• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas and Tips for a No-Demo Show

In summary, some hosts are asking for a shorter show with no demo. Wadinggirl does a similar show where the recipe is all prepped and ready to eat when guests arrive.
stefani2
I have heard of others NOT doing a Cooking Show, and doing a No-Demo Show instead. A lot of my Hosts are asking for a SHORTER show WITH NO DEMO. I tried it last night - and found it still a bit too long. I added the Left/Right Game (which was TONS of fun), and had 2 questions written down on index cards for 2 guests to ask me (one about Hosting, and one about Signing Up) - but are there ANY OTHER suggestions to make it fun, informative, and shorter in length?

If any of you do No-Demo Shows, are you Show Sales lower?

Have you tried one of the new interactive show formats? They're supposed to help make things go faster. I personally don't do games and I'm working on keeping my talking to a minimum while still getting in product info, the opportunity and booking bites. I think a no-demo or short demo recipe would be great. Bring a trifle that's already made... or salad... or either one of those would be great for the interactive thing... they come together in no time. Or get some of our recipe cards, bring the recipe already made, pass out the recipes so folks have it if they want to try it and they know how you made it and then go from there...

Before the interactive shows that's all I did and I'm thinking about going back to it. I got to the host's house about an hour early, cooked, cleaned the products and set up. Then during the show, I started with my introduction and story, guest introductions, then I cover the 4 main groups of products (stoneware, cookware, cutlery and simple addition), then I cover any new products. Then I do my host talk and recruiting talk and door prizes. That's it. They can eat, shop, look at the products and check out. I really liked this format but I like cooking in front of them too. I'm torn.

I actually do a similar idea to wadegirl - but my recipe is all prepped when guests arrive - I go over the recipe quick - which products I used and their benefits and stick the food in the oven - I then go into stoneware, cookware and cutlery - then its a few others.. food is served, I am packed up and I take orders - my show from start to finish is about 35 minutes and I am out the door in about 1 hours - (but then again - I talk fast!! LOL)

do you prepare the recipe at home or at the host's before the show?

I bring half the ingredients and the host supplys the other half - (I give her a list) - I set up and then put the recipe together - its all ready to be cooked as soon as guests arrive - I arrive 45 minutes before show time -

sounds like something I might like to try.
Thanks for sharing

You are very welcome!! Just remember its all trial and error at times - try something - see how it works for you - and either go with it or move on to the next idea - switch it up - makes it fun for you and the guests!!

I plan on trying the same idea but I want to have the recipe completed and ready to eat when the guests arrive. Then as the guests are eating I can talk about the items on my display, go over the specials, play a game and then it's shopping time! Afterwards is check out and pack up. Does anyone else have the recipe ready to eat and enjoy when the guests arrive??

what I doIt depends on my day (running a dayhome), sometimes I make the recipe (usually a dip and/or trifle) ahead of time and sometimes I make it at the Host's house.

I want to talk about ALL the products - I need to sit down and only talk about a few others after introducing the 4 big collections.

I think I am going to bring a timer with me next show! I want to REALLY cut down my show length.

pampered2007 said:
I plan on trying the same idea but I want to have the recipe completed and ready to eat when the guests arrive. Then as the guests are eating I can talk about the items on my display, go over the specials, play a game and then it's shopping time! Afterwards is check out and pack up. Does anyone else have the recipe ready to eat and enjoy when the guests arrive??

The only glitch so to speak is that if guests are late - and its a hot recipe - it can be cold - I like to show how easy it is and stress the ease - so I go over the basics and throw it in the oven - the smell alone sells my stuff - besides the awesome taste and products -

what ones do I talk about?Which products do people talk about (beside the big 4)?

I make it all at my host's house. Unless I have to prebake the crust.

I usually talk about what ever fits my fancy for the night! Most of the time, I try to hit the popular ones (food chopper, garlic press), the new ones (coll. bowl, pinch bowls, grill basket). I always talk about the host and guests specials too. Not just what they are but go over the great benefits of the products. When I do my cookware talk, I go into our silicone products and bamboo. When I do the stoneware talk, I go into the stoneware cookbook. When I do the knives talk, I go into the cutting boards. I usually just talk about what ever I have time to talk about.

I've been doing a Walk through the Catalog Show for about two years. Go to this thread for my outline and answers to the most-asked questions. PM or email me if you have any additional questions.http://www.chefsuccess.com/f12/questions-rae-about-your-show-16925/I don't consider this type of show no demo, since I spend a good deal of time talking about the products. However, I don't make a recipe. For truly no demo shows I do an open house (where people come & go and I simply take orders) or a Yak N Snack (where I spend only 10-20 minutes explaining the current special and how to order).

I have done 3 no demo shows in the past 8 months and they have all been great, with sales over $1000. The 1st show, the host had a home base business party, with me, Tupperware, PL, Longaberger and Sensaria. She orginally didn't want to book me, as she thought she had to many. I just very confidently said, I will get you over a $1000 in sales, that means A LOT of free stuff for you.

She bought all the ingredients and I prepared all the food at my house, and then I was assigned the kitchen. She had about 50 people come through in about 2 hours, but of course not all 50 bought from me.

My other two no demo shows the host made all the food beforehand, and I just talked about the new products. The 1st host had 20 and the 2nd host had about 15. Both of their guest said that they like it better when I just showcased the new items and talked about some of the oldies but goodies as they have been buying PC for years and really just want to get together with friends.

For me, no demo shows have been really succesful, but I do have some host who still insist on 2 demos (though I really try to do just one).

What is a no-demo show?

A no-demo show is a Pampered Chef party where the consultant does not physically demonstrate any products. Instead, they share ideas and tips for using Pampered Chef products in everyday cooking and entertaining.

How can I make my no-demo show engaging and interactive?

There are many ways to make a no-demo show interactive and engaging. Some ideas include hosting a virtual cooking game or quiz, encouraging guests to share their own favorite recipes and tips, and incorporating fun polls or surveys throughout the party.

What types of recipes and tips should I share at a no-demo show?

It's best to choose recipes and tips that are simple, easy to follow, and use common ingredients. You can also ask your guests for suggestions and incorporate their favorite recipes into the party.

Can I still sell products at a no-demo show?

Yes, you can still sell products at a no-demo show. While you may not physically demonstrate the products, you can still showcase them and highlight their features and benefits during the party. You can also offer special discounts or promotions to encourage guests to make purchases.

What are some tips for hosting a successful no-demo show?

Some tips for hosting a successful no-demo show include promoting the party to your network, preparing a clear and organized presentation, engaging with your guests and making them feel involved, and following up with potential customers after the party to encourage sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JenniK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies