• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oddest Experience at a Demo Show: Submission and Permission Needed

In summary, the hostess had 6-7 recipes for a potluck and the guests showed up and one of the guests was pregnant and the other guests were talking about her recent wedding. The pregnant guest asked how the other guest was doing with submission and the other guests were talking about how they needed their husband's permission to buy anything from the catalog. The pregnant guest and the hostess talked about submission and then the pregnant guest left.
jwpamp said:
Oh, where oh where is KG????

Probably finding the story of Ehud in the Bible (where the left-handed man stabbed the fat guy.)

Well, aside from the religous part... Come on ladies, sometimes it can be fun to be submissive:D If you catch my drift. But then again, that may be why my two children are close together in age...;) hehe
Just trying to lighten things up

"My husband has so many bad laundry stories...one time while living with a bunch of guys, he lost the box of dryer sheets so decided to dry his clothes without them...turns out the whole box was in the dryer and no one could go by him for a month with all that fabric softener.

Second one is after we got engaged, I found an apartment up north where we were going to live and left my apt. in Racine and moved in with my parents for the last 4 months to save $. Anyway, I went to go up north and visit and asked if he needed anything...he said no...I said how about some more laundry detergent...he said "which bottle is that" I said, "the light blue bottle next to the dark blue bottle on the floor in the pantry". He said, "dark blue bottle, where? I've been using the light blue bottle to wash clothes." He was washing his clothes in Snuggle fabric softener for 3 months straight! Needless to say, that's how laundry became mine...

If I go out of town for work or something though, he will step in and do laundry...VERY CAREFULLY!"

Mine aren't that bad, but I have had the red sock in white laundry, too little or too much laundry soap, wrong temp water, shrunken clothing, you get the picture.

Is it bad that I turned all my son's white socks, wash clothes, & burp clothes green yesterday?? No, not pink- green, which is good b/c DH wouldn't appreciate DS wearing pink socks

mbh06 said:
Is it bad that I turned all my son's white socks, wash clothes, & burp clothes green yesterday?? No, not pink- green, which is good b/c DH wouldn't appreciate DS wearing pink socks

GREEN! Now that's a new one. I've only ever turned things pink!!! :D

Well, I have a ring sling carrier for DS and It is new, didn't realize that it would do that either!!

Wash your items with some vinegar in the load the first time around and the colors will set in and not bleed the next time. It also is good to put some in to take out odors...such as urine smell when the kids are potty training....oh wait, that's the other thread! :)

Hey, this is fun! Let's see where we go from here! LOL!!

mbh06 said:
Well, aside from the religous part... Come on ladies, sometimes it can be fun to be submissive:D If you catch my drift. But then again, that may be why my two children are close together in age...;) hehe

Bahahahahaa!!

Well said Janet and Debbie. I loved the definition that you two gave of submission. I don't believe that there is anything wrong with discussing religious beliefs on this website. I think that we can all put on our big girl panties and take it. I believe that you either believe what the Bible teaches or you don't. Ephesians 5:22-32 discuss the relationship that a husband and wife are to have. I quote, "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church,his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything." I don't believe that I am weird or strange because I submit to my husband. I definitely love to submit to him in many things. You see, I married a man that I know will take care of me and will always look for my best interest. I think people see the word submissive and they immediately think weak. I see the word submissive and I think of our Lord and Savior Jesus. Weak is definitely NOT a word I would use to describe Jesus. He submitted to his Father our LORD. Jesus did the dirty work, and he is not any less of a man for it.

Eventually with science we can!

PCJen said:
ChefBurke said:
why doesn;t the Man OBEY his wife or BOW down when we are the source of life! We bring life into this world-Man cannot!!! QUOTE]

We may bring life into this world but not without our man.

Tara I agree with you. And I also agree with Carolyn to DROP the Religious Talk!

Tara1021 said:
Ladies! I didn't mean to get into a religious discussion! :eek:

It was just something that was odd to me. I'm not a go to church kinda girl. It was just quite different than the way I was brought up and in my current beliefs. My hubby and I are 50/50 with things and I don't ask permission to spend money. We have an agreement that if it is going to me more than 100 bucks we'll discuss it first (well usually). That kinda came into being when I bought a car (total misunderstanding...he thought I said one thing when I really said the other) without him. We have separate bank accounts that are linked b/c he is self employed and it's just easier that way.

:eek: Anyway....hope i didnt' ruffle toooo many feathers with this thread!:eek:

I agree with dropping religion part- I am sorry if offended anyone but this isnt a religious thread & we shouldn't quote scripture.It may offend others so i think we should not.

ChefBurke said:
I agree with dropping religion part- I am sorry if offended anyone but this isnt a religious thread & we shouldn't quote scripture.It may offend others so i think we should not.

My goodness I think you have ESP you totally read my mind, THANKS.

Oh boy! I opened a can of worms!!! :eek:

Anyway, thanks for the great discussion ladies. I'll keep you posted about the outcome of the show. :eek:

Tara1021 said:
Oh boy! I opened a can of worms!!! :eek:

Anyway, thanks for the great discussion ladies. I'll keep you posted about the outcome of the show. :eek:

Good luck I hope you get a ton of outside orders, you can never tell. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

KimberleePowell said:
Well said Janet and Debbie. I loved the definition that you two gave of submission. I don't believe that there is anything wrong with discussing religious beliefs on this website. I think that we can all put on our big girl panties and take it. I believe that you either believe what the Bible teaches or you don't. Ephesians 5:22-32 discuss the relationship that a husband and wife are to have. I quote, "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church,his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything."

I don't believe that I am weird or strange because I submit to my husband. I definitely love to submit to him in many things. You see, I married a man that I know will take care of me and will always look for my best interest. I think people see the word submissive and they immediately think weak. I see the word submissive and I think of our Lord and Savior Jesus. Weak is definitely NOT a word I would use to describe Jesus. He submitted to his Father our LORD. Jesus did the dirty work, and he is not any less of a man for it.

AMEN!!! Thanks for sharing. I was just getting ready to share where we could find this in the Bible, but you beat me to it.
So many things are twisted around these days. So when we hear all the different opinions on a topic like this, I feel it is always best to go look it up ourselves to be sure. Then you can make up our own mind on how you can take it and use it in your life.

Last edited:
KimberleePowell said:
Well said Janet and Debbie. I loved the definition that you two gave of submission. I don't believe that there is anything wrong with discussing religious beliefs on this website. I think that we can all put on our big girl panties and take it. I believe that you either believe what the Bible teaches or you don't. Ephesians 5:22-32 discuss the relationship that a husband and wife are to have. I quote, "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church,his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything."

I don't believe that I am weird or strange because I submit to my husband. I definitely love to submit to him in many things. You see, I married a man that I know will take care of me and will always look for my best interest. I think people see the word submissive and they immediately think weak. I see the word submissive and I think of our Lord and Savior Jesus. Weak is definitely NOT a word I would use to describe Jesus. He submitted to his Father our LORD. Jesus did the dirty work, and he is not any less of a man for it.

I don't remember the verse but it also says that just as wives are to submit to their husbands, husbands are to submit to thier wives. I know my exact wording may be off but it does explain that it is to work both ways though the man is the spiritual head of the household and will ultimately be accountable to God in that role.

PCJen said:
AMEN!!! Thanks for sharing. I was just getting ready to share where we could find this in the Bible, but you beat me to it.
So many things are twisted around these days. So when we hear all the different opinions on a topic like this, I feel it is always best to go look it up ourselves to be sure. Then you can make up our own mind on how you can take it and use it in your life.

I completely agree with this! Everyone is DEFINITELY entitled to their own opinion and decisions. However, sometimes we make those decisions without full knowledge or understanding. Just the way we work, human nature.

Personally, I think it's interesting to hear all the different takes on it. Especially since at one time in my life I would have been saying that there is NO WAY I'll EVER be a sumbissive woman OR wife! :)

But, I'm also fine with just letting it go. OK, I'll shut up now. :D

mbh06 said:

Better yet, in this case HE can always be the submissive one. RAWR :) :eek:

On the serious side. I think every host that you will meet in this business is going to be a little if not completely different than the others. Just respect that and be thankful they came to you as their consultant.. :D Ta'Da! :D

wow i thought we agreed to drop it..yet the religious talk still continues. I think we should CHANGE the subject!! Lets talk about NON-RELIGIOUS Weirdest show!!!!! i have a funny one where i go to the hosts home,no one is there yet & she had a beautiful home-it was cole & fireplace was one & all of a sudden- house is filled with SMOKE!!!! she has the firplace thingy closed so smoke backed up EVERYWHERE!!!! thank god she finally fixed it while the alarm was going off from about 20min straight!!

I'd be sure that the next show includes the husbands. It's hard to sell cookware when she's telling him how much it costs. Much easier if he's at the show, you can sell HIM on it and he will be the one wanting to spend the money.

Also, bookings will be definate- there'll be no need to cancel because the husband doesn't want a show at the house if he's part of the decision to book a show.

Did I tell you guys about the show where I forgot my stone to bake the Apple Almond Pastry? At the time, I was taking the Roaster with Rack to all shows and told them I'd cook it in there to show how veritile it was! It worked like a charm!!!!

I had a friend who had the host's dog vomit right in front of her demo table.....anyone top that one? hahaha GROSS!

Or the time when I OVERBAKED the Cherry Cheesecake Ring....I explained to the crowd that I was simply showing them that if it's overdone on the bottom, it's overdone on the top!;)

Oh, recruited the host at that one, too!:D

DizziePixie said:
Did I tell you guys about the show where I forgot my stone to bake the Apple Almond Pastry? At the time, I was taking the Roaster with Rack to all shows and told them I'd cook it in there to show how veritile it was! It worked like a charm!!!!

I had a friend who had the host's dog vomit right in front of her demo table.....anyone top that one? hahaha GROSS!

I did an open house and my dog went under the table where I had all my food out and vomited and not just a little vomit but a mega mega vomit. I was just wonderful:(

jwpamp said:
Or the time when I OVERBAKED the Cherry Cheesecake Ring....I explained to the crowd that I was simply showing them that if it's overdone on the bottom, it's overdone on the top!;)

Oh, recruited the host at that one, too!:D

OOOHHH....where's the recipe for that one??? It sounds awesome!!!

I once left my tool turnabout and all of my tools. I had to make do with what they had in the kitchen at the church. It was a fund raiser no less. Oh well, that's why the front of the apron says pampered not perfect.

Oh I have a good one! Yesterday I made the Slap Your Mama Margaritas for the first time. Well you know it calls for a 2 liter bottle of 7Up in the QSP.

I got to plunging away and soon it started foaming out EVERYWHERE! Fortunately it was just the host and her mom there, and the host was in the other room, so I gave mom a great laugh!

Tara1021 said:
OOOHHH....where's the recipe for that one??? It sounds awesome!!!

http://www.joycesfinecooking.com/Recipes3/cherry_cheese_ring.htm

Thanks! i'll have to try that!

Well...i closed the show. It ended up being 328 in comm. sales. grrr. got one booking from the neighbor. I"m waiting on the checks for the outside orders before I submit it. thanks for all the well wishes!

i have found that when women take it home they usually buy more because the guys see the cool things that they want as well! at least you'll sell an ice cream scoop!!! lol

<h2>1. What was the oddest experience at your demo show?</h2><p>The oddest experience at my demo show was when the hostess was very softspoken and I had to drag a decision out of her regarding recipes. This set the tone for the rest of the show.</p><h2>2. How many people were expected at the show?</h2><p>The hostess said that 6 or 7 people were expected at the show, which is an average number.</p><h2>3. What was the conversation about at the show?</h2><p>The conversation at the show was about church and the hostess's daughter's recent wedding. It was revealed that the daughter was pregnant and the conversation shifted to discussing submission to her new husband.</p><h2>4. Did you encounter any unusual requests from the attendees?</h2><p>Yes, four of the attendees asked to take a catalog because they needed to get their husband's permission before making a purchase. This was an unusual request that I had to handle delicately.</p><h2>5. Have you had a similar experience at another demo show?</h2><p>No, this was the first time I encountered such a situation at a demo show. I was taken aback, but I remained professional and focused on the demo.</p>

Related to Oddest Experience at a Demo Show: Submission and Permission Needed

1. What was the oddest experience at your demo show?

The oddest experience at my demo show was when the hostess was very softspoken and I had to drag a decision out of her regarding recipes. This set the tone for the rest of the show.

2. How many people were expected at the show?

The hostess said that 6 or 7 people were expected at the show, which is an average number.

3. What was the conversation about at the show?

The conversation at the show was about church and the hostess's daughter's recent wedding. It was revealed that the daughter was pregnant and the conversation shifted to discussing submission to her new husband.

4. Did you encounter any unusual requests from the attendees?

Yes, four of the attendees asked to take a catalog because they needed to get their husband's permission before making a purchase. This was an unusual request that I had to handle delicately.

5. Have you had a similar experience at another demo show?

No, this was the first time I encountered such a situation at a demo show. I was taken aback, but I remained professional and focused on the demo.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JenniK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LisaStockdale
  • melissakc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • TheFreddiesCook