• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expecting & Working: My Journey to Balance it All!

In summary, Gillian found out she was pregnant on Friday and is already 7 weeks along. She is looking forward to telling her friends and family and is excited to share her journey with them.
Whoo-Hoo!!!!Congratulations! I pray for a smooth pregnancy and delivery for you!

I have an unusually supportive husband, but one thing he does to help me out is to do all my folders and organizing so I don't have to.

Also, when I'm really tired (am pregnant also; second time in TPC), he drives me to my show, unpacks and helps me set up,. Then, when I'm starting to take orders, I give him a call, and he comes back and packs me up.

I know, especially in the first and last trimesters, his doing this really helps me stay moving and motivated with our business.

Scheduling is definitely important! Make a daily plan for what you want to get done with your business, and then do it. And when you're done, STOP! Don't be afraid to nap, and drink lots of water!

Congratulations again! Very excited to hear your news!

Congratulations! That is very exciting. Who is your sister?

yummy4tummy said:
Gilliann- Thanks for sharing your wonderful news...Congratulations to you and your DH! When is your due date? Have you started picking out names and are you going to try to find out the sex or keep it a surprise? I wish you the best in your pregnancy!

My due date is technically early-mid June, but I got pregnant with DS at the same time two years ago (due June 7th) and had him May 16th. I have never gotten to 37 weeks and I probably never will, so this is probably a May baby-to-be. We have names picked out already, but my family hates them!
We have Alexia and Colton already, so we want a B name, and our last name is Wright, so DH wants the initials to be BMW. Here's what we have right now:
Girl- Brooklyn McKenzie
Boy- Boston Michael

What do you guys think?? Boston came up as a joke because DH is a HUGE red sox's fan, but it has really grown on me and now I really like it. We will find out the sex for sure, and with Colton we found out right before Christmas and told everyone the sex Christmas morning.

I love the name Colton! Very cute.
I had a friend how was a cubs fan and named his daughter Ava Addison because the stadium is on Addison Street!
I am liking Boston Michael but not Brooklyn...would you call her Brooke?

Lacy-That is reassuring knowing that someone can keep up! I guess if anything I will catch up on my CCC's while sitting on the couch. I am REALLY excited to have an excuse to pack lightly for my shows! I have two more in October (Already done three and couldn't figure out why it took me two days to get my crates out of the car! I packed everything and couldn't get the stamina to bring them upstairs!) and I have shows November 3,4,5,10, and 17th! I really hope I have more energy by then!!

Erin & Kristy- Thanks for showing me that it can be done! People have been really negative about how crazy my life is going to be, like I am the first person on the planet to have 3 kids!

ChefBeckyD- I am glad that I inspired you! I had such a good day with my kids because I was paying attention to them, so they didn't act up just to get my attention. It really showed me how often I was on here, and how little time I spent with my babies!!

Nikke-Congrats to you as well! Do you know what you are having yet? My DH isn't very supportive of my PC career, so he wouldn't be caught dead helping me with show stuff, but I am going to pack REALLY lightly and ditch the lapboards for a few months. This is my second pregnancy with PC also, which is why I am so scared. I went inactive a few times during the pregnancy and delivery and don't want to do that. I have three recruits, and don't want to lose them or my FD status!

Sarah- My sister is ChefBridgetA. She joined a while ago, but recently resigned with PC so now she is actively posting here.

Sarah- Brooklyn is the one that I'm not crazy about, but DH likes it. I told him that I am not positive about it, but I figured we could wait to see if it is even an issue before we argue about a name we might not need! He want to call her Brooke too...

I re-read what i wrote and it kinda sounded mean. I DONT LIKE THE NAME YOU CHOSE. that is not what i was trying to sound like, so sorry! oops!

I knew a girl once who was named brooks. I thought it was strange.
I babysat at a homeschool meeting last night and one family had three children named Lizahill, Breck (boy), and Shepley (girl). Unique names! Shepley was the most adorable little thing i had ever seen! I want her!

I like the name Blake Michael for a boy. Or BONO :)
Belle Marie
Bella Marie
Briesa (call her Brie - my friends name)
Brielle

HE HE! I am far from having kids but I love trying to name them!

Names are so hard!When my husband and I were going over names - I thought we would go thru the whole Baby Name Book w/o finding one we both liked! We finally settled on Jacob for a boy.....but never did come to an agreement on a girl's name.....Thank goodness we had a boy!! However - 5 days before our son was born, there was a news report out on the top baby names, and we found out that Jacob was the #1 boys name for 3 yrs in a row! We decided we didn't want him to be the 4th or 5th Jacob in his class, so last minute, we switched to Micah! (hadn't even considered it until then!) And now - we can't even imagine him being anything but Micah!
I think names do grow on you! I like Boston! (have friends who named their son Dallas - big Cowboys fans!) I'm not so sure about Brooklyn - but if you call her Brooke - I like that better! Is your husband secretly wanting to move to the East Coast? (hee hee)

Great news! Congrats and wishing you the best! :D

Sarah- we have actually discussed Blake before, but DH didn't like it. I like Belle, but it reminds me of Beauty and the beast, my best friend's daughter is Isabella, but they call her Bella, so that is out and I had a backstabbing friend named Brie, so that is out too! I didn't take your posts offensively either so don't worry! I wouldn't have asked for opinions if I want everyone to lie to me and say they loved them, LOL!

Becky- the names are kinda funny because Red Sox fans are notorious for hating the Yankees, who play in Brooklyn! We would probably call her Brooke, but that bothers me when people name the child something knowing full well they are going to call them by a nickname or middle name.

Well don't go with Sydney. That is my daughters name and everyone on the planet calls her Cindy. I even get notes home from teachers wrote "Cindy"! I had no clue it would be so difficult when I named her that!

Boston would definately be a unique name! My younger daughter's name is Brianna....you can steal it if you like;) She has lots of nick-names; Bri, Annie, Anna, Breezie...
I know several Brooke or Brooklyn's around here. I love the names of your other two!
I guess you can do a poll like someone else did here once...

Ok, I so had a long post typed out and I lost it.
Anyway, here it is again.

I hate when you know someone and it ruins the name for you. I will never name a child Paige for that reason!

Belle reminds you too much of Beauty and the Beast? That is why i like it. That is my favorite childhood movie. It is also turning out to be the story of my life. My boyfriend is like the beast, strong, outspoken, has a little temper (gets mad when women are mistreated, etc) is hairy (he he!). But he is very tender and gentle towards me and his 4 younger sisters (ages 3, 7, 10, 13). I love it. He can be VERY sweet. And i like to think of myself as Belle. My dad always caled me Sarah Belle, Bellum, or Belle of the Ball!

My childrens names WILL be (wether the husband like it or not! he he)
Girls - Belle Marie, Lily (middle name?)
Boy - Quentin James, call him Quinn (that is my Boyfriend's dad's and brother's name. And James is my dads name.)

gilliandanielle said:
Becky- the names are kinda funny because Red Sox fans are notorious for hating the Yankees, who play in Brooklyn! We would probably call her Brooke, but that bothers me when people name the child something knowing full well they are going to call them by a nickname or middle name.

I totally agree (mostly)! I hate it - and usually correct them immediately - when people call my son (Micah) Mike or worse yet, Mikey! That's NOT HIS NAME!!! (and yes - I meant to shout!)
I do understand it though when you are naming your child for someone else, or he might be a II or III. When I lived in S.C., I had two friends, one named Tripp, and one named Trey - and those were both nicknames because they were both III's. (and wouldn't you rather be called "Tripp" rather than "Homer the III"?)

I think it's so fun to discuss names - but when it's all said and done - just name the baby whatever you like (or can agree on) and everyone else can swallow their opinions! :D

Gil, you should put up a poll on here if you are trying to narrow down a few names!

One of the things I did when I had shows while I was pregnant was always ask for help with my large tote or crate- getting it in and out of the trunk of my jeep. People were always very understanding and always happy to help me.

I am not pregnant and even I want help with that!

gilliandanielle said:
We would probably call her Brooke, but that bothers me when people name the child something knowing full well they are going to call them by a nickname or middle name.

I named my second son Alexander Vincent, and we call him Xander. I love the name Xander, but I wanted to name him something proper, something that I wouldn't mind as president, a doctor, or look silly as a byline in a newspaper. I don't think that's so bad!

Also, I love names that can grow with you through different parts of your life, like Michael.You've got Mikey when they're a kid, Mike as a teenager, and Michael for an adult.

Anyway, have you seen the Unusual Baby Name List from BabyCenter, of subscribers choices for names? Lots of food names, like Banana and Parsley and Butterball! I guess taking a cue from Gwyneth's Apple. You can't do any worse than that!

Hey, speaking of pregnant... Just got this email from my brother:

It looks like Little Jimmy decided not to come out naturally so the doctors
is going to have to go in and get him. Heidi has a 11:00am appointment with
the doctor this Friday then we should be proceeding over to Mainland for
the C-section. Which is good. We were always worried that the water was
going to break around 2:00am and Auntie Anne or Uncle Day Day would become the late night babysitter and getting her dressed for school--wouldn't wish that on anyone-- (what should I wear for school?). I guess it still could happen. Just giving everyone a heads up.

Congrats Gill!!!!! Seems everyone I know is Prego these days... I keep joking that I am not drinking water until next year, I sware it's in the water LMAO!!!

Jennifer- That is a good point about wanting a cute nickname but not wanting them to be doomed for life (Dr. John-John Perry, LOL!). My MIL named my BIL Donald Lee, knowing full well that they were always going to call him Lee, and never Donald. He isn't a junior either! It just bugs me... My nephews real name is Xander, I never thought about him being a doctor with that name!

Sarah- My daughter's middle name is Paige, LOL! Once we know the sex (around Christmas) I will see if we even need a poll!

Anne- Congrats on becoming an Auntie again soon!!

Gillian, you've got to check out Mothering.com and click on discussions. You can be part of the pregnancy club and have fun discussions with other moms at your same stage. Also, they have the most intelligent mom's I've ever seen! Congratulations!

What about Brooke Lynn? :)

OH, and mom had three of us, and we all turned out fine!

I am not super crazy about Brooke or Lynn or Brooklyn, but DH is set on them. I like the quirkier ones like Teagan, Hayden, Quinnlyn, and Reagan but none start with B and DH likes the "normal" names.

Normal? Brooklyn and Boston are normal? They are unique and cute names but no where near normal! he he

Kurt Russell, *deep sigh with love lorn look*, has a son by his first marriage to Season Hubley named Boston.

Yeah you will definately survive 3 kids. Shoot 3, 5 or 7....you adjust!
I must admit though...I actually have four! LOL!! Of course, I must share one of them with his mom so I am actually his omom as in other mom! I grew him in my heart and the other three under my heart!
So that being said....
My children's names are Zachary Michael(13), Andrew William(10 next Monday!), Madelyn Elizabeth (6) and Carolyn Sarah (4). They all have nick names...Zach, Drew, Maddie and Carly.

I do like more unusual names but I DH wanted more old fashioned names.

Hey Gill! Congrats! You know... I told you it would mess up conference!

I have 3 kiddos & we do just fine. Some days I would like to have 3 hooks on the wall to hang them up with just for a little time out...but we make it. I'm just kidding on that by the way. :D

Their names are Emily Christine (4 1/2), Sara Cate (2) and Samuel Robert (8 1/2 months). Being pg with a young toddler is tireing, just take as much help as anyone is willing to offer!

Here's my tests if anyone wants to see something I peed on, LOL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Gilliandanielle/100_2057.jpg

OMG, only you Gill, only you.

Okay, my internet better not act up again. I miss all the juicy stuff. Congrats, congrats on #3:) I hope you have an easy pregnancy. The pic is too much!!

gilliandanielle said:
Here's my tests if anyone wants to see something I peed on, LOL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Gilliandanielle/100_2057.jpg

LMAO!!!!

So, are you sure?

Oh, perfect Linda, I just couldn't find the words, lmao.

jdavis said:
Oh, perfect Linda, I just couldn't find the words, lmao.

You at a loss for words?! I can't believe that!:p

I wasn't sure, that is why I took so many, LOL! I kept taking them and they kept being positive.

Hey Erin,

We like the same names - I have a Zachary Paul (almost 12), Noah John (9) and Madolyn Grace (5 1/2) - We only shortened Zach's name and I thought I would call my daughter Maddie but never have - she actually tells people - I'm Madolyn! Also my last name is common too - Miller (like Smith) and so you have to pick somewhat different names so you're not one of a million! My husband is John Miller and I said no way to another John Miller!

Gillian - whatever name you choose you will love - the heck with the rest of the people - you're the one who'll be talking to your child the most!

Gina Miller

CONGRATULATIONS! I have 7 kids... 6 girls and 1 boy... and now 2 granddaughters also! Mine range from age 24 to 3 and the grandchildren are 1 and 2! ENJOY... they are not little long enough

gilliandanielle said:
I wasn't sure, that is why I took so many, LOL! I kept taking them and they kept being positive.

You were just so excited, you had to be sure! I guess you it can't be any clearer than that! LOL

I forgot to tell my funny story! When we were picking names for my DS mu husband really liked Ryder. I liked it too until we put it with our last name, Wright.....yep.....Ryder Wright. My DH was still pushing for it when I flipped out on him (gotta love pg hormones) and he never brought it up again!! I always win...:)

Gillian- If I may include my 2¢....I like your names as I like "unique" names. I also like unisex names (especially for girls...for professional reasons) There is no reason that I can see that you couldn't use the name Boston for either sex. I wanted to name our child (either boy or girl) Bryce for 3 reasons.

a) it was a unique name (more common now)

b) unisex (sad as is to say, corporate America is still somewhat sexist....better than it WAS but not as good as it needs to be)

c) My DH's first name is Bill ...my maiden name was Rice... since I gave up my last name to him.....(plus it sounded much better than Valliam ...1/2 my name 1/2 his name LOL)

Whatever you choose, just make sure you like the sound of it when repeated OVER AND OVER when you are asserting your motherly rights in the years to come...especially IF you have a "Taurus" child (sorry to all of you that are Taurus' but I speak from MUCH experience LOL) Wishing you all the best!Take care...

.PS my best friend took about 5 PG tests....kept coming out negative...went to Dr..Turns out she was preggers with twins. :eek:

pamperedlinda said:
LMAO!!!!

So, are you sure?

OMG, me too! Yes, Gill, only you would post that pic....well, maybe Anne would too:D lol; maybe you should take another one just to be sure!

Sadly I have taken two since then...

Congrats!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! ENJOY YOUR PREGNANCY AND KEEP US POSTED. I AM JUST NOW GETTING OVER A STOMACH BUG, FEVER, VOMITTING, DIARRHEA, SLEEPING ALL THE TIME, YOU KNOW ALL THAT FUN STUFF :rolleyes: !!
I WILL BE GLAD WHEN I CAN BLAME MY PUKING, PEEING AND LAZINESS ON BABY NUMBER FIVE!!!

DEBBIE

Are you sure you are not preggo now Debbie? If I had a dime for every one of my friends that had the "flu" then a surprise nine months later!

I had to check out this thread... and I got a big laugh over all the pregnancy tests. I thought I was the only person that bad!! I always take more than 2, just to check-hey you never know! I have a 16 month old son, Clay Heath and am going to have my second son on Jan. 12th or 15th (schedualed C-section) I think we are going with Hunter Eugene. (Middle names are reserved for family) So yes, I like not so common names. Good luck w/ your pregnancy!! Oh- I will be up in the middle of the night going potty at least 3x's a night w/ you, so your not alone!
Congrats,
Melissa

I don't know if Hunter will be considered not so common, I know lots of people who have children named Hunter, boys and girls. In fact my cousin just about strangled her step-sister for naming her daughter that since she and her boyfriend had finally agreed on that same name. But she didn't know.

I like Hunter, that is cute! Good luck in your pregnancy!

I took about 4 tests with my daughter. I just couldn't believe after many months of trying that it was positive! My husband actually made me buy a test this week. I haven't taken it yet because I think I'm just sick. I've been really nauseous all day (was with DD too) & tired, in the bathroom most of the day, etc. But I also have a bad cold, right after a week with no sleep because DD had one too. So I think that it's probably that! I'll probably take one tomorrow just to shut him up! I didn't want to today b/c I had a show tonight for his mom & sis & couldn't play it cool if I found out I was! Of course, we're not trying right now--we want to start trying after Thanksgiving b/c I want to be able to go to conference next year!! My goal is to walk as a new director.

I wonder how common names are in certain areas? I am going to be an elementary education teacher and It is so hard to find a name that 10 other kids don't have and then when you do hear one you like the kid turns out to be a pain in the butt and you decide you don't like the name after all... Naming children should be easier!!! Plus you always have a family member that has something negative to say, urgh! But yes, it is all worth it. Good luck w/ names!!
Hunter for a girl?? Hmm... never would have thought of that one!
Melissa

YAY GILLY!!! YAY GILLY!!! <<does the happy dance>> I get to be an auntie again! You know....you could always go with Bridget for the B name is cutie is a little girl. :) But,I suppose... I'm in favor of Boston over Brooklyn too if you can't go with Bridget. Thanks for telling me first btw! You are right, I would have cried if ya hadn't told me before I read it here. Love ya G!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sklay723
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
Jill092375
Replies
Views