• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Monthly Dinner Parties at Consultant Home

In summary, Veronica started a Pampered Chef Host Club and Rhonda-Roo has been successful by advertising and having close friends join.
lkhartmann
Gold Member
Ive been asked by a few of my customers to start a monthly dinner party. the idea is each month you feature a product, charge a flat rate and each month a different attendee gets the host benefits. Does anyone already do this? if so is it successful? any tips you can give me? thanks in advance

It sounds like a lot of fun! I don't have enough friends to make it work, but let me know how it goes if you end up doing it!

I haven't done it but always wanted to. Seems like fun and a guaranteed show each month to help towards consultant incentives. That's great that you have been specifically asked by people to start one! There have been a few threads in the past where people have shared how they do it. I've heard of a few different ways. Maybe do a search using the word "monthly club" or something like that. Hope that helps!

I've wanted to start a Cooking Club too, I made up a brochure but not sure how well it's going to go over.

VeronicaW said:
I've wanted to start a Cooking Club too, I made up a brochure but not sure how well it's going to go over.

Would you mind sharing with us your idea on how you'll run it? Would you also mind uploading your brochure?

Here's what I have, tell me what you think.

Attachments

• My TPC Cooking Club Brochure.pub
    144 KB · Views: 1,107
Oh darn, I don't have publisher so I can't open it. :( Wonder if you or anyone can convert it to Word?

Because of the graphics I couldn't save it in Word, but I made it a jpeg. See if that helps

It's a nice flyer!

Attachments

• My TPC Cooking Club Brochure.jpg
    My TPC Cooking Club Brochure.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,376
I updated the pics and resaved it as a jpg. It should work.
Any thoughts or different ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

31.9 KB · Views: 1,055
Retrying again!

Attachments

31.9 KB · Views: 966
I started a Pampered Chef Host Club in June. I found most of the information in the files. I have 6 people who committed to spending a minimum of $25 (before s/h & tax). This guarantees they will have enough for a show. They are encouraged to get outside sales on their host month to increase the host benefits. I drew names from a hat to decide who hosted each month. I have 4 other maybe's & 2 who are ready to start my 2nd group. I don't get a lot of shows because I don't work it like I should... so this is working great. If I can get this other group going I will have my 2 definite shows a month. The next group I will probably let them choose their month as they commit. First come gets first choice. Veronica~ I really like the way you made your brochure! I don't have publisher either so I had to see the jpg also, but I might try to make something like that in Word. Thanks for sharing!

Who do you guys have that are joining, are they friends or show costomers? I have wanted to try this as well, but I am not sure how to promote it.

These are great ideas! Thanks so much for posting your brochure (and thanks for the help, Kristin!) I can't wait to explore this a little more and see if I can round up some interested parties. Rhonda-Roo, how did you get the word out about your Host Club? Did you call specific people about it or did you send out a flyer or mention it in your newsletter or mention it at shows?

I've been doing a cooking club for 2 years and it's been great! It keeps me active each month (even in those slow months), I've made great new friends, everyone gets to be host one month (I collect $20 from 8 out of the 9 members, the 9th being the host (who by the way picks and pays for the recipe ingredients, the 9th member/host gets a $160 shopping spree:) or...they can use their month to become a consultant and buy the kit, NICE!
I've ran two clubs at the same time, works great. I talk about it at all my shows, I have brochures and word of mouth.

I highly recommend starting a cooking club. It's also been great because I am able to have these at my house each month, so I don't have to lug anything around, I'm in control of whether it's "kid friendly or not" and I never have to get childcare. Again, NICE!

I love my "Chic Cheffers!!!"

The group I have right now is close friends. The others who are interested in my 2nd club are old classmates on facebook. I posted the information & put it as an event. I also let them know that they are not required to come to the monthly get together. But I let them know that I will have a new recipe for everyone to try each month (I buy the food for the recipe) & they can try out products/see new products.

I decided to go with 6 people per club at $25 per member so it would be enough for a show & each host is guaranteed at least $15 in free products. They can get outside orders & invite people to the club on their host month to help increase their sales.

I like the idea of the Host Club because it helps everyone add to their PC collection without breaking them & also lets them have a show where they don't have to do anything.

I plan on making a flyer & getting it out so I can get new people interested too. I haven't decided if I'm going to add a coupon to it or not. I was thinking maybe $5 off their first order or something similar. I really need to get some people outside of my small circle of family/friends!

I have publisher at work, but it would not let me open the file. It stated that a problem was detected with the file.

Do you have people sign some sort of contract? What happens if someone doesn't hold up to the agreement and hosts to get the rewards, but then drops out?

That's a question I have, too - what if people drop out?
This actually sounds lots of fun! I could go for a cooking club. Not sure about a dinner club where I'd be expected to feed everyone a full meal.
Love the fact that it would be at my house. This is a major reason I hear for folks not wanting to book their own show - they think it will be too much work to get their house ready.

Do you offer 10% off to everyone (since the 1st host will get 10% off of every order at the remaining show)? I was just wondering if some will only want to be the first because of this.

This sounds like a great idea. I was brainstorming about people, meals, etc. last night when I should have been sleeping. :indif: I still have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer. For the $25 monthly orders, I'm assuming that it's $25 after any discounts, not just product value, correct? I'm thinking about the host for that month. She will qualify for some type of discount, but is she still obligated to spend $25 in addition to her free product and host specials? My concern is that if she does not that you might come up a little shy of the necessary $150 needed to make the show.Also, for those who have more than one group, I'm thinking that you do them on two different days. Is this correct?I'm excited about this because it seems like something that could really work and help some of my people who "love Pampered Chef" but, for whatever reason are not able to host a show.

I'm going to shoot for 12 people at my Dinner Club. That way it starts at $300 and they get a half price item. Even if the host, I want them to bring a $25 order before S/h/t. The hope is that the host of the month will up her benefits by getting outside orders. Perhaps even setting them up online as a show. I have 7 people interested so far and I talked about it twice. I'm going to post on facebook to see if any takers as well.

lkhartmann said:
I'm going to shoot for 12 people at my Dinner Club.

My plan at this point is to have six but allow each one to bring a guest with them each time. This way the order total should be up but also the hosts are only feel obligated for a six month period. If I have enough, I would love to have two each month, that way I will have two shows per month that will help toward monthly incentives.

Additionally, I'm planning to call mine a Dinner Club rather than a Cooking Club since I meet so many people who say, "I don't cook." Everyone eats dinner so they will be getting one per month on me and also I plan to have the recipe printed out to give them that evening.

I am very interested in this. One of my hosts proposed something like this and I couldnt really grasp the concept until I read all these posts. I think if we all continue to brainstorm like this, we can come up with a good plan. I have alot of cutomers & past hosts who always tell me - "if someone needs to add $20.00+ to a show, let me know". This may be the group to focus on. Sure would alleviate some of the pressure while working a full time job. I think Vistprint offer a tri-fold brochure that could be passed out during check-out.:balloon:

Since mine just started in June I don't know all the snags I'm going to run into yet. One thing I WILL change is not letting them pick the actual date. The one group that I have right now have all been previous hosts, so they get the 10% off their orders anyway. Everyone, including host, has to spend a minimum of $25 before s/h & tax for it to be a definite show & I only have 6 people in the club.. I did not create anything for them to sign... although I did think about it. I read where someone else did make them sign an agreement. I'm just hoping everyone will hold up to their word. If it becomes a problem, I will change things the next time. I call mine a Host Club instead of cooking club. I found most of the information from searching the internet. The top 10 reasons to join that I used in what I posted on Facebook was "borrowed" from another host club brochure that I ran across... not sure who or where! HERE is a thread I ran across when I was searching this a couple of months ago. I just decided I was going to wing it... trial & error. lol This is what I posted on my facebook:pampered Chef Host ClubWhat is a Host Club? A Host Club is a way for you to build your collection of products, without breaking the bank! It is also a great way to receive the benefits of being a host without worrying about reaching the minimum sales level for a qualified show or having to clean your home & entertain guests. Each club consists of a 6 members. I will assign host months on a first-come, first-serve basis. I am aiming for 6 people per club. Members are asked to commit to a $25 minimum purchase each month (retail purchase, not including shipping and tax) for 6 months. This guarantees a qualified show for all participating club members. All you will do is simply use the host benefits based on the member’s orders. All members are required to place a minimum $25 order on or before the scheduled meeting, whether or not you actually attend the event. Monthly events will be at my home & I will prepare a new dish for everyone to try. You are not required to attend. As an extra benefit, you can qualify for the Host Bonus drawing to receive an additional $25 Gift Certificate! Each Host of the Month who has a total party/sale of $200 or more (before shipping & tax) will have their name put into the Host Bonus Drawing! The drawing will be held during the last month of the club. The host’s name will be added to the drawing an additional time for each $50 in retail sales above $200.In order to be a Club Member, you must commit to the following:
1) Make a $25 minimum purchase every month for 6 months (attendance optional, but a purchase is required)
2) Deliver any outside orders for the month you are the Host. I’m excited & look forward to hearing from you! Anyone is allowed to join this club. It is not a members only type club. Feel free to pass on the information to someone else if you think they might be interested. 10 Reasons to Join a Host Club!1. No need to stress about whether your guests will come: when it’s your turn to host, you already have a guaranteed show! How cool is that?
2. Build your collection of fun kitchen products without breaking your budget.
3. Receive a discount off items above and beyond your minimum purchase for that month.
4. Add to your knowledge of fun food facts.
5. Guaranteed free & discounted products on the month it is your turn to “host”.
6. Monthly Specials (something different each and every month!).
7. Time to visit with friends and catch up on what’s new.
8. One set location every month – No need to clean your house!
9. It gets you a night out of the house once a month…who couldn’t use one of those?
10. Enjoy “members only” specials.

Rhonda Roo, Thank You! I love having the rules in writing! And with the upcoming specials, I can see many people excited about this!

You're welcome! I'm glad it will help.

I was a member of a cooking club like this before I became a consultant. All of our husbands were deployed at the time and it was a great way to get together with a few friends for a couple of hours. We all contributed about $5 to the "tip" jar to assist with the groceries too, but that wasn't required, we just didn't want to put a financial burden on our friend.

It worked out great. There were six people in our group and we all signed a contract up front. I think all of us brought in outside orders, I know my month was over $600, so it was definitely worth our friend/consultants time and effort!

Love these ideas ladies!

dme.grant said:
There were six people in our group and we all signed a contract up front.

Did anyone feel uncomfortable signing a contract? Do you remember what information was in the contract? I keep thinking about it, but I think people might feel uncomfortable doing that.

That was nice of everyone to pitch in to help with the groceries. :)

JennyJennJen said:
Do you habe a pic of the inside of your brochure?

It's just a simple fill in sheet:
January _________
February __________
etc.

I'm attaching my updated brochure.

Attachments

• My TPC Cooking Club Brochure.pub
    258.5 KB · Views: 520
I get an error message that there is something wrong with the publisher file. I cannot open it.

I don't think any of us felt uncomfortable signing the contract. There wasn't really anything in there that we weren't ready to do anyway, and since Jen had several different groups going on at the same time (different nights of course) she explained that it was her way of keeping herself on track as well as making sure everyone had all the information up front.

VeronicaW said:
I'm attaching my updated brochure.

I don't have MS Publisher, and there isn't a free viewer like there is with Power Point and Adobe Acrobat. Could I trouble you to convert it to an XPS file?

Thanks in advance!

See if this works.

Attachments

• My TPC Cooking Club Brochure (1.pdf
    69.8 KB · Views: 893
chefjeanine said:
See if this works.

Thank you so much for converting it!
I was having trouble trying to understand how to do it!

Thank you!

I LOVE this idea, but I'm not real comfortable asking people to sign a contract, either. How did you find people interested in doing this?

my director has 12 people in her clubs, one for each month, so each person gets to host 1 show a year and with the larger number of people you can set a lower minimum purchase and still have a good show.

ooooo....makes me want to clean and expand my house!

Could you please share a little more info with me about how you started your club? Did you use a flyer and contract? Any information that you could share would be greatly appreciated. I would really like to know how you got everyone signed up and kept everything running smoothly...
Thanks so much
ChefKelebel said:
I've been doing a cooking club for 2 years and it's been great! It keeps me active each month (even in those slow months), I've made great new friends, everyone gets to be host one month (I collect $20 from 8 out of the 9 members, the 9th being the host (who by the way picks and pays for the recipe ingredients, the 9th member/host gets a $160 shopping spree:) or...they can use their month to become a consultant and buy the kit, NICE!
I've ran two clubs at the same time, works great. I talk about it at all my shows, I have brochures and word of mouth.

I highly recommend starting a cooking club. It's also been great because I am able to have these at my house each month, so I don't have to lug anything around, I'm in control of whether it's "kid friendly or not" and I never have to get childcare. Again, NICE!

I love my "Chic Cheffers!!!"

This sounds like something I would do, we have cook outs almost every month. I don't think I'll start it before we move to Texas this summer, but that'll just give me time to work on a plan for it. Thanks for the great idea!

This is a great idea...would love to hear how well everyone's group is going.

Has anyone used my brochure to get their clubs started? Or found another one that works great?

I am a brand new consultant (just joined in April) and I have to say that all of these ideas are really inspiring. A cooking club is a great way for a new consultant like me to guarantee some business in the beginning of my career.I think that a cooking club could also be geared towards younger people maybe who have just left college and are just figuring out how to cook and be a real life "grown up." I pitched the idea to a coworker of mine who is just out of school a year and she pounced on it. She might not have many friends who have the kind of $$ and space to make an entire show successful, but the cooking club would be a great way for her to learn a) how to make some yummy things and b) slowly build up her kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Joyce D
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
leshelman
  • Shannon Russell