• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Micro Cake (Or Skillet Cake) for Show??

the one with the fresh pineapple wedges. I put them in the skillet before I start the demo and it just takes like 2 minutes or so to cook them and they are SO GOOD!
ChefJoyJ
I know there are dozens of threads for recipes for micro and skillet cakes, but my brain is somewhat fried, thanks to my 8 month old's 5am wake up call and subsequent very, very short naps today. :yuck: I received a call from a past host in response to my new newlsetter, and she wanted to book a show next Saturday (thanks Joy and tasty tidbits!!). :thumbup: When discussing menu ideas, I suggested the 10 minute pork tenderloin and either a micro cake or skillet cake. The theory being, "in the time it would take to order pizza, you can make a complete meal at home...including dessert!" She loved the idea, but now I need to decide which cake to do. I need to send her the menu/ingredient list soon, since the show is next week.

So...all you Cheffers...what are your favorite micro/skillet cakes for shows?

The Pineapple Upsidedown Cake in the fluted pan is always a hit. Of course, cutting the fresh pineapple with the the corer.:chef:

Beckycooks said:
The Pineapple Upsidedown Cake in the fluted pan is always a hit. Of course, cutting the fresh pineapple with the the corer.:chef:

Oooooh Becky, I am salivating just thinking about it - can you post the recipe
please?

I just made a yummy chocolate cake in the fluted pan. ALl I did was add 1 choc cake mix, 3 eggs and 16 oz of sour cream. Use the mix and scraper in the batter bowl until it is all mixed up. I sprayed the fluted pan with some oil in the kitchen spritzer and then coated the inside of the pan with the Mocha Hazlenut sprinkles. Pour in the cake mixture. THen mix some of the sprinkles into a can of chocolate frosting. USe the medium scoop to scoop mounds of the frosting onto the cake mixture around the circle. Bake in microwave for about 15 minutes turning every 3 min if no turntable. Let sit for 10 and then run a knife around the inside of the pan and out side. Put a plate over top and invert. If you have frosting leftover, you can mocrowave for about 30 seconds in a prep bowl and drizzle over the top of the cake. OMG! IT is chocolate heaven! Goes great with coffee! :)

I like the mob cake made in the deep covered baker in the microwave. Cake mix and pie filling all made in the deep covered baker.

I love doing micro cakes, and do a ton of them... but If I was making the pork in the micro already I would go with the skillet cake instead.

ShanaSmith said:
I love doing micro cakes, and do a ton of them... but If I was making the pork in the micro already I would go with the skillet cake instead.

That was my thought too...but my host loves micro cakes. And "selling the idea" that you can cook an entire meal w/o ever turning on the oven.

I did the Pineapple Upside Down Skillet cake on Friday at my show. Wow, it's good. I had forgotten to grab my 12" non-stick skillet (I only have the Professional version right now)....but I did have my 10" Stainless Steel skillet. I buttered it really well, and mixed the cake as instructed. I used all but about 1 cup of the batter - just in case it was too much, but I think I could have used it all and been fine since it's a pretty deep pan.

Pineapple upside down cake in the microwave/fluted stone or skillet/oven:

Topping (first)

1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) melted
1 cup brown sugar

Mix the two together, spread evenly in the bottom of the stoneware fluted pan (or skillet). Top with pineapple slices (used the Pineapple wedger and FRESH PINEAPPLE!) BIG HIT. Arrange the pineapple wedges together to form circles. Place 1 maraschino cherry in the middle of each one.

Cake:

1 pkg Yellow Cake mix OR Duncan Hines "Pineapple Upside Cake" mix
ingredients for cake.

Mix cake mix according to package directions (substituting the water with pineapple juice if using yellow cake). Pour over top of pineapple and brown sugar/butter mixture.

Microwave on high 10-12 minutes............
If cooking in Skillet, bake at 350 F in oven for 35-40 minutes. (I stick it in first, before starting demo.)

Flip out onto serving platter and enjoy the ooooohhhhss and aaaaaaahhhhhss!!!! AND, served warm, just melts in your mouth!!!!!

-usually buy the Duncan Hines pineapple upside down cake mix - really don't see a difference in that one versus a yellow cake mix if you are using the pineapple juice instead of water.

flip it within just a few minutes - never longer than 5. Like to let the brown sugar and butter run all over it.

my fav skillet cake is still the turtle fudge skillet cake. oh boy I can eat this every nite...lol

In the fluted pan I love the Kahlua Cake. In the family skillet the Pineapple Upside Down Cake.

I seconded the turtle fudge skillet cake, everyone always loves it.

The Chocolaye Cherry Skillet Cake recipe that comes with the Executive Family skillet is always a hit at my shows! Plus its lower in fat than other cakes because no oil is added and only egg whites are used. It never fails to enticie someone to book to get it half price.

What is the "Favorite Micro Cake (Or Skillet Cake) for Show" recipe?

The "Favorite Micro Cake (Or Skillet Cake) for Show" recipe is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that can be made in the microwave or in a skillet. It is a quick and easy dessert that is perfect for any gathering or party.

What ingredients do I need to make the "Favorite Micro Cake (Or Skillet Cake) for Show" recipe?

The ingredients for the "Favorite Micro Cake (Or Skillet Cake) for Show" recipe are 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, 1 egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. You will also need a microwave-safe dish or a skillet to cook the cake in.

Can I make any substitutions in the "Favorite Micro Cake (Or Skillet Cake) for Show" recipe?

Yes, you can make some substitutions in the "Favorite Micro Cake (Or Skillet Cake) for Show" recipe. You can use almond milk instead of regular milk, coconut oil instead of vegetable oil, and gluten-free flour instead of regular flour. However, these substitutions may alter the taste and texture of the cake.

How do I make the "Favorite Micro Cake (Or Skillet Cake) for Show" recipe in the microwave?

To make the "Favorite Micro Cake (Or Skillet Cake) for Show" recipe in the microwave, mix all the dry ingredients in a microwave-safe dish. Then, add the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool before serving.

How do I make the "Favorite Micro Cake (Or Skillet Cake) for Show" recipe in a skillet?

To make the "Favorite Micro Cake (Or Skillet Cake) for Show" recipe in a skillet, mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Then, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and pour the batter into the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Serve hot or let it cool before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB