• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find Your Perfect Stoneware Bowl for Baking | Great Deals Available

In summary, stoneware is a type of baking bowl made from natural clay that is fired at high temperatures, making it more durable and able to withstand high heat. It results in even baking and browning of food compared to other materials. The size of a stoneware bowl will depend on the type of dish being made, with a general rule of a 9x13 inch dish serving 6-8 people and an 8x8 inch dish serving 4-6 people. Stoneware bowls are safe to use in the microwave and dishwasher, but it's important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and care. To clean and maintain a stoneware bowl, use hot water and a gentle scrub brush, avoiding
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for the old round stoneware bowl that you use with the deep dish baker. I do not care if it is used as long as it is price accordingly.

Thanks!

I don't know if you ever hit the goodwills or salvation army stores, but I have seen these several times there. It's just an idea.

I have also seen them on ebay... as a last resort!

I have one, but I am sure that it would be pretty spendy to send you. It is very heavy and would need a bigger box to pack it properly...

I have one, only used it a few times...but don't think I'm willing to give it up...I'll ask around and see if I know of anyone by me with one...

Hey Wendy,

I have the bowl - I have no idea why I do - I just do.

It is out of the box but has never been used - kinda scuffed up but cleanable. (it has been on the laundry room shelf for who knows how long)

I am in the Mid-Willamette valley - about 100 miles south of PDX.... so shipping shouldn't be too bad.

How is $10.00 plus actual shipping sound?? (if I can figure out how to check) :D

LMK

Just FYI, I went to Goodwill after posting to look there and there was one for 9.99. So, you might want to check any local areas you have. I know I've seen them for less. It might save you shipping charges.

Related to Find Your Perfect Stoneware Bowl for Baking | Great Deals Available

1. What is the difference between stoneware and other types of baking bowls?

Stoneware is made from natural clay that is fired at high temperatures, making it more durable and able to withstand high heat. This results in even baking and browning of your food, compared to other materials like glass or metal.

2. How do I choose the right size stoneware bowl for my baking needs?

The size of your stoneware bowl will depend on the type of dish you are making. As a general rule, a 9x13 inch stoneware dish will serve 6-8 people, while an 8x8 inch dish will serve 4-6 people. Consider the size of your family or the number of guests you will be serving when choosing the right size.

3. Can I use stoneware bowls in the microwave and dishwasher?

Yes, stoneware bowls are safe to use in the microwave and dishwasher. Just make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and care.

4. How do I clean and maintain my stoneware bowl?

To clean your stoneware bowl, simply use hot water and a gentle scrub brush. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges that can damage the stoneware. For tough stains, soak the bowl in hot water before scrubbing. To maintain your stoneware, make sure to avoid extreme temperature changes and never place a hot stoneware bowl on a cold surface.

5. Are there any tips for using stoneware bowls for baking?

To ensure even baking, always preheat your stoneware bowl in the oven before adding your food. You can also lightly grease the bowl with cooking spray or oil to prevent sticking. When removing your dish from the oven, use oven mitts or a trivet to protect yourself and your countertops from the hot stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • HeatherP19
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • powelljj
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies