• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Brie Recipes & Tips for Thanksgiving

I am partial to the camembert.Re: Brie?!I'm partial to the brown sugar and dijon recipe. Easy, and very normal ingredients.
aksusan
I know I've seen several posts on the brie recipes on here - you are all such a wealth of knowledge. I haven't ever tried brie (eating or for a show) - my question is: Which one is your favorite? Which is the easiest to prepare? Any secret tips or tricks to share?

I'd like to try one on Thanksgiving.

TIA!

Re: Brie?!My favorite Brie recipe is the one with chopped apples and dried cranberries. I also like the Tangy pepper/apricot one.

Re: Brie?!Thanks! I'll look for those. :)

Re: Brie?!the pepper apricot one is yummy...use a round brie and keep it in the fridge until you're ready to use it, otherwise it will soften up and be hard/messy to cut in half.

enjoy!

Re: Brie?!My favorite is the brown sugar and dijon recipe. Easy, and very normal ingredients.

Re: Brie?!Apple cranberry! I'm making it tomorrow. It's cheap and shows off a lot of products.

Re: Brie?!I have an extremely dumb question to ask......Do you cut the rind off the brie or is it edible? I tried baking a brie on time with the rind on and it wasn't good, but I thought without it it would fall apart. Maybe I just don't like brie??? Thanks in Advance!

Re: Brie?!You can eat it. If I'm having it cold (in a sandwich with grapes, or cranberry sauce -yum!) I cut the rind off, but not everyone does.

For these cooking ones though you keep it on. Our UK instructions say layer them cut side up. I made the chilli & pecan one at a show this week. I was naughty and didn't try it our on DH first! It was great! Super easy and very impressive!

Re: Brie?!Our kids love it cut into small chunks wrapped in a small piece of crescent rolls & baked in the mini muffin cup

Re: Brie?!Thanks for the great tips! I'm definitely going to try it! :)

Re: Brie?!what is brie? never heard of it before PC

Re: Brie?!French soft cheese. You can also get camembert, much the same!

Re: Brie?!ahhh I LOVE cheese!

Re: Brie?!
candiejayne said:
ahhh I LOVE cheese!

And it's YUMMY!:love:

I loved the tangy peppery one from last winter, was it? YUM! I also want to try the cranberry apple one! And I've had it with Roasted garlic and honey I think it was or maybe it was brown sugar (non pc recipe). OH MY that was heavenly!

Re: Brie?!Where's that recipe for the cranberry apple one?Thanks :)

Re: Brie?!Baked Brie with Apples and Cranberries

(I bake on the large stone with handles)

Our Small Bar Pan keeps this classy appetizer warm, allowing guests to savor every bite. Prep time: 15 minutes Bake time: 12-15 minutes 1/2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium) 1/4 cup sliced natural almonds 1/4 cup dried cranberries 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar 1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon 1tablespoon butter or margarine, melted 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter) Canapé French Bread , toasted Preheat oven to 350°F. Coarsely chop apple with Food Chopper. Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in Small Batter Bowl; mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened. Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on Small Bar Pan. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread, apple wedges or assorted crackers. Yield: 8 servings Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 7 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber less than 1 g Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1/2 starch, 1 meat, 1 fat (1/2 carb) Variation: Baked Brie with Pesto & Mushrooms: Using Food Chopper, chop 4 ounces mushrooms (1 cup) and 1/2 cup seasoned croutons. In Small (8-in.) Sauté Pan, cook mushrooms in 2 teaspoons olive oil 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat; remove pan from heat. Add chopped croutons and 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto; mix gently. Assemble and bake Brie as recipe directs. Garnish with red bell pepper strips. Cook’s Tips: Brie is a French cheese known for its soft texture and downy, white rind. When preparing Brie, leave the rind on the cheese. The entire cheese is edible, including the rind. An 8-ounce wedge of Brie can be substituted for the round. Source: Pampered Chef

Re: Brie?!I am unfamiliar with Brie I must admit. Shame on me right? What with all these great sounding recipes going around. But.....when we lived in europe I became familiar with camembert and the cranberry dipping sauce they serve with it. LOVE IT! so now I'm going to have to try this recipe with the apples and cranberries.

Re: Brie?!I had never had brie until last year when I found this delicious recipe. At my show today I gave extra play $$ to those who had never had brie before.

Re: Brie?!
lockhartkitchen said:
(I bake on the large stone with handles)

I use the round stone too. This is the recipe for the Chilli Pecan Camembery from the UK SB. I don't know if it's the same as one of the US ones, but the bread slices around the cheese make it really pretty! My guests all loved it this week.

50 g pecan halves, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
1 fresh jalapeño chilli (or other fresh green chilli), seeded and finely chopped
70 g apricot jam (about 1/2 cup)
1 round (250 g) Camembert cheese (about 10-11 cm in diameter)
1/2 large French baguette (about 200-225 g total weight)
Olive oil, for spraying

Preheat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/Gas 5. Coarsely chop pecans on Cutting Board using Chef's Knife. Finely chop jalapeño using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, combine jalapeño and jam; mix well using Skinny Scraper.

Cut Camembert in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Camembert, cut-side up, onto Medium Round Stone. Spread half of the apricot jam mixture evenly over bottom half of Camembert using Small Spreader. Top with half of the pecans and the remaining half of Camembert, cut-side up. Spread remaining apricot jam mixture over Camembert; sprinkle with remaining pecans.

Using Bread Knife, cut baguette on a bias into twenty-four 5 mm-thick slices. Arrange baguette slices, slightly overlapping, around Camembert; lightly spray with olive oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until baguette slices are crisp and golden on top and Camembert begins to soften. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Yield: Serves 12
Per serving: Energy 674kJ/161kcal; Protein 6.2g; Carbohydrate 13.8g; Fat 9.4g; Saturated Fat 4.1g; Fibre 0.6g; Salt 0.6g

Cook's Tip: When preparing fresh chillies, wear disposable gloves, or wash your hands thoroughly after handling chillies, as the oil in chillies can irritate skin and eyes.

For a simple garnish, slice a jalapeño (or other fresh green chilli) in half lengthways using Petite Paring Knife. Brush cut surface with apricot jam. Place next to Camembert before baking.

Small rounds of Brie cheese can be substituted for the Camembert, if desired.
© The Pampered Chef—United Kingdom, Ltd.

Re: Brie?!Camembert? Does it look like brie? I've never heard of this cheese.

Re: Brie?!Yes that is basically the same recipe as the Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie. Camembert is very similar to Brie--looks the same, just tastes a little different.

Re: Brie?!Thanks guys. Definitely going to try the apple cranberry one. Sounds delish & perfect for Thanksgiving. :)

1. How do I make a classic baked brie for Thanksgiving?

To make a classic baked brie, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place a wheel of brie on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the brie is soft and gooey. Serve with crackers or bread for dipping.

2. Can I add toppings to my baked brie?

Yes, you can add toppings to your baked brie to create a more flavorful dish. Some popular toppings include honey, nuts, dried fruits, and herbs. Simply place the toppings on top of the brie before baking.

3. Can I use a different type of cheese for my baked brie?

Absolutely! While brie is a traditional choice for baked brie, you can experiment with other types of cheese such as camembert, goat cheese, or even blue cheese. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. How do I serve a cold brie for Thanksgiving?

To serve a cold brie for Thanksgiving, simply place the wheel of brie on a serving platter and let it come to room temperature before serving. You can also add toppings to the brie before serving, such as a fruit spread or fig jam.

5. Can I make a brie appetizer for a large crowd?

Yes, you can easily make a brie appetizer for a large crowd by using a larger wheel of brie or multiple smaller wheels. You can also cut the brie into smaller wedges to make it easier for guests to serve themselves. Just adjust the baking time accordingly for larger wheels of brie.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
muffetts
  • pampchefsarah
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • ChefPaulaB