• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Brie Recipe/Flavor Combo (From Sbrc)?

In summary, most people like the Brown Sugar/Dijon flavor best, but there are also other favorites. The Pepper Pecan is also a popular flavor.
ChefJoyJ
I was wondering what everyone's fave flavor combo for the brie is from the SBRC?? I haven't tried any and don't need that much brie around my house (to try all 3) before my mystery host appreciation party, but I want to make it. So...which one do you like the best?? Which would you recommend??

Thanks!! :)

I like the pepper pecan brie.:love:

Brown sugar/dijon. Easy and yummy.

The only one I've done is the brown sugar/dijon. Like Debbie said, it is super easy and yummy. I just did it tonight at my "show" (it was me and the host, my friend!). I'm always curious to try the pepper pecan, but worry that it might be too spicy for some people...

I'm not a huge fan of jalapenos...yes, I'm a wimp. I've only ever tried the Brown Sugar Dijon one...it rocks my world! I hear the Sundried Tomato/Pesto one is really good, too.

My favorite is a cranberry apple one, it is from the old Celebrate cookbook. But out of the new ones I tried both the jalepeno and the brown sugar dijon and the dijon won hands down.

DebbieJ said:
Brown sugar/dijon. Easy and yummy.

ditto that! Made it 3 times this weekend for open houses I did and there was none left. Plus I sold alot of large stone with handles :)

I had never had brie before, and I made the brown sugar dijon brie at my MIL's show loast November. Everyone loved it, myself included!

Beckycooks said:
I like the pepper pecan brie.:love:

Double YUM! :love:Although I need to try the older one with apple or cranberries!

Thanks for all the input so far. I was torn between the tangy pepper pecan brie and the dijon/brown sugar brie. Sounds as if more people like the dijon/brown sugar brie...as of right now. I hope more people weigh in.

I can't eat the brie right now, b/c I'm pregnant and brie is on the no-no list. :( :cry: I will probably snag a bite or two during the "party", but as for trying out both recipes and having DH eat all of it...not a good idea. I'd invite my foodie friend over, but she's on a low sugar diet due to PCOS, plus she just found out she's pregnant :D :thumbup: , so she can't eat either one too.

Oh well...keep the opinions coming and I'll probably just end up going with the majority vote. :)

Most brie today is pasteurized, so you can eat it.

Brown Sugar Dijon! Easy and normal ingredients, too.

DebbieJ said:
Most brie today is pasteurized, so you can eat it.

Oh good! It's on my docs no no list, but if most brie is pasteurized, then I should easily be able to find some and can try it out! Hooray...b/c it sounds super yummy!! :D

I vote (as does everyone at my party last week) for apple & cranberry brie

Good luck
Sandy

cincychef said:
My favorite is a cranberry apple one, it is from the old Celebrate cookbook. But out of the new ones I tried both the jalepeno and the brown sugar dijon and the dijon won hands down.

I'm doing the cranberry apple one this month. It's a great one to demo and people love it!

The pepper pecan one is not spicy, it tends to cook off...

PEPPER PECAN!!! Love it! If you want it mild, take out all the seeds and ribs of the jalapeno! (I like it spicy, so I leave it in :D)

I've only made the pepper pecan, but we all LOVED it!! I'm not a huge mustard fan, so I don't know that I'd like the Dijon, but it sounds like it is a favorite of many!! Good luck and let us know which one you go with.

Love both the Pepper Pecan and the Brown Sugar Dijon!
I'm going to look-up the Apple Cranberry one - hat sounds delish too.

The Brown Sugar Dijon is our favorite but we use pecans (lightly pre-toasted and chopped) instead of the almonds. I should try the other versions sometime but how could one improve on the perfection of the brown sugar dijon with pecans??​

Has no one made the sundried tomato/pesto version? It was in last year's Bites & Bevs. That's my absolute fave, with Pepper pecan 2nd and the Brown Sugar/Dijon a close 3rd.

Did the Pepper Pecan at my last show and everyone went nuts for it. We ended up doing 2 smaller bries (that's all the host could find) and with only about 5 - 6 ladies there, it was all eaten up! Had to break out more bread!

Don't have the cranberry/apple recipe - anyone care to share?

Have a great rest of the week!

What is the best way to serve brie cheese?

The best way to serve brie cheese is at room temperature. This allows the cheese to soften and release its full flavor.

What flavors pair well with brie cheese?

Brie cheese pairs well with a variety of flavors, such as fruits like apples, pears, and figs, as well as nuts, honey, and balsamic vinegar.

Can I melt brie cheese?

Yes, brie cheese can be melted in the oven, on the stovetop, or in a microwave. It is often used in recipes for warm brie dips or melted on top of bread or crackers.

What is the best way to store brie cheese?

Brie cheese should be stored in the refrigerator wrapped in parchment or wax paper to allow for air circulation. It should be consumed within 1-2 weeks of purchase for optimal freshness.

Can I use brie cheese in a cold dish?

Yes, brie cheese can be used in cold dishes such as salads or sandwiches. It is best to cut the cheese into small pieces and serve it at room temperature for maximum flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Tracy99
  • aksusan
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
aksusan
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies