1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Stoneware baking bowl- does anyone remember it?

1. i know it's not availible any more, but a friend gave me that stoneware baking bowl, and i have no idea what to do with it. i mean is it an older version of the DCB? or something else all together? :confused:i don't know how long ago she bought it. she just told me she had had it forever and used it like 5 times. no recipes for it and no idea what to use it for. any one remember it? any one got ideas for using it? i hate having kitchen stuff i don't use.:( TIA

2. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Yup, many of us have them. If it is the large one, it goes over the unglazed DDB. It is good for soups/stews in the oven, roasts, etc.

Sep 25, 2008
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

There were 2: a bowl, and a rectangular lid/bowl. Both could be used with other pieces (deep dish baker or rectangular baker, respectively) to create a covered baker, which could be used with the shallow piece as the base or as the lid. There was a beef stew recipe and a chili recipe in the old Stoneware Sensations books that were made in them. Yum!

Anyhoo, it was very similar to the DCB, although I don't think it would fit into a microwave unless you had a really BIG microwave.

You can also put bread dough over the outside of the bowl and bake it to create a bread serving bowl for salads or rolls.

Sep 25, 2008
  4. Jess_K

Jess_K Member

in the casual cooking cookbook (the one they just retired) it says to use it to make a bread bowl.. haven't tried it yet, but it's an idea, maybe for the artichoke dip.. ?

Sep 25, 2008
  5. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Actually there were 3, the lid to the 9x13, the stoneware bowl over the DDB and the mini bowl that went over the mini-baker.

Sep 25, 2008
  6. Dome up I would cover pan with dough to make bread bowls for soups or salads. I have 2 if you flip the top one over it makes a great roaster too. Awesome for stuffing and casseroles too

Aug 13, 2016
  7. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

The technology rivaled the Rommertopf see here cookware, then we developed the Generation, Generation II, Professional, Executive, Stainless cookware and DCB. Now we're to RockCrockery. I'm eager to see a RockCrock skillet, to me it's the cookware for the 21st Century. And I use stoneware every day!

Aug 20, 2016
Have something to add?