites, I make the host the return address.

mine is pretty much the sam as Ann's

Nope, but I put my return address on them so the ones that are undeliverable com eback to me so I can tell the host to be sure and call the person.

dannyzmom said:
Nope, but I put my return address on them so the ones that are undeliverable com eback to me so I can tell the host to be sure and call the person.

Never thought of that....I use the hosts, thinking that the guest will open it from someone she knows...I didn't think about returns!!

I put the host's return address on it so they will open it. I am a ruthless junk mail purger and often don't open things from people I don't know, so I figured it was best to put the host's return address on it.

I put the host's phone number for RSVPs. I'm not keeping track of that!

dannyzmom said:
Exactly what I do too:)

On mine there is nothing to open - it;s a postcard

The postcards keep getting lost in the mail for me, so I went to full page invites inside an envelope. I've also adjusted my host coaching to have the host CALL every person FIRST and then the invite is a REMINDER. We'll see how that works...

DebbieJ said:
The postcards keep getting lost in the mail for me, so I went to full page invites inside an envelope. I've also adjusted my host coaching to have the host CALL every person FIRST and then the invite is a REMINDER. We'll see how that works...

Hmmmmm...keep us posted, please...I have been considering doing this as well.
Are you putting them in envelopes? Or just folding them in thirds and sealing them?

In envelopes.

I make mine in thirds and seal them with a little piece of tape. They can tell on the outside that its Pampered Chef. But I use high quality paper. I'm pretty confident that most of them get opened and at least looked at.

At our last cluster meeting, my director shared that sheis now sending invitations out in envelopes along with a mini-catalog. Appartently, once she started doing this her attendance has increased and it does not cost any extra postage.

Yes, lots of my postcards were getting lost too....so I started doing the mini's & have loved it. Decided the last couple months of the season to just do full-page invites; I just fold & mail though, not in envelopes.

I send out a full page invite in an envelope. I also put the host's address as the return address so if any of them get returned, they go to the host and she'd know. Also I put the host's phone number as the RSVP but also include my info on the bottom with a little blurb saying, "Can't make it? We'll miss you! Place your order online at www......... or call your consultant, Colleen at xxx-xxx-xxxx. :)

I've been having more success with postcards since I've been including a postal bar code on the addresses (done through mail merge in Word). I was told that the readers had a hard time reading invitations since there was so much to look at, so I decided I'd give the machine something it wanted to read!

At the beginning of the new selling season, I do use the mini catalogs as the invitation. They get a great deal of interest.

Mary

Those of you who send out full page invites...is it something you ordered or just created yourself?

Do some people mail out the postcard and a mini-catalog in an envelope?

Mary I love your Yoda pic!!! LOL!

vtchef said:
At our last cluster meeting, my director shared that sheis now sending invitations out in envelopes along with a mini-catalog. Appartently, once she started doing this her attendance has increased and it does not cost any extra postage.

I like this idea. Maybe I'll try it in the fall & see how it goes with attendance & sales.

pamperedgirl3 said:
I like this idea. Maybe I'll try it in the fall & see how it goes with attendance & sales.

I'm going to try it for my Fall Preview Open House in August......and then poll everyone (I usually have a really good turnout for this event) to see how they like the mini catalog as an invitation.

I really want to try using the mini catalogs for invites too. I think this is a great idea!

That is an awesome idea! I also do full size invites and mail them in an envelope with the host's return address. I used to use my return address and found that most people will not open it unless it comes from someone they know and also because the hostess needs to get the returns back so she can follow up with her friend and it also lets the hostess know that I HAVE mailed the invites and that is COST ME MONEY if she gave me phony addresses to get an incentive for forty names and addresses.

I used to mail my invites trifolded with a piece of tape, but I have had several hostesses tell me that they thought it was junk mail and some also said it was torn when they got it. (I mail my hostess an invite the same time I mail out for her show so she knows to start expecting RSVPs)

:)

I send out a full page invite tri-folded and a bit of tape. I use my return address with a sentence under the city, state saying "You are invited to a Cooking Show at Host's Name home" That way they recognize the host name and don't throw it away. I use the Host Phone number for the RSVP's. See a generic invite attached. I think I will take a look at the mini catalogs though - especially if attendance increases at the show.

Attachments

• Invite-generic.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 326
cookingmommy said:
Those of you who send out full page invites...is it something you ordered or just created yourself?

Do some people mail out the postcard and a mini-catalog in an envelope?

I make my own, but I started with one that GourmetGirl (thanks, Alison!) created and run from there. I've been working on Bridal Shower invites the last couple of days. I'll attach one here so you can see. My regular ones look very similar - just say different things. Oh, I'll just include one of them for you, too. Hope that someone can benefit from them ...

Attachments

• Bridal Invitations with Registry.doc
    141 KB · Views: 457
  • Bridal Invitation without Registry.doc
    141.5 KB · Views: 306
  • General Invitation.doc
    775.5 KB · Views: 423
Isn't it more expensive to send out the minis as invites?

krzymomof4 said:
Isn't it more expensive to send out the minis as invites?
The minis have to go first class, letter rate. So they're 41 cents, compared to 26 for postcards. BUT it gets a selection of products in front of the customers right away. So it can be worth it.

I know that postage would not be any different than regular envie invites. My thought is that the minis are more expensive than the other invites like make your own or the postcards. I have to be careful of my costs this year. My tax guy said since I am in my 3rd year, I need to start showing a profit or get audited by IRS.

Well, the minis are about a dime each, compared to 2 cents for the postcards. But they increase interest and have increased many consultants' outside orders. So if you're getting an extra $150 in orders per show, it's worth it.

My concern about sending our flyers in envelopes is the paper & printing costs I'd incur. With the poastcards, I print onto them in a mall font. Evies I would have to address, plus print out the flyers in color - that's alotta ink and paper...

I print my full page invites in black, but on colored paper. :) And I got a box of 1000 envelopes at Office Max for like $3 with our Pampered Perks discount. So not so much expense.

I just saw the ASTROBRITE paper in an enormous quantity for less than $10 at Costco!

I may have to go back and get it!

They also have a 3-pack of high volume black ink for my printer for $49.99......I thought that was a really good deal.......better than Office Max - I Pay $40.00 for 2 of them there. (I think.....)

For those of you using the Mini-Catalog as the invitation, do you put a sticker on the front or how do you do the "invitation" part? And also, could you please share your wording on it? Thanks so much! :)

DebbieJ said:
I print my full page invites in black, but on colored paper. :) And I got a box of 1000 envelopes at Office Max for like $3 with our Pampered Perks discount. So not so much expense.

It's this dang printer ink that is killing me. I seriously need to look into getting a new printer - one that doesn't use SO much ink.

Check out bestpriceink.com. I used to get my ink there an it was a great deal! I just got a new printer so they don't carry my ink yet!

finley1991 said:
Check out bestpriceink.com. I used to get my ink there an it was a great deal! I just got a new printer so they don't carry my ink yet!

Yep - they have mine for a decent price. My one experience with remanufactured ink cartridges was bad - it ran out in just a few days. Can someone talk me into giving the remanufactered thing a try again? Or should I stick with new?

dannyzmom said:
Yep - they have mine for a decent price. My one experience with remanufactured ink cartridges was bad - it ran out in just a few days. Can someone talk me into giving the remanufactered thing a try again? Or should I stick with new?

I felt the same way and have to tell you that I never one had a problem with ink from them. I did from some other sites that I will never recommend. I have a canon printer and so far so good!

dannyzmom said:

I don't like the remanufactured either. I use new.

Our Cub Scouts recycle them as a fund raiser, so I don't turn them in for credit, but you can turn them in at Office Max for like $3 credit.

One more tip... I print everything in draft mode.. it looks pretty good for something most people are going to look at once or twice and will save on ink too... :)

Oh, and the costs ... I found my paper on sale (Astroparche). With paper and ink I figure that it costs me less than $.10 to print my own (I do full color). So, with postage, just a bit over $.50 ea. If the host has 40 guests, it's a little over $20. Right now, it's worth it. Ask me a year from now how I feel about it ;)

Yes, I print all my invites in black ink in draft mode on color paper. Whew!

I have started to use the mini new product catalogs as invitations. I have a lot that are evidently getting lost in the mail according to show hosts and guests.
I put a sticker on the back with the show information, the host's phone # and email address. Then another sticker that says: Unable to attend? Go to my website -------- and simply type in the host's name to order. I have gotten a lot of outside orders that way.
It does cost a little more to do it this way, but one outside order makes up for that extra cost.

We just started refilling our ink and it works fine. We bought a kit of ink on-line. It comes with a tiny hand drill that you put in the top of your cartridge and then use a syringe to put the ink in. Pretty simple and extremely cheap.

They are now doing this at Walgreens and other places for $10 or so. It's not color but at least the black is now affordable.

beepampered said:
We just started refilling our ink and it works fine. We bought a kit of ink on-line. It comes with a tiny hand drill that you put in the top of your cartridge and then use a syringe to put the ink in. Pretty simple and extremely cheap.

They are now doing this at Walgreens and other places for $10 or so. It's not color but at least the black is now affordable.

I ruined a printer doing it this way. That was several years ago, so maybe they've somehow made it better. I had ink all OVER the inside of the printer :eek:

I did the ones from Wlgreens, but the cartridge lasted about half as long. :(

It's not too messy so this must be different.

I don't know how long this will last but it's done a fair amount so far. The kit is like $30 (I think - not sure) and could get several dozen refillings from it so even if it doesn't last as long - it will save me a ton. It does say to refill it as soon as the cartridge is empty. I think waiting might make it dry out so if you're thinking of doing it - order it now before you need it.

Do you guys use regular envelopes or the ones with the pampered chef stuff on them from Merrill? I am thinking about doing the mailing of the minicatalog myself as the invite but I want to make sure something sticks out on the envelope to the guests so they don't think it is junk mail.

Maybe a cute sticker or stamp that says YOUR INVITED would get people's attention to open the envelope

I make my own envelopes in Publisher. It has the host's return address, the PC logo and big letters that read "YOU'RE INVITED!!!" And of course, it's always addressed to "Mary Jones & Guest".

Would anyone have a sample of the invitation flyer they use? I really like the idea of adding the mini catalog w/ the invite.

<h2>1. Do I have to put my phone number down for RSVP calls?</h2><p>Yes, it is important to provide a way for guests to RSVP to your event. Including your phone number allows for a more personal and efficient way for guests to confirm their attendance.</p><h2>2. Can I use a different contact method for RSVPs?</h2><p>While providing your phone number is recommended, you can also choose to include your email address or create an online RSVP form for guests to use.</p><h2>3. Will my phone number be visible to all guests on the invitation?</h2><p>No, your phone number will only be visible to those who receive the invitation. If you are concerned about privacy, you can also create a separate phone number specifically for RSVP calls.</p><h2>4. What if I don't want to receive RSVP calls?</h2><p>If you prefer not to receive RSVP calls, you can leave your phone number off the invitation and provide alternative methods for guests to RSVP.</p><h2>5. Can I use a friend or family member's phone number for RSVP calls?</h2><p>It is recommended to use your own phone number for RSVP calls to ensure all RSVPs are properly recorded. However, if you are unable to do so, you can use a trusted friend or family member's phone number with their permission.</p>

1. Do I have to put my phone number down for RSVP calls?

Yes, it is important to provide a way for guests to RSVP to your event. Including your phone number allows for a more personal and efficient way for guests to confirm their attendance.

2. Can I use a different contact method for RSVPs?

While providing your phone number is recommended, you can also choose to include your email address or create an online RSVP form for guests to use.

3. Will my phone number be visible to all guests on the invitation?

No, your phone number will only be visible to those who receive the invitation. If you are concerned about privacy, you can also create a separate phone number specifically for RSVP calls.

4. What if I don't want to receive RSVP calls?

If you prefer not to receive RSVP calls, you can leave your phone number off the invitation and provide alternative methods for guests to RSVP.

5. Can I use a friend or family member's phone number for RSVP calls?

It is recommended to use your own phone number for RSVP calls to ensure all RSVPs are properly recorded. However, if you are unable to do so, you can use a trusted friend or family member's phone number with their permission.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • PamperedbyKaren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedbyKaren
  • chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies