• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Filing a Claim at the Post Office ?

In summary, Meghan is frustrated because she bought a pink trio bowl from two different chefs, both of which arrived broken. The first one was not insured but the chef reimbursed her half, while the second one was insured. To file a claim with the post office, she needs the original mailing receipt and evidence of value. She wonders if her online banking check and emails with the chef are enough or if she needs something from PC stating the true amount of the item. Someone suggests she go to the post office with the original shipping package and printouts from HO, CC, or CN to show the value. Meghan is relieved and plans to have a glass of wine to destress. She paid $9.75 for the bowl, but the
thecougchef
:grumpy:ughhhh.

i have bought the pink trio bowl from TWO different cheffers & both of them have arrived broken! the first one was not insured but the cheffer reimbursed me half (thank youuuu ;)). the 2nd one we DID insure, LUCKILY, but when i went to USPS.com to get the facts on what i needed to do..it was a loooong list.

i need the original mailing receipt - would that just be the sticker that they put on the box with the article # or do i actually need to have the person who mailed it to me, mail me the original receipt??

i have to provide evidence of value. i have a copy of my check from my online banking. and i have the emails that this cheffer and i exchanged. but is that enough? or do i need to have something from PC saying the true amount of the item??

has anyone else had to file a claim with the post office because of something that they ordered off of here??? im very frusterated that they make you jump through so many hoops! :grumpy:

Ok Meghan, breathe!!!

Go to your post office and contact the cheffer who sent the insured one - keep everything in the original shipping package (just as it showed up at your door) you can print out something from HO or CC or even CN that shows the value - (go to May specials) bring it all to the post office and fill out a form there - they will take the stuff and you will be sent a check. Its really not as bad as you think! I know its so frustrating and you have had your share this week - but grab yourself a glass of wine honey, and breathe!

thanks dor :) a glass of wine sounds like it would solve all of my problems right now. im so glad tomorrow is my friday.

i paid $9.75 for the bowl
but everything i could find on CC said it was $7.80 :eek:
that was the host price for may.
is there somewhere else i can look for the actual cost??

The host cost would be the only published cost from HO, but you could probably use the price of the dots trio bowl or multiply the host price by 2.5 to get the retail price (since host specials are 60% off).

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with the broken bowls! It's definitely frustrating when packages arrive damaged, especially when you've taken the extra step to insure them. As for the original mailing receipt, that should just be the sticker that was placed on the box with the article number. And yes, your copy of the check and email exchanges should be enough evidence of value. However, if you want to be extra safe, you could also reach out to Pampered Chef and ask for a confirmation of the true amount of the item. I hope everything gets sorted out for you soon!

1. How do I file a claim at the post office?

To file a claim at the post office, you will need to fill out a PS Form 1000 and submit it to your local post office. You can also file a claim online through the USPS website.

2. What information do I need to provide when filing a claim?

You will need to provide your name, address, tracking number, proof of value, and a detailed description of the item and the damage or loss. You may also be asked to provide additional documentation, such as receipts or photos.

3. How long do I have to file a claim at the post office?

You must file a claim within 60 days from the date of mailing for domestic shipments and within 9 months for international shipments. Claims filed after these time frames may not be accepted.

4. How long does it take for a claim to be processed?

The processing time for a claim at the post office can vary, but it typically takes 7-10 business days. In some cases, it may take longer if further investigation is needed or if additional information is required.

5. Can I track the status of my claim?

Yes, you can track the status of your claim online through the USPS website or by contacting the post office where you filed the claim. You will need your claim number to track the status.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • ginamkiely
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ginamkiely
  • pckrissy