• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stoneware Baking Bowl- Does Anyone Remember It?

In summary, a friend gave an older version of the DCB stoneware baking bowl to a person who has no idea what to do with it. The bowl is similar to the DCB, but is not microwaveable. The bowl can be used for cooking in the oven, on the stove, or as a bread bowl. There are recipes for using the bowl in the old Stoneware Sensations cookbooks.
princessmeshelle
i know it's not availible any more, but a friend gave me that stoneware baking bowl, and i have no idea what to do with it. i mean is it an older version of the DCB? or something else all together? :confused:i don't know how long ago she bought it. she just told me she had had it forever and used it like 5 times. no recipes for it and no idea what to use it for. any one remember it? any one got ideas for using it? i hate having kitchen stuff i don't use.:( TIA

Yup, many of us have them. If it is the large one, it goes over the unglazed DDB. It is good for soups/stews in the oven, roasts, etc.

There were 2: a bowl, and a rectangular lid/bowl. Both could be used with other pieces (deep dish baker or rectangular baker, respectively) to create a covered baker, which could be used with the shallow piece as the base or as the lid. There was a beef stew recipe and a chili recipe in the old Stoneware Sensations books that were made in them. Yum! Anyhoo, it was very similar to the DCB, although I don't think it would fit into a microwave unless you had a really BIG microwave. You can also put bread dough over the outside of the bowl and bake it to create a bread serving bowl for salads or rolls.

in the casual cooking cookbook (the one they just retired) it says to use it to make a bread bowl.. haven't tried it yet, but it's an idea, maybe for the artichoke dip.. ?

Actually there were 3, the lid to the 9x13, the stoneware bowl over the DDB and the mini bowl that went over the mini-baker.

Dome up I would cover pan with dough to make bread bowls for soups or salads. I have 2 if you flip the top one over it makes a great roaster too. Awesome for stuffing and casseroles too

The technology rivaled the Rommertopf http://www.romertopfonline.com/ cookware, then we developed the Generation, Generation II, Professional, Executive, Stainless cookware and DCB. Now we're to RockCrockery. I'm eager to see a RockCrock skillet, to me it's the cookware for the 21st Century. And I use stoneware every day!

Hi there!I do remember the stoneware baking bowl and it was a popular item in the past. It is actually a different product from the Deep Covered Baker (DCB), although they may have similar uses. The stoneware baking bowl is great for baking casseroles, stews, and roasting chicken or other meats. You can also use it for making bread, as it helps to create a crispy crust. Some other ideas for using it include making pot pies, lasagna, or even a large batch of mac and cheese. The stoneware material helps to evenly distribute heat for a perfect bake every time. I would suggest checking out our website for some recipes specifically designed for the stoneware baking bowl, or feel free to reach out to me for some ideas. I hope this helps and happy cooking!

1. What is the Stoneware Baking Bowl and how does it differ from traditional bakeware?

The Stoneware Baking Bowl is a versatile piece of bakeware made from natural clay and fired at high temperatures. It is known for its ability to distribute heat evenly, resulting in perfectly cooked and browned dishes. Unlike traditional metal or glass bakeware, stoneware is more durable and can go from freezer to oven to table without cracking or shattering.

2. How do I clean and care for my Stoneware Baking Bowl?

To clean your Stoneware Baking Bowl, simply rinse it with hot water and use a nylon scraper or brush to remove any food residue. Avoid using soap or detergent, as it can be absorbed into the porous surface of the stoneware. For stubborn stains, soak the bowl in hot water and a small amount of baking soda before scrubbing. Avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing a hot stoneware bowl in cold water, as it can cause cracking. Let the bowl cool down before washing or putting it in the dishwasher.

3. Can I use my Stoneware Baking Bowl in the microwave?

Yes, you can use your Stoneware Baking Bowl in the microwave. However, make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and never heat an empty stoneware bowl in the microwave. It is also best to avoid using stoneware in the broiler or on direct heat sources such as stovetop burners.

4. Can the Stoneware Baking Bowl be used for baking bread or cakes?

Yes, the Stoneware Baking Bowl is great for baking bread, cakes, and other baked goods. Its natural clay material and even heat distribution help produce perfectly crispy and evenly baked treats. Just make sure to grease the bowl before adding the batter or dough to prevent sticking.

5. Is the Stoneware Baking Bowl safe to use with food?

Yes, the Stoneware Baking Bowl is safe to use with food. It is made from natural clay and does not contain any harmful chemicals or coatings. It is also lead-free and meets all FDA requirements for food safety. However, make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and care to ensure the longevity of your stoneware bowl.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
c00p
  • mrshamel3808