• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Personal Coaching: Benefits & Process

In summary, the group discusses the concept of a "booking tree" where guests can choose a date to host a show. They share different versions of this idea, including using a picture holder, a memo holder, and even Easter eggs with prizes. They also mention where to purchase these items, such as at Wal-Mart, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Crate & Barrel. Some members have found success with this method, while others have yet to try it.
dpcharlotte
Does anyone do one? How does it work and do you think it is worthwhile?

Where do you buy a booking tree? I have been searching high and low and can't find one?:(

I honestly haven't looked (I KEEP FORGETTING), but I heard you can get them at Wal-Mart.

Whats a booking tree?

if you do an advance search and put tree to search in titles you will find threads about the booking tree.

chefannie said:
Where do you buy a booking tree? I have been searching high and low and can't find one?:(

The pic of the one I found on here is just one of those things that hold several photos. I know I have seen those at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I loked in the "files" section and their was a pic of what I am talking about in it, but no info on it.

I looked for a thread on a how a booking tree works and cannot find one. I must be doing something wrong. I would like more info on this too.

Basicly it is this....

You find one of the picture holders have movable arm (looks kindof like a tree)

And you make cards up for the dates you have available for bookings.

Encourge the guests to pick a card for the date they desire to have a show.

Thanks Jesse and Betty!

I forgot to mention that one I saw at BB&B, is on sticks and I think it would look so cute stuck in a flower pot with Spring and Summer coming!

I may do this in MArch at my shows if I do not get some April dates before my show next weekend and the next.

I ordered the same one that Julie sells on her website from crate and barrel for $6.95. It is called a Sputnik Photo Holder. I used at my show last week and all of my dates (5) were taken!

I love it!

I found one at target on sale with the stationary stuff, but I have been also using the booking bucks (found on the files on this forum) and I just spread them out on a table , my really close date have better gifts on them

The guest have been picking them up and looking at there calender and holding on to the card till they check out with me So its been working so far

i had a bunch from my sorority days (always a picutre opportunity).
guess i should have held onto them..

I hadn't been able to find them anywhere...then over Christmas break I took DD (16) and DS (13) to one of those paint your own pottery places and I found one there! I painted it myself! I have only used it once, though...I keep forgetting to make new cards with my available dates.

I found a memo holder at Target this fall (it has 5 clips)...before that I used place card holders that I glued onto wood (it looked better than it sounds I swear). I always have at least 1 person grab one. These are dates that I am willing to add to the calendar (within the next 3 weeks), but don't count on. I offer something free (cookbook, spice, etc) for taking a date. Also, be sure to have a host kit on hand for these people.

Couldn't find it at Crate and Barrel Laurie, but doesn't this look familiar:

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=2019&f=5978

pampchefrhondab said:

I think I have seen those somewhere before! Very familiar!!! I really like the 2 tier stand.

Last year before Easter, I used Easter eggs and on slips of paper, I wrote an item down and stuck it in. If they picked a date that I have circled in my calendar, then they got to pick an egg. When they held their show, they would get that item from me Free on their order. This is just a little Easter twist on the booking tree that I thought you might like. That reminds me, I have a couple shows before Easter, so I need to put that together again.

pampchefrhondab said:

I guess I assumed this website was crate and barrel, but I guess not. Here is the link.

http://www.cb2.com/family.aspx?c=910&f=1639&q=sputnik+photo+holder&fromLocation=Search&DIMID=400001&SearchPage=1

That's exactly what I found at Target on sale for anout 3,00

pamperedpals said:
I guess I assumed this website was crate and barrel, but I guess not. Here is the link.

http://www.cb2.com/family.aspx?c=910&f=1639&q=sputnik+photo+holder&fromLocation=Search&DIMID=400001&SearchPage=1

Thank you! Very Cute!

mpkegley said:
I think I have seen those somewhere before! Very familiar!!! I really like the 2 tier stand.

I like to 2 tier too. I hope we come out w/one of them.

If you watch one of the new interactive cooking show that OH sent us you will see that one of the consulants uses one of the trees. I think it may be the second one but that might be wrong. Hope that will give you an idea of what you are looking for.

I have not don this yet but have a fund raiser coming up that I am planning in having it for.
Aimee Cantu

Sorry I meant HO for home office. It came out wrong
Aimee Cantu

I really like using the booking tree, I have found that it helps me keep control of my calendar. Most of the time I don't even attach a prize to my dates, my customers just know that those are the next times that I have available. I will print on a special paper or add a sticker to a particular date that I am trying to fill.

During Halloween I got some of that floral foam and put it in the trifle bowl. I found scarecrows on a stick at Michaels and used address labels to make the scarecrows "hold" the date. I was able to make a sign using a ruler and a piece of a paper bag that said "Pick your date." Finally, I covered the foam with a PC towel - it turned out really cute. As a bonus I let people keep the scarecrow that was holding their date.

There are many different fun seasonal things to do. During other parts of the year I use the photo tree that I found at Kohls. :)

I love CB2's stuff! I'm going to order this tonight!

I found a photo holder at kohls (on clearance) that has a green base and the word SMILE (double wire to hold photos or memos). I am going to use it at my next show and play off of the word smile with bookings.

The photo sputnik from Crate & Barrel- $6.95 is the same exact one that Julie Weitz sells on her site for $18.95. That is a huge difference, but I tell you if anyone can attend a training by Julie, please do. I attended one last night and it was so helpful! Check out her site.

http://www.outwardimage.com/home.htm

:thumbup:

I have used the booling tree idea for many years. I don't attach gifts to th dates. But if the dates are within 10 days, I'll print it in a different color with FREE INGREDIENTS on it...great way to book in close and it works!

You can use a picture holder, memo holder, whatever may be...just something to clip on your date cards.

~ Controls your calendar
~ You know when the next date open is
~ It's a nice visual for guests

Exactly. The traditional way of opening our calendars is too many choices for a potential booking guest. With the dates out there- you are giving them very clear options.

I created a booking tree for this month using the new party sticks and some shamrock cutouts. I'd love to show them to everyone, but first someone has to tell me how I can post pictures into my posts! Can anyone help?

Post your reply then scroll to the bottom and click 'manage attachments'. Then upload your photo and submit your reply. :)

Try Michaels and Target. I had a few people who have found them thier. I know another who searched online and found how to make her own.

Good Luck!!

Here is another idea for a booking tree... take the foam that you use for artificial flowers, and use plastic envelope picks (I got them at a party store for 10 cents each, and then use to put your specials in and dates you want to book. I have some different vaces, and some pink artifical carnations I may add to it as well. Inexpensive.

I found some of the "photo holders" last year at a dollar tree where I live and they are flowers...I was going to use them in my DD room but they just never got put in there and are still on my scrapbooking counter so I think I will use them for this...since they are flower and that is very spring...I'm excited about this idea because I have been using the eggs for March but wasn't sure what I was going to do for my shows after Easter...I bought these flower photo holders last year around this time so you might be able to find them again this year too.

FINALLY - I found an adorable "booking tree" frame - in the shape of a flower at TARGET this week (in the picture frame section) for $9.99. Hopefully - this will help those who are "on the hunt."

dpcharlotte said:
FINALLY - I found an adorable "booking tree" frame - in the shape of a flower at TARGET this week (in the picture frame section) for $9.99. Hopefully - this will help those who are "on the hunt."

thats the same one I have...so does my girlfriend who is also a consultant

What do you say to your guests to encourage them to take a date? Thanks for sharing!

dpcharlotte said:

I am going to Target next week I will have to look.

I bought a cute pot and some of that floral styrofoam. Bed, Bath & Beyond has some pic frames on sticks like flowers that I thought about putting in it to make a flower bouquet with but I am afraid they are not big enough.

I will have to check this one out and see which I like best. They are both the same price.

To Chef131doreen,
Can you tell me more about your booking bucks?

Related to Exploring Personal Coaching: Benefits & Process

1. What is personal coaching and what are the benefits?

Personal coaching is a process in which a trained professional works with an individual to help them achieve their personal or professional goals. The benefits of personal coaching include increased self-awareness, improved communication skills, and the ability to set and achieve realistic goals.

2. How does personal coaching work?

Personal coaching usually involves one-on-one sessions between the coach and the client. The coach will use various techniques such as asking thought-provoking questions, providing feedback, and offering support and accountability to help the client reach their goals. The sessions can be conducted in person, over the phone, or through video conferencing.

3. Is personal coaching worth the investment?

The value of personal coaching varies for each individual, but many people find it to be a worthwhile investment. Personal coaching can help individuals overcome obstacles, improve their mindset, and achieve their goals more efficiently.

4. What is the process for finding a personal coach?

There are several ways to find a personal coach, including asking for recommendations from friends or colleagues, searching online directories, or attending seminars or workshops. It is important to research and interview potential coaches to find one that aligns with your goals and needs.

5. Does Pampered Chef offer personal coaching?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers personal coaching through our Business Development Program. Our trained coaches work with consultants to help them reach their personal and professional goals, whether it be to increase sales, improve leadership skills, or achieve a better work-life balance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • pcheframsey