• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience a Shocking Twist with My First Mia Host Booking in Just a Week!

In summary, a consultant shares their frustration about a past consultant who booked a show in February and has not responded to messages about their show this Saturday. They debate whether to continue trying to contact the host or assume the show is cancelled. Another consultant shares their experience with a similar situation and advises leaving a message stating that the show will be cancelled if they do not hear back by a certain time. They also suggest calling from a different number to see if the host is avoiding calls. The original consultant agrees to give the host until noon to respond before cancelling the show.
PCSarahjm
I knew it would happen sooner or later. But this is just a shock! I booked this lady in Feb. she placed an outside order at a show! It took me a few weeks to get a hold of her to actually set a date. When I did reach her we went over the specials and she picked a May date. And tells me that she was a past Consultant about 5 years ago. So I tell her that I will mail a host packet and there is a letter in there that explains everything. We go on about mailing invites and what else is in the packet. She says its ok you don't have to go into detail I know how to do all of this! Ok so I leave it at that and tell her that I will talk to her in a week or so to go over recipes and to see how she is coming along with outside orders and such.

OK guess what her show is this Saturday....I have not talked to her at all...I have called and left messages but no response. I called her last night again left a message saying....That I have Saturday reserved for her and we need to decide on the recipe. Plus I need directions to your house! Please call me ASAP so we can have a successful show!

So now what? Do I try to call her throughout the day today or just leave it in her hands? It is just a shocker that a past PC Consultant would do this!

I would leave her a message saying that if you don't hear from her by 9 p.m. (or pick a time) tonight you will assume that our show is cancelled and please call you to reschedule. If it's on and she actually has people coming, she will call you. If not, she won't. I've done it the other way around---"I'll bring the ingredients and see you at 7 p.m." and have pulled up to an empty house TWICE. So no more wasting time and money for me.Good luck!

Thanks Deb! I will give her until noon today to call me.
It just amazes me she would do this she seemed excited about looking at a new book and getting some new products!

Um, that's only two hours. I'm often out of my house for 2 hours or more at a time or don't check messages for two hours. I would give her til this evening.

Well I left her a message last night about getting directions and to discuss the recipe but haven't called her today...I am going to call her around 12 if she doesn't call me by then. And let her know that if I don't hear from her by 8 pm tonight the show will need to be rescheduled and she will need to contact me to do so. Do you think that is fair enough?

Try calling her from a different number. If she is avoiding you and has caller ID she won't answer. But if you call from a different number she just might answer.

I just called her work...sort of worried something happened. They said she had already left for the day!

This happened to me back in January. The host NEVER returned any of my calls. I spoke to her husband once, but still no call backs. She works with my aunt (who is unreliable to begin with) and gave her friend the host pack etc.

Finally the day OF the show I called her and left a message (because she's a teachers aid and I knew I'd be able to leave a message). So I called and this is what I said:

"Hello Patty this is Vanessa with TPC, I am sorry I havent been able to reach you but I am looking forward to your show tonight! Since I was unable to give you an ingredient list, I will bring the ingredients for a 12 min. microwave cake I am sure you and your guests will love! I look forward to seeing you around 6:30 so I can set up, Call me at xxx-xxxx if you have any questions...BYE"

And sure enough she called me back AS SOON AS she got the message. Of course, the party did not happen, but I was working MY BUSINESS. To some PC may not be a job, but to ME it is. And HOW DARE She not take it seriously.

I had to get up the nerve to leave that message but boy was it invigorating!!

Let us know what happens with you!

I agree with Deb - better to not waste any more time, $$, effort. If they are really intending on doing the show, they will call.

The Past Host just sent an email to me asking if so and so was still having her show tomorrow....So I just say the show is tomorrow@ 1:00 did you recieve an invite? So I guess we will see what happens?

That's too bad! I had an ex-consultant do the same thing to me last year, she did cancel but it was the day before her party as I was packing my crate! But I did also have a host last week who I tried to call the entire week before her party and she finally got back to me the morning of her show. I knew she was busy at work so I figured she would call me and still have her show. Luckily she did! I would still count as doing the show, you never know how busy people are.

This was also the same thing that made me change my business and send out the postcards myself. I never wanted to do it, thought it wouldn't make a difference but it has. I know that the postcards went out and when they went out. You also don't have a host who lies to you (happened last summer also!) and then tells you the day before her party she never sent the invites.

I am dreading the day that I have that happen to me! I hope everything turns out for you!

Okay, so fill us in. Did you ever get ahold of her?

My "worst host" story is -- she called and cancelled 3 hours before her show start time. I have everything but the food in the car.

The day before she had 8 yes's. Day of only 2 - - -

I ended up calling her at 8:30 pm Friday evening....leaving a message saying that I was sorry but since I was unable to talk with her about her show and make final decision about recipe and directions to her house. We would have to reschedule.

Still no response to the message.

So now what do I do??? Still try to contact her to reschedule or what?

I'd call her once this week to try to reschedule, and then space out your calls to her to once every other week or once a month until she tells you to leave her alone or reschedules.

I thought I would wait until the end of the week and call. Just give her a little space then try to get her to reschedule....But I don't want her to think I am stalking her either.

I have just changed my policy with shows - if I don't hear from a host within a week of her date (and have called 2-3 times during the 2-3 weeks before that with no communication), I am going to delete any information on my website & send an e-mail/vm to let her know that the show is canceled unless I hear from her asap. It's rude of people to not at least call back, and if nothing has been done at least a week before the show (unless it was booked last minute), it isn't going to happen. That is my humble opinion. I had this happen to me...didn't have any communication with the host for 3 weeks, and when I called her three days before the show to tell her I would NOT be there, she finally e-mailed me late at night with a sorry excuse...and, she's a teacher! Not so responsible, or courteous of my time!I don't think it's rude to cancel the show as a consultant, when you haven't heard a thing. I just politely say that since I haven't heard from her, I'm assuming that she isn't going to be available to hold her show. It's a rare thing to happen, but I'm not going to waste my time in driving & gas to show up where there will be no people without a phone call to confirm. It's just common courtesy!

Related to Experience a Shocking Twist with My First Mia Host Booking in Just a Week!

What is "Experience a Shocking Twist with My First Mia Host Booking in Just a Week!"?

"Experience a Shocking Twist with My First Mia Host Booking in Just a Week!" is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef for new consultants. It allows you to book your first party and earn a free Mia host reward within just one week of starting your business.

Who is eligible for this promotion?

This promotion is only available to new Pampered Chef consultants who have joined the company within the past 30 days.

How can I book my first party and earn the free Mia host reward?

To participate in this promotion, you will need to reach out to your friends, family, and acquaintances to book your first party within your first week as a Pampered Chef consultant. Once your party has been confirmed and held, you will automatically receive the free Mia host reward.

What is the free Mia host reward?

The free Mia host reward is a special product offered to hostesses who book and hold a Pampered Chef party. It is a surprise product that is revealed at the party and is usually valued at $25 or more.

What happens if I am unable to book my first party within a week?

If you are unable to book your first party within a week, you will unfortunately not be eligible for the free Mia host reward. However, you can still book parties and earn other rewards and benefits as a Pampered Chef consultant. Our team is always available to help you with party planning and booking tips to ensure your success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies