• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expecting & Working: My Journey to Balance it All!

In summary, Gillian found out she was pregnant on Friday and is already 7 weeks along. She is looking forward to telling her friends and family and is excited to share her journey with them.
oh, btw...I know you told me about all the pregnancy tests, but I didn't know you took a pic of them. I'm really hoping you scrapbook the pic instead of the tests!

I guess we know who your sis is now:) Good to know!

I think my step-brother takes the cake for weird girl names- he has 2 daughter, Timber Brooke, and Sunset Cove. (Weird, I think) I have 2 girls Nycole (24) and Haley (20) they were unusual names 25 years ago- but somewhat common now, except spelling.

Congratulations!

Thanks everyone!

B- I think Bridget is out because I am not even going to try to explain that one to Grandma!! Lordy, I would be there all year trying to set her straight, LMAO! If I scrapbooked the tests my book wouldn't shut! That's why I took the picture, DUH!

mrssyvo said:
I think my step-brother takes the cake for weird girl names- he has 2 daughter, Timber Brooke, and Sunset Cove. (Weird, I think) I have 2 girls Nycole (24) and Haley (20) they were unusual names 25 years ago- but somewhat common now, except spelling.

My sister in law has a cousin named Cedar Leif and antoher one with a STRANGE name (but he changed it to Jeff or something)

Strangest name!Here is the strangest name I have ever come across:

ABCDE (Ab-sid-ee)

My brother's best friend's daughter. I thought this was a mistake but now I know it's not! That takes the cake for me!! I hope I am pregnant but with my messed up cycles and irregular periods I probably won't find out until I am about as far along as you are Gillian!

Debbie

I wanna know how many PC consultants name their sons "Stone" so they always have a stone in the house.

:D

I am SO kidding!

Stone!
chefann said:
I wanna know how many PC consultants name their sons "Stone" so they always have a stone in the house.
QUOTE]

OMG Gilly! There you go! The perfect name for a boy of a PC Director!!! Its Perfect! LOL :p

DebbieSAChef said:
Here is the strangest name I have ever come across:

ABCDE (Ab-sid-ee)

My brother's best friend's daughter. I thought this was a mistake but now I know it's not! That takes the cake for me!! I hope I am pregnant but with my messed up cycles and irregular periods I probably won't find out until I am about as far along as you are Gillian!

Debbie

That reminds me.....a few years ago someone named their son ESPN (pronounced 'espen'). Some people just try to be weird!

I don't think they were trying to be weird. I think they just are.

pamperedlinda said:
That reminds me.....a few years ago someone named their son ESPN (pronounced 'espen'). Some people just try to be weird!

I remember hearing that too.
Here's a couple weird ones my sis heard down in MS....Orangelo & Lemangelo...orange jello & lemon jello:) I'm not kidding! (not quite sure how exactly they're spelled tho)

I'm so happy that my parent's gave me a normal name! Even if it is one of the most common ones.

My brother's wife's daughter (I say that because I have no intentions of calling her my step-neice or even my neice.....if ya get my drift...) Well, she had a baby a few weeks ago (not married, not even dating the guy any more - oh yeah, and she's 20!) and she decides to give the baby (boy) a version of his dad's name....but get this she reversed it......instead of naming him James (very normal) she named in Samej!

I feel so sorry for these kids with these aweful names!!!

Oops....even I can't get this weird name right....it's Semaj....oh well, what difference does it make!

Last edited:
pamperedlinda said:
......instead of naming him James (very normal) she named in Samej!!!!

You can bet that she won't find a frig magnet with his name on it!!! LOL:eek:

You guys are definetly giving me some ideas, LMAO!! I really like Greyson for a girl or boy, but DH says it sounds boyish because of the "son" on the end. I love it and have loved it since I had my son. It was in the running for his girl name. DH said he was going to put it on the short list to think about, and I love that it reminds me of Greys Anatomy!! Before you ladies start talking crap.....I liked it BEFORE that show ever came on!!

gilliandanielle said:
I love that it reminds me of Greys Anatomy!! Before you ladies start talking crap.....I liked it BEFORE that show ever came on!!

Sure you did Gillian!!! Meredith sounds just like a girl and would remind you of the show!

We have always said we would name a daughter Heather Callie. Callie would be from CSI Miami not Grey's!

Okay ladies, here's my belly pic from today- I swear there are five or six babies is there!! Today I am around 6 weeks 3 days by my best calculations.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Gilliandanielle/100_2065.jpg

gilliandanielle said:
Okay ladies, here's my belly pic from today- I swear there are five or six babies is there!! Today I am around 6 weeks 3 days by my best calculations.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Gilliandanielle/100_2065.jpg

YIKES!!!!
I better get those BIG shirts ready to ship!!!;) ;) ;)

Wow Gill! You've definately got that "baby bump". You're still tiny though:)

(and just from the little we can see; I'm jealous of your kitchen! looks like you have great cabinets & counters! I'm sooo needing a kitchen makeover)

You look gorgeous - what I can see anyway! Congrats and savor every moment. I loved pregnancy - until the last few uncomfortable weeks. LOL!

here are to different names I knew of one was Echo and the other was Aldon like All done having kids little to say they had 4 or 5 more after him

Thanks guys! My house is only 3 years old, so it doesn't need a makeover yet. I am bored today so I will post the whole pic! You guys can play sopt the PC products, LOL!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Gilliandanielle/100_2066.jpg

Nice Kitchen...I thought everyone lived on boats in Alaska (JK, my cousin lives there on the water) Gillian, my bump is bigger than yours and I am not even preggers. (FYI I will not be posting my "bump" out of courtesy to all)

I have 2 girls Nycole (24) and Haley (20) they were unusual names 25 years ago- but somewhat common now, except spelling.
My daughter's name is Hayley Devyn-Marie.

Who said I don't live on a boat???? LOL, Just kidding! What does everyone think about the name Greyson?? I need some ammo to get DH with!

its differnt but cute my kids names are common names Benjamin Jack
Taylor Roni (girl) middle name after MIL and Brianna Glenn middle name after me

I like Greyson...if DH is worried about the "son" part...play with the spelling ...Greisen, Greysen, Graysan...you get the pic.

Or just shorten it to Grey.My second son I was thinking the whole time that I was going to have a girl because almost everything seemed different and everyone was doing their little wive's tales and telling me he was a girl, no I didn't do a sono for the sex since I didn't have the extra $ to spend. Anyway... he was going to be named Kaicia La'nae. I have used just an initial of family instead of being named after someone, but with this I kind-of made it up of a bunch of my family member's names. I had also thought about Katacia since one of my grandmother's was Kat (don't dare call her Kathryn) and one was Patricia, but don't call her that, lol, it's Patti.

AH, I'll try this again...I posted to this and it posted 3 friggin times so I deleted one and it deleted all of them, grrr.Or you could just shorten it to Grey.My second son I thought was going to be a girl, I had a boy's name picked out but the more I said it the more I didn't like it, but I was 'having a girl anyway so I didn't bother to try to find another one' HA! Everyone was doing their little wive's tales on me and telling me I was going to have a girl, and I thought it seemed different from the first so I just 'knew' I was having a girl. LOL.Anyway she was going to be named Kaicia La'nae. I would rather use an initial instead of naming a child after someone and I like to be a little different so that they are not one of 6 in one Grade level in a Small Town! But with that I was going with parts of my family member's names. Kat (don't dare call her Kathryn) was one of my grandmother's, Patti (don't dare call her Patricia). Although my cousin named her daughter Patricia Haith Leann after her. She drives me nuts because she calls her Haith (one of her middle names) and her son's name is Steven Gage Lashawn and they call him Gage.

yummy4tummy said:
I like Greyson...if DH is worried about the "son" part...play with the spelling ...Greisen, Greysen, Graysan...you get the pic.

I used to be a teacher & the last year I taught there was a girl in the other class named Graison (I think that's how they spelled it).

Gillian, you are much braver than me. I refused any belly pics with my son and plan to do the same with my next one. I LOVE seeing other's pics though - thanks! Keep them coming. We will love seeing your progress!

We need to throw a virtual CS Baby Shower!!!!

It will probably be my only baby shower :( I think my family is getting sick of coming to my baby showers every year! I had showers in Jan of 04, May of 05, and I doubt people want to come to another on 07! My SIL is due three weeks before me too, so that adds to everyone being "showered out"!

Wow Gilly you werent kidding! You do have a baby bump! I talked to my neighbor tonight who is about ready to pop with her third baby and she mentioned that her baby bump was what alerted her to being pregnant this time. She hadn't even missed a period yet. She said she thinks you get them earlier with each baby. Hope that makes ya feel better! Love ya!

Oh, btw Gilly. The kitchen counter is missing something. I thought thats where Colton lived!?

Wow...as real kitchen with light and everything. I should share the miserable excuse that military family housing calls a kitchen with you!!
It is so dark in my kitchen and SO old! Oh and did I mention that my house is being torn down AS soon as I move out! LOL!!

We are thinking of buying at our next duty station and believe me...DH knows that the kitchen has to be almost perfect!!!

OK, now I"m completely jealous of your kitchen:p LOL
I do like the name Greyson. I like the idea of changing up the spelling so it's different, then it won't end in "son". Though I'm sure you don't want to change the "Grey" spelling!

Love the kitchen, BTW? Was that a modular house? I swear you have my cabinets!

B- Colton was sleeping, so that is why it is so clean!! If I have another one I will be showing at conception!! I couldn't figure out why I looked pregnant in all my clothes, and I was probably only 4 WEEKS!! That is just scary to me!

Anne- nope, not modular, but they are basic non-upgraded cabinets, so they might be the same...

Lacy- DH told me last night that he thought about it all day and hates the name Greyson even though he is trying to like it. We'll see what happens or if it is even an issue!

Well, you still have a little while to decide:)

gilliandanielle said:
Anne- nope, not modular, but they are basic non-upgraded cabinets, so they might be the same...

Are you saying I have basic non-upgraded cabinets?!

(I do! LOL)

Uh...um...I'm sure they're nice....LMAO!!!

WOW! Congrats to you!

(I know I am late in congratulating - we have been on vacation for a week).

Congrats!!!!

Thanks guys! I have been sleeping about 12 hours a night lately, which really sucks for getting things done! I hope I have more energy by the time I have my three in a row show frenzy Nov. 3,4,and 5th!!

my baby's bumpokay Gillian, my baby's bump is going to give you a run for it's money LOL!

This is my Chihuahua...She found ME in September when I was visiting my home town. After advertising, looking for micro chip (she had no collar or I.D.) I brought her home with me. So now I am going to be a grandma.:eek:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p149/yklav/100_0373_carmen2.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like her sometimes!! I am going to post my new belly pic and my ultrasound pic on Wednesday after my doc's appointment!

Look forward to seeing that. She (my dog) is so big now, her veins are showing. We will have to compare.
P.S. Thanks for showing me how to add the pic to the post.
Valky

Gillian, I'm feeling the same way right now...trying to figure out how I can stay on top of my PC business when all I feel like doing is laying around...and constantly feeling like I'm gonna vomit!! :(

Take care

It was a rough few weeks Nicole! I just recruited my fourth on Wednesday, so that gave me a little motivation to get going. I am on top of three more maybe-recruits (fence-sitters) and FINALLY getting a little more energy to pursuade them! Good luck Nicole! You can e-mail me or PM me if you want to chat!

When I was naming my kids.....I yelled the names to see if they flowed well.
DD: Elizabeth Rose Lee (9-10-92 / 4-14-05 ) No Longer with us but still in our hearts.
DS: Noah Layne Lee (11)
DS: Jacob Ryan Lee (7)

No More kids for us...DH got fixed..haha
Youngest is in school full time now and I'm enjoying my free time.
3 kids isn't that bad, they can always keep eachother company. Also the older ones like to help out with the new baby...it makes them feel important.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sklay723
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
Jill092375
Replies
Views