• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simplifying Office Paperwork: Should I Keep Show Receipts?

I take it to a show, I have it on the laptop.In summary, the conversation discusses the use of PP3 and whether or not it is necessary to keep physical receipts from shows. Some suggest using the Pampered Partner receipt paper and printing a receipt anytime, while others warn of potential data loss if the computer crashes. The conversation also mentions the difference between PP and P3, with P3 being the newer version. It is advised to back up data and consider importing it into P3 for easy transition. It is also possible to install P3 on multiple computers.
ginamkiely
Ok, since we have PP3 and can print a receipt for anyone at anytime do I really need to keep all the receipts from shows? I'm thinking that can eliminate a lot of paperwork in my office and I have the pampered partner receipt paper so I can print anytime. Am I right or should i keep them??

do you mean the order forms? i use the oof and i staple all of those to the show summary i print off ... dont know if i need to, but i do LOL

yeah the part of the order form that i get to keep from shows. why do i need to keep it if i can print one anytime i need to from PP3? also, a show summary.... do i need to print one of those when it's always in my computer? my office is already cluttered enough (half family papers, half scrapbooking stuff and now PC) so i'm trying to keep the paperwork to a minimum.

You don't NEED to, but that also depends on how diligent you are about backing up your P3 data. I've heard horror stories from consultants who lost years worth of data because they had a computer problem and had no backup. Since they wanted to be able to use past order histories, etc., they had to re-enter all their orders. If they didn't have paper copies, they'd have been sunk.

What's p3?Ok, I'm a little in the dark here. What is P3? I've got pampered partner 17.0 on my computer. Is P3 the same thing?

oh my god Ann you're scaring me!! lol. Seriously, thanks for the warning of that. I already had to uninstall and reinstall P3 and almost lost a few shows. I guess I'll get a file box and keep them in the attic, conveniently the door to the attic is already in my office so it won't be a far walk. lol.

Thanks for the help, i feel better already!

tabnat80 said:
Ok, I'm a little in the dark here. What is P3? I've got pampered partner 17.0 on my computer. Is P3 the same thing?

i don't think it's the same thing, pampered partner 3 is the newest program they have.

tabnat80 said:
Ok, I'm a little in the dark here. What is P3? I've got pampered partner 17.0 on my computer. Is P3 the same thing?
P3 is the new Pampered Partner. It is included on your disc to update PP each season. P3 is also what new consultants are getting.

You can choose to update to P3 whenever you want to or for now just keep using PP until they make us change over to the new program.

tabnat80 said:

You have the old version P3 is the new version (Pampered Partner Plus). It is my understanding that you won't be able to use Pampered Partner much longer. If you are active you should've gotten the disk in your changeover or you can download it from CC. It takes some getting used to so download it now and play with it before you have an actual show to enter.

When I change over to p3 will the pampered partner info/show info covert over too?

I have been printing them out but am considering just trying to be really diligent about backing up to my flash drive. Like making it a daily thing. I dont do filing well already, not having to keep these things I think would be nice :)

tabnat80 said:
When I change over to p3 will the pampered partner info/show info covert over too?
There is one chance to import data from a PP backup when you install P3. What you can do is install P3 to play with it, and continue to use PP for shows. Then when you're comfortable with P3, uninstall it, do one last backup of PP, and reinstall P3, importing the data. Then you'll have the lastest in P3 and be ready to go.

chefann said:
There is one chance to import data from a PP backup when you install P3. What you can do is install P3 to play with it, and continue to use PP for shows. Then when you're comfortable with P3, uninstall it, do one last backup of PP, and reinstall P3, importing the data. Then you'll have the lastest in P3 and be ready to go.

Dumb question #762. Can you install it into more than one computer? For example, can I install on my PC and my laptop? (Im a computer invalid)

Denarella~

Yes...you can install it on more than one computer. I have it on my husband's laptop and on "my" computer downstairs. I usually am on my DH laptop (since it's upstairs and easy to access) then I just back up P3 onto my flash drive and then take it down to "my" computer and "restore" to update that computer so they are then exactly the same. I have to use my computer to print out receipts, and it is very simple!

Correct me if I am wrong here ladies and gents....doesn't HO now have a backup of our stuff if we are using P3? I thought that was one of the perks of using P3....if (God forbid) something happens to my computer and my backup is messed up too, can't they restore it for me? I thought I remember hearing someone talking about this...they had a crash and HO was able to help them get all of their information back. Please tell me I heard right!!

Kelly.. when i lost my program the other day HO helped me locate the backup that my computer made itself, not the one i made. it's comforting to know it is there. i have a laptop with vista in it and it's not as compatible with some programs, P3 being one of them so i've been having more problems than some i think.

Great! I only use the PC downstairs when I have print! Laptop is upstairs with me! Thanks, Kelly!

I kee mine in a file cabinet b/c I have not been good at putting all the contact info in my computer. Since I have started P3 I put it all in but for some reason did not with PP. I think I am going to start getting rid of the ones on P3. My file cabinet is getting full. I need to manually go in and enter what I did not put in PP and then I would feel comfotable getting rid of them all.

I backup after every show that I enter. If I start throwing away, I will wait until the show has arrived and been delivered by the host to do so in case someone calls and I have ordered or they have written down the wrong thin on the order form I can go back to what they filled out.

jrstephens said:
I backup after every show that I enter. If I start throwing away, I will wait until the show has arrived and been delivered by the host to do so in case someone calls and I have ordered or they have written down the wrong thin on the order form I can go back to what they filled out.

THat's definitely smart. My first show, someone write in and paid for APPLE SLICER STAND then when they got the APPLE SLICER STAND they were upset because they ordered the APPLE SLICER... uh... NO YOU DIDNT! LOL. So then I ordered her the APPLE CORER PEELER SLICER and had it sent to her, i paid the shipping... then she gets that and calls me to say she didn't order that either.. she wanted the APPLE WEDGER. Are you kidding me? I finally went to her house, bought a catalog and said point to what you want. lol.

1. Can I throw away my show receipts after I enter them in my records?

Yes, once you have entered your show receipts into your records, you can toss them. Keeping digital or physical copies of your receipts is all you need for tax and business purposes.

2. How long should I keep my show receipts?

The general rule of thumb is to keep your show receipts for at least three years. This is the typical timeframe that the IRS allows for audits or tax inquiries. However, if you are unsure, it is always best to consult with a tax professional.

3. Do I need to keep every single show receipt?

No, you do not need to keep every single show receipt. It is only necessary to keep the receipts that pertain to your business expenses, such as supplies, travel, and meals. Be sure to keep these receipts organized and easily accessible for tax purposes.

4. Should I keep my show receipts if I use a company credit card?

Yes, it is still important to keep your show receipts even if you use a company credit card. While the credit card statement can serve as proof of purchase, it does not provide detailed information about the expense. Keeping the receipt allows you to track and categorize your expenses accurately.

5. Can I keep digital copies of my show receipts?

Yes, keeping digital copies of your show receipts is a great way to simplify your office paperwork. You can scan or take photos of your receipts and store them electronically. Just be sure to keep them organized and easily accessible in case of an audit or tax inquiry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Whit Meier
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tracy99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • Halle-Doodle