• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help Needed Making Honey Apple Brie Bites: Mini Phyllo Shells

In summary, to make honey apple brie bites, preheat the oven to 375°F and fill mini phyllo shells with brie cheese, apple slices, and honey. Bake for 10-12 minutes and serve warm. You can use a different type of cheese, leave the apples unpeeled, and make them ahead of time or freeze them.
frozenchef
Gold Member
Hey there-
I was planning on making the Honey Apple Brie Bites for Christmas but I can't find the pre-made mini phyllo shells anywhere - only phyllo dough.
So any hints on how to get these shells made?
Do I just take a few sheets cut them up to fit a few layers in the mini muffin pan and then bake 'em for a bit? Or should I wait and put the filling in and then bake 'em?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Don't do it! I had a host buy the phyllo sheets instead of the phyllo shells which can't be found ANYWHERE here in Ontario and it was a nightmare. She was a baker (supposedly) and cut and layered EIGHT layers, buttered each layer and placed in mini muffin pan and we added the filling and baked all at once. They turned out but looked horrible and were nothing to write home about.

I'd suggest either alot less layers, using the regular stoneware muffin pan instead or just using mini tart shells like my director does - she says they turn out great!

Good luck!

Thanks Jodi - where in the grocery store do you find mini tart shells?

you can use wonton shells too dust them with sugar the just bake

chef131doreen said:
you can use wonton shells too dust them with sugar the just bake

Mmmmm, I bet these would be yummy! Thanks for the idea Doreen :)

frozenchef said:
Thanks Jodi - where in the grocery store do you find mini tart shells?

In the frozen section with the frozen pie shells. Good luck :)

1. How do I make the honey apple brie bites using mini phyllo shells?

To make the honey apple brie bites, first preheat your oven to 375°F. Then, take the mini phyllo shells and fill each one with a small piece of brie cheese. Top the cheese with a slice of apple and drizzle honey over each bite. Place the bites on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the shells are golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!

2. Can I use a different type of cheese for these honey apple brie bites?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese if you prefer. Some good options include goat cheese, blue cheese, or cream cheese. Just make sure to use a soft cheese that will melt easily in the oven.

3. Do I need to peel the apples before using them in the honey apple brie bites?

No, you do not need to peel the apples. The skin adds a nice texture and flavor to the bites. However, if you prefer a smoother texture, you can peel the apples before slicing them.

4. Can I make these honey apple brie bites ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these bites ahead of time. After assembling them, cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap and store them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time if the bites are chilled.

5. Can I freeze these honey apple brie bites?

Yes, these bites can be frozen before or after baking. If freezing before baking, assemble the bites and place them on a baking sheet in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag. When ready to bake, simply place them on a baking sheet and add a few extra minutes to the baking time. If freezing after baking, let the bites cool completely before storing them in an airtight container in the freezer. To reheat, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 5-7 minutes, or until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • Smashie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heather9892
  • pamperedbecky