• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Direct Ship Orders: Fedex vs Smartpost - What You Need to Know

:)I agree we do.... I didn't know for sure either, but my husband is the shipping manager at his company and is pals with all the drivers for all the different companies... it was his explanation. :)
yankfan24
Gold Member
Has anyone had a customer's order (from a show) that's a direct ship be sent via Smartpost versus Fed Ex? I know that replacement parts and some of our incentive shipments come Smartpost, but for the first time, I have a customer's direct ship order going Smartpost. The delivery is scheduled for June 13 and the host is getting her show delvered today. Why are we charging the same for the direct shipments but having them sent a less expensive way of delivery, not to mention slower...

Was there any kind of communication from the HO to let us know that they would be doing this?:confused:

Yes, when they started it they said all packages under a certain weight would go smart post. I don't like it either. :grumpy:

Beth...do you know when that started? Thanks for clarifying!!

I don't like it either. It's the most frustrating thing about individual and direct ship orders. Especially because they aren't being charged a lower price - but they are getting a lower quality of service. :(

I have a replacement part that just shipped and when I tracked it it's not coming fed ex or smartpost... it's coming via DHL to the post office.... never had anything from PC go through DHL... I'm confused about that.

I've had a lot of replacements go through DHL. More than smartpost. It will still go to the post office to be delivered. All of them use the post office now for their smaller deliveries. That's why when you order online, you have to be careful about the shipping because "ground" could be 8-10 days if they do it like this.

vanscootin said:
I have a replacement part that just shipped and when I tracked it it's not coming fed ex or smartpost... it's coming via DHL to the post office.... never had anything from PC go through DHL... I'm confused about that.

Fedex owns DHL.

Shelly Flanagan said:
Fedex owns DHL.

I don't believe they do. DHL is the Duetsche Post which is the German Post Office. Unlike the US, most European postal companies are private businesses. There was some confusion a few years ago when many people misunderstood a news report about FeEx and Dhl. FedEx was negotiating with Dhl, who was, at the time, still trying to stay in business, to fly Dhl freight on FedEx aircraft. Many took this to mean FedEx was negotiating to purchase Dhl's United States operations, which wasn't true. As it turned out, FedEx was able to obtain about 75% of Dhl's domestic accounts... so technically DHL is still it's own company and is not owned by Fed Ex.

vanscootin said:
I don't believe they do. DHL is the Duetsche Post which is the German Post Office. Unlike the US, most European postal companies are private businesses. There was some confusion a few years ago when many people misunderstood a news report about FeEx and Dhl. FedEx was negotiating with Dhl, who was, at the time, still trying to stay in business, to fly Dhl freight on FedEx aircraft. Many took this to mean FedEx was negotiating to purchase Dhl's United States operations, which wasn't true. As it turned out, FedEx was able to obtain about 75% of Dhl's domestic accounts... so technically DHL is still it's own company and is not owned by Fed Ex.

Thanks for the clarification Van. I guess my fedex person was also misinformed. I read the press release by fedex and it just says that they welcome the opportunity to provide service to domestic and ground customers while DHL exits the market. Learn something new every day. :)

Shelly Flanagan said:
Thanks for the clarification Van. I guess my fedex person was also misinformed. I read the press release by fedex and it just says that they welcome the opportunity to provide service to domestic and ground customers while DHL exits the market. Learn something new every day. :)

I agree we do.... I didn't know for sure either, but my husband is the shipping manager at his company and is pals with all the drivers for all the different companies... it was his explanation.

1. What is the difference between FedEx and Smartpost?

FedEx is a shipping company that specializes in express delivery services, while Smartpost is a service offered by FedEx that utilizes the US Postal Service for final delivery.

2. Which one is faster, FedEx or Smartpost?

FedEx is generally faster than Smartpost, as it offers express delivery options that guarantee fast delivery times. Smartpost relies on the US Postal Service for final delivery, which can sometimes result in longer delivery times.

3. Is FedEx or Smartpost more cost-effective?

This depends on the specific shipping needs and distance of the package. In general, Smartpost can be more cost-effective for longer distances, while FedEx may be more cost-effective for shorter distances or urgent deliveries.

4. Are there any differences in tracking between FedEx and Smartpost?

Both FedEx and Smartpost offer tracking services, but Smartpost's tracking may be limited once the package is handed over to the US Postal Service for final delivery. FedEx offers more detailed tracking information throughout the entire delivery process.

5. Can I choose between FedEx and Smartpost for my shipment?

Yes, you can choose between FedEx and Smartpost when shipping with FedEx. However, Smartpost may only be available for certain shipping routes and package sizes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • janetupnorth
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • esavvymom