• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Balancing Work and Parenthood: A Shoutout to All SAHMs and SAHDs!

In summary, the author spends most of her time with her child, but feels that she does not get enough time to work. The author also acknowledges that there are challenges no matter what choices one makes.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
I just want to say that you guys ROCK!

I work Monday to Friday and work my PC business in those days and usually take it easy on the weekends. I am off every second Monday (I work extra hours the rest of the time to do this) so I can be with my DD an extra day.

Well, yesterday, I was thinking how I have a great opportunity to work my business a lot more on my Mondays off, and guess what? It doesn't happen!!! :rolleyes: I spend most of my time hangin' out with my DD (which I love doing!) and sometimes get a little bit of work done in the evening....and I mean, just a little! LOL

So, I just want to say that I don't know how you guys stay focused, but I admire you and what you do! :D

Just wanted to share! :)

Thank you! It is NEVER easy. Some days I feel like I'm ignoring our 2 yo (the only one of our 4 not in school yet).

I just ended up leaving a message on someone's machine that ended up having my 2 yr. old interrupting me in the background. He was occupied with something for a while, so I thought I could sneak in a couple calls. Oh well. It was a bit embarrassing. I have a hard time getting the phone calls made due to the background noise. Nap time is very precious to me! :)

We all have our own challenges. Wether we work outside the home or not. While I am home with my DS (DD is in school full time) I feel I do not play with him enough. I am just not good at it. I do enjoy and value the time though as I did not have it with my own mother who worked full time.

thanks! AS a SAHM mom that is NEVER home, I feel that there has to be a balance between work and play no matter if you stay home or not. Now, they key is finding that balance!

most of the time I do my pc work when he's napping or after he goes to bed.

etteluap70PC said:
We all have our own challenges. Wether we work outside the home or not. While I am home with my DS (DD is in school full time) I feel I do not play with him enough. I am just not good at it. I do enjoy and value the time though as I did not have it with my own mother who worked full time.

Ditto on this! I just took my 4 yo on 2 hours of errands, mostly PC related, but it wasn't exactly the "quality time" we all yearn for.

I appreciate this thread! Sometimes I think other people (i.e. my MIL) think I literally sit around and twiddle my thumbs all day. I honestly wish I could! :) The kids keep themselves pretty entertained playing together to let me get some work done, but it's always so tempting to put it all on the back burner and just spend extra time playing and cuddling with them. But like Paulette said, I think we all have challenges whether we stay at home and work or work outside the home. :)

1. How do I balance my work and parenthood as a stay-at-home mom or dad?

Balancing work and parenthood can be challenging, but it is important to prioritize and establish a routine. Set specific work hours and stick to them, and make sure to schedule in quality time with your children. It may also be helpful to delegate tasks and ask for support from your partner or family members.

2. What are some tips for managing household and work responsibilities as a stay-at-home parent?

One tip is to create a schedule or to-do list to help you stay organized and prioritize tasks. It can also be helpful to involve your children in household chores and responsibilities, teaching them valuable life skills while also lightening your load.

3. How can I make time for self-care as a stay-at-home parent?

Self-care is crucial for maintaining your physical and mental well-being. It may be helpful to schedule in small blocks of time throughout the day for activities such as exercise, meditation, or hobbies. You can also ask for support from your partner, family, or friends to take breaks and recharge.

4. How do I handle feelings of guilt or inadequacy as a stay-at-home parent?

It is common for stay-at-home parents to experience feelings of guilt or inadequacy, but it is important to remember that you are doing a valuable and important job. It may be helpful to connect with other stay-at-home parents for support and to remind yourself of the positive impact you are making on your children's lives.

5. How can I communicate my needs and boundaries as a stay-at-home parent to my family and friends?

It is important to communicate your needs and boundaries to your family and friends in a respectful and direct manner. Let them know your priorities and limitations, and don't be afraid to ask for help or support when needed. It may also be helpful to set aside regular check-ins with your loved ones to discuss any challenges or concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • chefkeri
  • General Chat
Replies