• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing the Perfect Dessert for Your Show: Lava Cake vs Turtle Skillet Cake

In summary, the turtle skillet cake is a better choice for the show because it has a cookware component.
tinat51796
I have a show tomorrow night and the host wants either the lava cake or the turtle skillet cake. If i do the lava cake it will be in the batter bowl since I don't have the rice cooker. Which is a better "tada" for the show? thanks!

I would say the skillet cake. It shows off the stoneware as well as the other tools that you would use for the lava cake. When it turns out of the skillet and you wipe it out to show easy cleanup, that is a "ooh" moment!

Definitely the skillet - talk up that cookware! People are still amazed that you can put the cookware in the oven.

Skillet Cake. Too much can go wrong with a lava cake.

Skillet cake for sure!

I agree.:) :) I think you get the consensus here.:D

Love The Skillet Cake!!!!! Nothing Is A Better Booking Tool Then The Cookware!!

If you don't have the skillet, you can also do the same cake in the Fluted pan and can micro it. I did that one time for a show before I got the skillet. You just melt the chocolate/caramel mixture like the recipe states and pour over the top and add the pecans. Not as big a "tada" as the actual skillet, but I still get lots of raves for the microwave cakes.

Skillet cake with Strawberries to decorate the top like a flowerMy vote is the Skillet cake, and if you prefer, rather than the nuts on top,
slice strawberries with your egg slicer so that they resemble a heart shape,
and place them points to the outside edge, and create the picture of petals
on the cake. Fill in with several rows until you get to the center. It is a very pretty picture so near Valentine's Day. I had planned to attach a photo but could not find the icon for attachments. Hope I have described it well enough to help you visualize the pretty flower. My grandkids love to help me with the placement, and they eat the stubs that don't look like the heart shaped slices in the center of the strawberry. You set the point of the
strawberry pointing up in your slicer to get the heart slices.

DebbieJ said:
Skillet Cake. Too much can go wrong with a lava cake.

That's why I no longer do microwave cakes at my shows.

Skillet Cake all the way!:thumbup:

Thank you all for your input! I'm going to do the turtle skillet cake. I don't have the skillet yet (or the platter) but I'm borrowing them from my director. She's using them tonight for a show and then I'll get them from her and get them back on Thursday. I'm half tempted to make a test cake tonight after I get the plate but I don't want a whole cake here since it's just DH and me...I don't think my 15 month old son needs all that sugar! I'm just a little nervous about making it for the first time at a show. Plus the host is one of my best friends and coworker so lots of my coworkers will be there to see me if I flop. :(

1. What is the most popular product from Pampered Chef?

The most popular product from Pampered Chef is our Classic Batter Bowl. It is a versatile and durable kitchen tool that can be used for mixing, pouring, and storing ingredients.

2. Which product is best for cutting vegetables?

Our Cutco Vegetable Knife is highly recommended for cutting vegetables. It has a sharp, double-edged blade that makes cutting and slicing through vegetables effortless.

3. What is the best cookware set for beginners?

For beginners, we recommend our Non-Stick Cookware Set. It is made with high-quality materials and has a non-stick coating that makes cooking and cleaning a breeze.

4. Which product is best for baking?

Our Stoneware Baking Sheet is perfect for baking. It can withstand high temperatures and distributes heat evenly, resulting in perfectly baked goods every time.

5. Do you have any products that make meal prep easier?

Yes, we have a variety of products that make meal prep easier. Our Food Chopper and Manual Food Processor are both great options for quickly chopping and mincing ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lisa717
  • PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • Kelly8
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies