• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Invitations for My Power Cooking Workshop

I'm just feeling stuck getting going. Once I do, I'll be fine. It's just deciding on what exactly to say, what exactly to send, who to send to, etc.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm not sure how much to do for this. I sent out an e-mail invitation with iContact. Now it's the phone calling time. I'm wondering if I should also send out invitations or not. Maybe to my immediate friends/family that I originally would invite to stuff, and just stick to phone calls and e-mail for my business contacts? What would you recommend? Make the investment in postage and printing and send an invite to everyone?

Send emails to everyone, then follow up with calls. If you used icontact, you can send the mini brochures to those who did not open their emails.

Does your family expect invites by mail? Will email and/or a phone call suffice? Are they familiar with the catalog? Do what is best for you, while maintaining satisfaction on their end.

I can skip mailing something to my friends and family I think. I think phone calls to them would be the easiest. So if I'm calling everyone (and not chicken out of calling past customers, etc), I wonder if I should send invites. I just keep thinking of the expense. I can't afford to do the mini's. I'd do it for a host, but for myself I'm not sure.

babywings76 said:
I can skip mailing something to my friends and family I think. I think phone calls to them would be the easiest. So if I'm calling everyone (and not chicken out of calling past customers, etc), I wonder if I should send invites. I just keep thinking of the expense. I can't afford to do the mini's. I'd do it for a host, but for myself I'm not sure.

You should treat your own show (if you are doing it to grow your biz) just like any other show. Why aren;t your guests just as entitled to a nice invite?

I say see how many people open and see the email invite....using your icontact. THEN TAKE A DEEP BREATH, and call EVERYONE....including those that give you the butterflies. You are offering a fun service, and I bet many would appreciate something to do. You never know how many of them were "meaning to call, but never got around to it."

If you can't afford the mailings at this point, then do not over extend yourself. Do as much as you can but not at your expense....

etteluap70PC said:
You should treat your own show (if you are doing it to grow your biz) just like any other show. Why aren;t your guests just as entitled to a nice invite?
I know what you mean, and for my beginning shows, that's what I did. But now I'm where my invitations are more business-like than "Come, I'm having a party and we're friends" like a regular host is. KWIM? It's more like: I'm having a workshop and am hoping to get bookings and orders. These people aren't my friends--they are past hosts and customers. They would probably want to order for a friend, but not just for my benefit. ya know?I don't know maybe I'm thinking this all wrong. I'm just still in my funk from the rejection I've had from experiences lately. I just am fearful of rejection and all the people hanging up on me or saying "I don't have any money". I don't mean to whine, I'm really trying not to. I will be positive on the phone, and am armed with all the things to say regarding the value of our products in these times, etc. I'm just feeling stuck getting going. Once I do, I'll be fine. It's just deciding on what exactly to say, what exactly to send, who to send to, etc.

babywings76 said:
I know what you mean, and for my beginning shows, that's what I did. But now I'm where my invitations are more business-like than "Come, I'm having a party and we're friends" like a regular host is. KWIM? It's more like: I'm having a workshop and am hoping to get bookings and orders. These people aren't my friends--they are past hosts and customers. They would probably want to order for a friend, but not just for my benefit. ya know?

I don't know maybe I'm thinking this all wrong. I'm just still in my funk from the rejection I've had from experiences lately. I just am fearful of rejection and all the people hanging up on me or saying "I don't have any money".

I don't mean to whine, I'm really trying not to. I will be positive on the phone, and am armed with all the things to say regarding the value of our products in these times, etc. I'm just feeling stuck getting going. Once I do, I'll be fine. It's just deciding on what exactly to say, what exactly to send, who to send to, etc.

I think if they've been your hosts, then don't they become your friends too? Many of my past hosts are now my friends...or at least we are friendly. When I do anything like this, I treat it as a time when I can honor them, and pamper them. I usually spend a bit more money, and give away host benefits, and do some other drawings...my past hosts LOVE it when I host a show. (I only do it once, maybe twice a year). Yes, you will benefit from it too, but make the emphasis on them!

(for instance, when I did a Power Cooking Clinic, I did a drawing for the meals we made, and 3 guests went home with a freezer ready meal!)

Yeah, you're right. We are friends. I guess I should view it that way. I feel like their friend, but I guess I'm just so self-conscious and fearful of rejection these days. I think I'm just assuming people view me as junk mail, when maybe they'll be glad to be invited.

Now, where can I find pink envelopes? :)

I get pink envelopes at Wal-Mart...

1. What should I include in my invitations for the Power Cooking Workshop?

Your invitations should include the date, time, and location of the workshop. It's also helpful to include a brief description of what attendees can expect to learn and any special instructions, such as bringing their own apron or cooking utensils.

2. Can I customize the invitations to match my theme or brand?

Yes, you can customize your invitations to fit your personal style or brand. Pampered Chef offers customizable invitation templates that you can easily edit with your own information and images.

3. How should I send out the invitations?

You can send out the invitations through email, social media, or traditional mail. Whichever method you choose, make sure to send them out at least 2 weeks in advance to give attendees enough time to RSVP.

4. Do I need to include an RSVP deadline on the invitations?

It's recommended to include an RSVP deadline on the invitations so you can have an accurate headcount for the workshop. This also helps with planning and purchasing the right amount of ingredients and supplies.

5. Can I invite friends and family who are not familiar with Pampered Chef?

Absolutely! The more the merrier. Our workshops are a great way to introduce new people to Pampered Chef and our products. You can also offer a special discount or incentive for attendees who bring a friend or family member with them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
junkfortara
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
milkangel