• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Would You Do? I Got Home Tonight and Realized That Since I

In summary, the host made a mistake and did not charge tax and shipping on one customer's order. The guest was not upset because she knew the host was working on getting orders and the guest would get her money back.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
What would you do? I got home tonight and realized that since I didn't have the address in for my host for Sunday that the guest (yes only one buying guest) wasn't charged tax and shipping. It's a $6 error. Should I call the guest and let her know or just take it upon myself and write it off?

Re: Wwyd?I would cover it.

Re: Wwyd?How did the host take it to only get one order? Is she getting outside orders?

Re: Wwyd?
BlessedWifeMommy said:
How did the host take it to only get one order? Is she getting outside orders?

She's a gal who works across the street from me and warned me she may not have that many people there. She said she had several people who still want to place orders. I also had a couple extra orders I'll throw on her show.

Re: Wwyd?Is it a qualifying party with her order?If so, I'd cover it.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Is it a qualifying party with her order?

If so, I'd cover it.

The party has not qualified yet, the host is still workign on getting orders.

Re: Wwyd?Honestly, I don't see whay you should have to cover it, you just made a mistake that can easily be corrected. If you overcharged, I'm sure you would fix the problem by retruning the extra, and likewise I would expect a customer to return money to me if for some reason I gave them too much (for example too much change for a payment). Therefore I see no reason why she should be upset at having to pay the correct amount, even if you initially gave her the wrong total.

I would just call and say something like, "I'm just calling to let you know that I made a mistake and left off your shipping charge when I gave you your total at the show, as not all of the address info I needed was in my software. The actual amount is $X. You can get the remaining $6 to me by either mailing a check or giving it to the host to pass on to me. Sorry about the mistake, I hope you enjoy your products when they arrive! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you."

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Re: Wwyd?Particularly if you're going to be talking with the host more, just pass it along - the host will understand. They should pay for the mistake (they read the form, too!)

Re: Wwyd?I would absolutely call the guest and just tell them that you are so very sorry, but that you inadvertenly forgot to figure in tax and shipping! (Hmmm......maybe the "old fashioned way with paper receipts isn't too bad afterall??? :D JK!!)

c00p said:
I would absolutely call the guest and just tell them that you are so very sorry, but that you inadvertenly forgot to figure in tax and shipping! (Hmmm......maybe the "old fashioned way with paper receipts isn't too bad afterall??? :D JK!!)

That thought crossed my mind but this has only happened once since I started bringing my laptop!

1. What is "What Would You Do?"

"What Would You Do?" is a popular game and party activity offered by Pampered Chef where players have to make decisions on what they would do in different scenarios and situations.

2. How many players can participate in "What Would You Do?"

The game can be played with 4-10 players, making it a great option for small gatherings or parties.

3. Is there a specific age range for playing "What Would You Do?"

The game is recommended for ages 12 and up, but younger players can also participate with adult supervision.

4. Can I customize the scenarios in "What Would You Do?"

Yes, you have the option to create your own scenarios or modify existing ones to make the game more personalized and fun for your group.

5. How long does it take to play "What Would You Do?"

The game typically takes about 30-45 minutes to play, but this can vary depending on the number of players and the length of discussions for each scenario.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • Karen