• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Time Replacing Something - Shipping Question

This is my first time having to replace an item for a customer. Her Microplane Grater broke. I requested a Product Adjustment online, and today got a reference number, and they are shipping a new one. My question is...the email message says to return the damaged one, using the reference number they gave me. Is there a certain way I'm supposed to return it? Do I charge the customer what it costs to ship it back to PC, or do I as a consultant cover that charge? Thanks for any assistance. I live in Alaska, too, so I'm not sure what the best way to ship it is.Ideally, the customer
blestmom
Hi,

This is my first time having to replace an item for a customer. Her Microplane Grater broke. I requested a Product Adjustment online, and today got a reference number, and they are shipping a new one.

My question is...the email message says to return the damaged one, using the reference number they gave me. Is there a certain way I'm supposed to return it? Do I charge the customer what it costs to ship it back to PC, or do I as a consultant cover that charge?

Thanks for any assistance. I live in Alaska, too, so I'm not sure what the best way to ship it is.

Ideally, the customer handles the mailing. You are not responsible for that cost nor is PC. For something light, USPS is probably your best bet. Just make sure to get delivery confirmation.They will not ship out a new one until the broken one is received.

Thank you...I would not have thought of delivery confirmation. You've been a big help. :)

Make sure you put the reference number inside the box and on the shipping label too.

It's interesting that different bits of information are given by HO regarding returns. One time they told me to return it, putting the reference # on inside and out. I just did one online today and it said to print off the page and include that in the box. That one threw me off, because my host is doing the return not me... so I have to forward the e-mail to her and have her print it off and send it in with her item. Also, in the instructions in that e-mail it didn't tell her to put the reference # on the outside of the box. It also said "Be sure your mailing receipt is saved for return verification", and the other times they never told me to do that.

i just did one this week and they sent fed ex to my house to get it, they did tell me to put the reference number inside and outside the box. They also told me to insert a copy of the reciept... hehe oops, I sent the wrong one... it doesnt matter how long it takes though, i had an extra one so i gave the customer that one, and the new item is coming to me.

I have always been one for good customer service when it comes to returns, but it was getting a bit insane there for a while, so now I tell my guests that once a month I send a box of items to be returned. They can give me their item and wait until I send it back (could take a month depending on when I sent the last box out), OR they could send it back to the company and receive their replacement product much faster.

1. Can I return a product for a replacement?

Yes, you can return a product for a replacement within 1 year of purchase. Please contact our customer service team for instructions on how to initiate the replacement process.

2. How long does it take for a replacement to arrive?

The replacement product will typically arrive within 7-10 business days from the date it was shipped. However, depending on your location and any potential shipping delays, it may take longer.

3. Do I have to pay for shipping when I request a replacement?

No, there is no additional shipping charge for replacements within the 1 year time frame. We will cover the cost of shipping the replacement product to you.

4. Can I exchange a product for a different one?

Unfortunately, we do not offer direct exchanges. If you would like a different product, you will need to return the original item for a refund and then purchase the new item separately.

5. What if my replacement arrives damaged or defective?

If your replacement product arrives damaged or defective, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with you to resolve the issue and ensure you receive a satisfactory replacement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • yankfan24
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • BeckyC5830