• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fall Preview Open House - Ideas to Make it Fun?”

In summary, Becky is having an open house next week for the Fall Preview. She is having trouble thinking of what to do to keep things fun and moving along, and is looking for advice. She is using a Bingo game as an event format that is drawing in people and she is also demoing her new products. Her most successful open house was this past spring when she bought an inexpensive Bingo game and made almost $100 from it.
WendyLou
I am having an open house next week for the Fall Preview. It is going to be a Come and Go type thing. The problem is, I'm having trouble thinking of what to do to keep things fun and moving along. I don't want to start some big long presentation if some people were only planning to stay for a little while and the people that come later will have missed the front of it. I need to know what you all do to make it fun and get people really interested in the products.

Thanks!!

What I did last night (and this was how I advertised it) was that they were coming over to help me open up the boxes of products. It was like opening a whole bunch of presents AND I didn't have to do it myself!

Did you do any recipes? Did you talk about anything? Like go over the products as you opened the packages?

How I usually do mine - I have the food ready and displayed when they arrive, and greet them as they come in and have them help themselves to food and drinks. I hand out guest folders, with the going going gone info, and an order form and catalog. I have tables set up with Booking and Recruiting Info - and I point those out so people can look at them. I do drawings at different times throughout the evening - giving away product that I have been stocking up over the year. Then, once everyone has gotten something to eat, I do the "Unveiling". I have a table full of new products - w/ a tablecloth over them - so no peeking until it's all unveiled!

Then everyone can mill around the new products table and check things out - and I mingle and chat until people are ready to check out and book their shows!

Oh - and I always do mine as a Host Appreciation - just hosts and their guests!

Everyone gets a survey form to rate the new recipes that we tried - and to tell me which Theme Shows sound like the most fun to them. I usually try to have 6 new recipes for them to try - 3 savory, and 3 dessert. I'm thinking this year I'll do a Brie, and the Nachos, and BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches, and then the Chocolate Cookie Trifle, The Truffle Brownie Cups, and the Double Chocolate Dip. Oh, and the Cran-Raspberry Fizz.

Becky that sounds like such a great idea! I really like that! I will have to do the rate the new recipes thing... I would do the tablecloth, but I am doing mine as an open house this season, so so much for that... maybe for spring though...

GourmetGirl said:
Becky that sounds like such a great idea! I really like that! I will have to do the rate the new recipes thing... I would do the tablecloth, but I am doing mine as an open house this season, so so much for that... maybe for spring though...

Alison,

Here is the form I use - I got it from here, and of course tweaked it for myself........I can't find the one I did for Spring - where I added the theme show question - hope I saved it!

My Host Appreciation Show is usually a big event for me - w/ 20-25 people there, and usually between 8-12 bookings, and $500-$700 in sales. It's always fun!

Attachments

• Show Survey.doc
    22 KB · Views: 272
My most successful Open House was this spring. I bought an inexpensive Bingo game from Target and we played Bingo for retired products. My husband thinks my overflow shelves are too full. The first sheet (2 games to a sheet) is free and each additional sheet is $5. At first I didn't think people would go for spending the money, but we made almost $100 just from the Bingo. I did about 6 recipes and a demo. I demoed the Lime Berry trifle. I split the new product unveiling up between rounds of Bingo. Everyone LOVED it. I was a little shocked by how much they all enjoyed it. I know some are looking forward to the Bingo format again. I was thinking of changing things up a bit, but am unsure as to how or what I want to do.

I may keep this format for this season and change things up in the spring. I like the come and go format, but I wonder about being able to spend time with everyone and waiting around all day for people to show up. My previous come and gos weren't that great. Actually it was quite sad. People would tell me they were coming then would never show up. I think it is because they tell themselves they don't have to commit because they will fit it in then never do.

Chef Kearns said:
I may keep this format for this season and change things up in the spring. I like the come and go format, but I wonder about being able to spend time with everyone and waiting around all day for people to show up. My previous come and gos weren't that great. Actually it was quite sad. People would tell me they were coming then would never show up. I think it is because they tell themselves they don't have to commit because they will fit it in then never do.

When I have tried to do an Open House - they have never been good. When I do the "Host Appreciation" - my attendance is 4x's that of an Open House - and there is alot more excitement, which equals more sales, and more bookings! (Last open house I did - I had 10 rsvps, and 5 actually show up!:cry: )

I am planning on starting Host Appreciation; however, I don't feel as though I have had enough hosts yet. Especially based on our invite 40 get 5-10 recipe. I am hoping to start this by next fall. Love your ideas, Becky!

What is Double Chocolate Dip?

JAE said:
What is Double Chocolate Dip?
It's in the new Season's best and I have made it twice already! It is so good! Especially with the homemade cinnamon chips!!!

I haven't even noticed it. There's so much chocolate to choose from that I missed it. I'll look later.

1. What is a Fall Preview Open House?

A Fall Preview Open House is an event hosted by Pampered Chef to showcase our new products and fall-themed recipes. It's a great opportunity to get together with friends and family and learn about our latest kitchen tools and gadgets.

2. How can I make my Fall Preview Open House fun?

There are many ways to make your Fall Preview Open House fun! You can have a theme, such as a pumpkin spice or apple cider theme, and decorate accordingly. You can also plan fun activities, like a recipe demo or a cooking competition. Don't forget to have some fall-inspired snacks and drinks on hand!

3. Can I invite people who are not familiar with Pampered Chef to the Fall Preview Open House?

Absolutely! The Fall Preview Open House is a great opportunity to introduce new people to Pampered Chef and our products. They can see firsthand how our kitchen tools can make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

4. Do I need to purchase anything at the Fall Preview Open House?

No, there is no pressure to purchase anything at the Fall Preview Open House. It's meant to be a fun and informative event for you and your guests. However, if you do see something you like, you can place an order at the event or through your Pampered Chef consultant.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions at the Fall Preview Open House?

Yes, there may be special deals and promotions available at the Fall Preview Open House. Be sure to check with your Pampered Chef consultant for any current offers. You can also earn free products by hosting a Fall Preview Open House and reaching certain sales goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • Tenille V.
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies