• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finally Got on the Phone:) - It Worked

In summary, Rhonda got back into the groove of her business by booking cooking shows and catalog shows. She also left messages on the phone. She is scared of the phone and the answering machine, but is getting better. She recommends starting the call with a general question about the customer's experience with the product and then talking about the specials.
pampchefrhondab
Hi Everyone,

I'm finally getting back in the groove after my cruise and the holidays:thumbup:

I got on the phone for about an hour tonight and booked 2 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows. I also left about 6 messages.;)

It feels so good to finally get back into it! I need to pay off that Chirstmas debt! That is a good incentive for me:)

Who hoo!! Good for you!

The phone is my biggest barrier of my business. When I finally got the courage to get on the phone I stopped after 3 calls!!! The last call that I made I was almost cussed out by the woman! That scared me into making any additional calls. I also am not secure with with to say. Any suggestions on how to makes calls and what to say for the newbies and the chicken??

I find I do best when I approach it as just checking on my customers. As a general rule, I don't try to talk someone into having a show or placing an order. I just introduce myself and ask if they're loving the products they purchased.This month, if they go on about how much they love PC, I mention the 20% off stoneware.That's it.If the conversation goes there, I'll talk about hosting and/or ordering, but most of my calls really are just checking on my customers.

The phone is always scary for me still, but it's getting better - and I was a secretary for many years and spend most of my day job on the phone (LOL)!! I always think they are going to think I am bothering them. I always ask up front do you have just a couple of minutes. That way they know it's not going to be a long call.

The best attitude to have is that you are calling for them. You really need to convey this. Like Rae said, she just does it as a courtesy call of how they are liking their products. I have not been good with customer care calls. The calls I usually make are the ones where people have told me, "I don't want a party now, but call me the first of the year, next month, etc."

I'm going to start calling all of may past hosts this weekend (I'm trying to book Februrary full). I'm going to look up what they purchased and then start the call with, "Hi 'host', this is Rhonda with the PC." I was just using my 'rectangular stone' and was thinking about you." Are you enjoying yours? This really starts the call on a good note. They are impressed that you thought of them. Then as the conversation goes on tell them that the January/February special is the best you have seen since you started with the PC. Explain that even if they don't want to have an in-home party they can still get the specials w/a catalog show.

I just called a past host from Aug. She wasn't interested in another show until late this year, but I knew she wanted some additional cookware so I called her and said, "I know you weren't interested in a show until late this year, but I thought I should let you know about our February special." She was thrilled I called her and is going to put together a catalog show. I of course started the conversation w/how were your holidays, etc.

I can't take credit for these calling ideas. I got them from the best training CD's for phone calling from Lyn Conway of "A Fresh Perspective." I like her "Ring Up Rewards." See if anyone in your cluster has her training CD's. I try to re-listen to her CD when I'm getting ready to make my calls.

The worst thing for me is the answering machine. It seems nobody ever calls you back even though you leave a msg. I just hate the caller ID because if you don't leave a msg. they will know you called anyway. So I do what Rae does and tell them I will try them again if I don't hear back from them. I have had people tell me their husband deleted my msg. and they didn't get my phone no., etc. So it's always worth trying again. I do usually stop after the third call.

I'm not sure what I would do if someone swore at me. I probably would have stopped calling for the night as well. I'm glad you shared your story w/us though, because now I can be prepared if that happens to me. I think I would just say, I'm sorry to have bothered you. I will take you off of my list.

Good luck and get back on that phone. You can do it!

I have trouble with calling people that I don't know or are not past host customers. For example, I carry the Merrill Ribbon tote and on a few occassions I was asked about PC. I gave the person asking a mini catalog and my business card. I also got their information. Problem~ I can't bring myself to call these people becuase I don't know what to say. Any advice? :chef:

I would say something like this:

Hi, this is Becky, with TPC, I met you at the grocery store yesterday.....I was just calling to see if you had any questions I could answer for you, or if you needed help with anything? (take care of the answer to this, and then...)

I also wanted to let you know that we have some great host and guest specials coming up - would you be interested in hearing about these?

and then take it from there.....

Thanks, I appreciate it. :chef:

Great advice everyone but my question is. . . I did a show on friday and I am looking over the guest cards and some people said "maybe" about have a catalog or home show how long would you wait to call these people? I just started in Oct. and have yet to make any calls but I would love to FILL my calender. Any suggestion who to call and what to say Thanks

Call them right away. When you do, ask what they meant by maybe. If they want to wait a couple of months, agree on a window of time to call them back (early March, mid-April, etc.).

When someone checks maybe on having a show, I call them back and say: "Hi this is Laurie with TPC and I was calling to schedule your show that you were interested in having." I assume that they are going to have it. It the time isn't good for them, then I ask them when they would be interested in having their show and I will call them back when I am scheduling that month.

Before I hang up I ask them if there is anything I can do to help them? Do they need a recipe, have questions about products.

Related to Finally Got on the Phone:) - It Worked

1. How does "Finally Got on the Phone:) - It Worked" work?

"Finally Got on the Phone:) - It Worked" is a unique tool that allows you to easily get in touch with your friends and family by automatically redialing busy or unanswered numbers until the call goes through.

2. Can I use this tool with any phone carrier?

Yes, "Finally Got on the Phone:) - It Worked" works with all phone carriers and landlines, making it a versatile and convenient option for everyone.

3. Is my personal information safe while using this tool?

Absolutely. We take the privacy and security of our users very seriously. Your personal information is never shared or stored.

4. Are there any additional fees for using this tool?

No, there are no additional fees for using "Finally Got on the Phone:) - It Worked". It is a one-time purchase and can be used as many times as needed.

5. Can I customize the number of redial attempts?

Yes, you can customize the number of redial attempts to fit your needs and preferences. This can be changed in the settings of the tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StephsKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MHPampered
  • kcmckay