• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exchanging Guest Specials: What Should I Do?

In summary, the customer tried to exchange a guest special, but was told they could not. The customer then contacted the solution center and was told they would exchange it.
Jen1409
Ok in my last post I mentioned exchanging the guest special
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f19/exchange-guest-special-64460/

I just got off the phone with the solution center and they don't do exchanges on the free items.

Do I give her my copy of the cookbook she wanted and suck it up or just tell her she can't exchange it?

I would personally give her the copy of the cookbook she wanted, but that's just me.

Call HO back and ask again. Unless they changed policy without telling us the operator was mistaken.

I've exchanged guest specials before. Now I'm not sure about exchanging cookbooks, I always thought those were just like our spices where you cannot exchange them.

Okay I just went back and read your original post. Did you try to contact her more than once or did you just pick because she was an outside order?

I picked because it was late at night (10pm ish)

I don't think it is a "no exchanges on cookbooks" thing. I have had exchanges on cookbooks in the past for guests. (It wasn't a guest special - it was a regular item they paid for.)

So, I don't know why they wouldn't switch it out, guest special or not.

Jen1409 said:
I picked because it was late at night (10pm ish)

If they will not exchange it for you - which I know they have exchanged guest specials in the past before - then I would suck it up.

I know they have too ... I agree with Beth. Call again. I know some people may be new.

They will exchange it because I just did one last night. My hostess oredered a cookbook she already owned. FedEx is picking it up today and is exchanging it for the Simply Sweet cookbook as soon as the receive it at the HO.

P.S. When I have exchanges I also give my host the 1-888-our chef number and tell them to call to "see if they received the item." By doing so, they will look up the reference number, see that the item has been received and quickly get it processed. If they don't it could takes weeks for the HO to manually enter the transaction.

Chefgirl2 said:
They will exchange it because I just did one last night. My hostess oredered a cookbook she already owned. FedEx is picking it up today and is exchanging it for the Simply Sweet cookbook as soon as the receive it at the HO.

P.S. When I have exchanges I also give my host the 1-888-our chef number and tell them to call to "see if they received the item." By doing so, they will look up the reference number, see that the item has been received and quickly get it processed. If they don't it could takes weeks for the HO to manually enter the transaction.

Thanks I'll try calling again tonight

called again today got a super helpful rep and she's exchanging it for me

:chef:Yeah, Jen, I'm glad you got the right rep and it all worked out ok!

What is the process for exchanging guest specials?

To exchange a guest special, you will need to contact Pampered Chef's Customer Care team at 1-888-687-2433. They will be able to assist you with finding a replacement item and processing the exchange.

How long do I have to exchange a guest special?

The guest special exchange period is usually 30 days from the date of purchase. However, this may vary for certain promotions or products. It is best to contact Customer Care for specific details.

Can I exchange a guest special for a different item?

Yes, you can exchange a guest special for a different item as long as it is of equal or greater value. If the new item is of greater value, you will be responsible for paying the difference.

What if the guest special I received is damaged or defective?

If your guest special arrives damaged or defective, please contact Customer Care immediately for assistance. They will be able to arrange for a replacement or refund.

Can I exchange a guest special for cash?

No, guest specials cannot be exchanged for cash. They can only be exchanged for a different item or refunded in the original form of payment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Poll