• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Experience With the Honey-Apple Brie Bites??

In summary, the customer tried a brie recipe that was not very involved and found it to be bland. The customer's favorite brie recipe is the tangy pepper-pecan brie. The customer recommends using the pre-made phyllo shells and suggests that the customer buy the wrong pastry.
Mel92504
Gold Member
I have a customer who requested a brie recipe....saw this one that didn't look too involved. I'd love to hear some input from anyone who's tried it and/or demoed it.

It's been since April since I've had my last live show...so I want to be sure not to have chosen a recipe that's over my head ;)

TIA!
~Mel

I tried the honey-apple brie recipe and found it to be bland.

My favorite brie recipe is the tangy pepper-pecan brie. So easy - shows off the stone (round or large bar pan). But I usually make it without the jalapeno because not everyone likes it hot. You can also tell your guests to substitute our raspberry habanero sauce for the apricot jam. Would rather show off a stone in my demo than the mini muffin pan.

sorry can't post recipe - off to a show but sure if you want it, someone has it. good luck.

It really depends on your apples. My family LOVES this recipe. If you find it a little bland you might try sprinkling a bit of Cinnamon Plus on top.

Brown Sugar Dijon Brie is my favorite. Here are the recipes that you can find on CC under Season's Best FW 2007.

I've also found a great way to serve up the Raspberry Habanero sauce on Brie. I get a Brie log and cut thin slices from it. Get some plain crackers about the size of the Brie log and put the Brie slices on the crackers. Then I place a tiny bit of the sauce on the Brie. You can serve it warmed in the microwave or not. Love it!

Tangy Pepper-Pecan Brie
-----------------------

Ingredients:
1/2 cup pecan halves

1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed and seeded

1/4 cup apricot preserves

1 4-inch round (8 ounces) Brie cheese with rind, room temperature

1 loaf (16 ounces) French baguette

Vegetable oil

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coarsely chop pecans using Chef's Knife. Chop jalapeño using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, combine jalapeño and preserves; mix well using Skinny Scraper.

2. Cut Brie in half horizontally using Utility Knife. Place one half of Brie, cut side up, onto center of Large Round Stone with Handles. Spread half of the apricot mixture evenly over bottom half of Brie using Small Spreader. Top with half of the pecans and remaining half of Brie, cut side up. Spread remaining apricot mixture over Brie; sprinkle with remaining pecans.

3. Using Bread Knife, cut baguette on a bias into twenty-four 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange baguette slices around Brie; spray with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 8-10 minutes or until baguette slices are golden brown and Brie begins to soften. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve using Bamboo Spreader.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 400 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: Wear plastic gloves when working with jalapeño peppers. The juice from the peppers can create a burning sensation on the skin.

For a simple garnish, slice a jalapeño pepper in half lengthwise using Petite Paring Knife. Brush cut surface with apricot jam. Place next to Brie before baking.

This recipe can also be prepared on the Large Bar Pan, if desired.

Camembert cheese can be substituted for the Brie, if desired.

Variations: Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Brie: Substitute 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, patted dry and chopped for the apricot preserves. Substitute 1 tablespoon prepared basil pesto for the jalapeño pepper and 1/4 cup pine nuts for the pecans. Proceed as recipe directs.

Nutrients per serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 420 mg, Fiber 2 g

Brown Sugar Dijon Brie: Substitute 1/2 cup brown sugar for the apricot preserves, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard for the jalapeño pepper and 1/2 cup sliced almonds for the pecans. Reserve 1/4 cup of the almonds. Chop remaining almonds; combine brown sugar, chopped almonds and mustard. Assemble as directed in Step 2; top with reserved almonds. Proceed as recipe directs.

Nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 430 mg, Fiber 2 g

I made them, none of us were impressed and they were a pain in the butt. Probably because she bought the wrong pastry. Scroll down to the bottom to see other threads about this recipe.

Oh, and I ALWAYS use the pre-made phyllo shells. ALWAYS.

1. How do I make the Honey-Apple Brie Bites?

To make these delicious appetizers, start by preheating your oven to 375°F. Cut a wheel of brie cheese into bite-sized pieces and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top each piece of cheese with a thin slice of apple and a drizzle of honey. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve warm with crackers or bread.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of soft cheese that you prefer, such as camembert or goat cheese. However, brie works best for this recipe as it has a creamy texture and mild flavor that pairs well with the honey and apple.

3. Do I need to peel the apples before adding them to the brie bites?

No, you do not need to peel the apples. The skin adds a nice texture and flavor to the bites. Just make sure to wash and dry the apples before slicing them.

4. Can I make these ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the brie bites ahead of time and refrigerate them until ready to bake. You may need to add a couple of extra minutes to the baking time if they are cold from the fridge. You can also bake the bites ahead of time and reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving.

5. What are some variations I can try with this recipe?

For a savory twist, you can add a sprinkle of chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme or rosemary, on top of the brie bites before baking. Another option is to top the bites with a slice of prosciutto or cooked bacon for added flavor. You can also experiment with different types of fruit, such as pears or figs, instead of apples.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kimodchef