• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exchange Due to Customer Mistake

In summary, the conversation discusses how to handle product adjustments due to customer or consultant mistakes. The options for returning products are also mentioned, including FedEx pick-up and using the customer service email address. There is also a personal experience shared about a guest who took the wrong item and did not return it on time for the FedEx pick-up. The conversation ends with a question about how to handle returns in the first 30 days and the convenience of having FedEx drop-off locations nearby.
kam
Staff member
First product adjustment here...

OK, I keep reading about exchanges due to customer or consultant mistakes...but when I go to CC and go online to product adjustment, the only reasons listed are:
Product Missing
Product Damaged
Product arrived that was not originally ordered

None of these fit that it was a mistake. When this is the case, do you call and make the product adjustment or choose one of those options online? If I call it in, do I tell the person I am speaking to that the customer wrote down the wrong info?

Thanks!

Yes, I just had to do this today! They will have FedEx pick up the package from either you or the customer and will send them the new product upon receipt. You need to know how the customer is going to pay the difference if there is one. Also, they will give you a reference number that must appear on the package that is sent to them. If it's within 30 days, HO pays for the shipping! :)

Yes, I would use the customer service email address and tell them the customer ordered product #----and the name of the product, but she really wanted product #----and the name of the product. Ask for them to pick up the received product and they will email you a confermation/reference number and have FedEx pick up and then they will send the new products. I will tell you that this happened to me and it has been over 2 weeks since the pick up and I still have not received the replacement products. So, let the guest know it could take a few days.

Is this True: FedEx does not pick up on Mondays?I called HO last night and they made the Product Adj for me. VERY EASY!

VENT Warning
This is for a guest who is at my work (the host is at my work also). I decide that I can handle the return since my host only has BIG boxes from her show and since I am getting things from PC all the time anyway, I have smaller boxes to use. Also, this host was wonderful, so I would like to take care of this so she does not have to.

Here's the thing though....

Yesterday (Thursday) the guest informs me she got the wrong item. (She changed her order with the host - I must have gotten the paper with the "old" order.) So I tell the guest that I will be able to take care of that for her and we would have to send the RUFTH trivet back and we can get her the cooling rack. At this point I did not know how the return would work, so I did not take the trivet.

Last night I call HO and get everything arranged. They tell me FedEx will come today (Friday). I tell HO that I do not have the product, but I will have it on Friday evening to put out on Saturday. HO tells me FedEx will make 3 attempts at picking up the object - so no big deal about it not being on my porch on Friday.

So I go to the guest today (Fri) to get the trivet so I can return it - AND she took it home - AND DIDN'T BRING IT BACK!!!

I asked her for the trivet so I could return it for her to get her desired item...and she says "Oh, I brought it home." I asked her if she realized that I would have to return the trivet. She said "Yes, but I didn't want to leave it here." Which makes sense...but WHY WOULDN'T SHE BRING IT BACK today????

So now, Fed Ex comes today (Fri), Sat and Monday. I won't have it until Tuesday to set out! My 3 pickup attempts are over by Tuesday.

I called HO and they said they could not delay the pickup. But HO told me FedEx won't come on Monday. Is this true?? (I put a note on my door telling the FedEx driver I would not have the package until Tuesday--has anyone noticed if that helps?)

I don't have a problem making the return for this guest - but now I know to have the product IN HAND before making the call.

Now a question:
How does everyone handle the returns in the first 30 days? Do you let the guest deal with shipping the product back, refer them to the host and let the host ship it back, or do you handle it? Do you make the determination based on whose "mistake" it is??

I drop it off at a local FedEx place, but that might not be handy for many folks.

There are FedEx drops all around my neighborhood. There is one 2 blocks from my house, another in front of the grocery store I go to most often, one by my son's school, etc.

The ticket HO sends has a tracking number on it, so I don't worry about putting it in a drop box.

You might try calling your local FedEx depot and ask them not to stop.

FedEx Home delivery days are Tuesday-Saturday. So, yes, No fedex on Mondays.

And I have the host or customer deal with their returns. I don't handle them.

I'd just take the box into work and let the customer send it back.

kspry said:
There are FedEx drops all around my neighborhood. There is one 2 blocks from my house, another in front of the grocery store I go to most often, one by my son's school, etc.

Actually, that brings up an interesting point. HO said I could drop it off at a Kinko's/FedEx location - I asked if it could just be a FedEx location. And HO told me it had to be with Kinkos. I do not have any Kinkos near me. I thought this was strange. So we can drop it off any ANY FedEx drop off????

Also, they are not sending a label. When I asked about how to address the box, HO told me the FedEx driver would have it with him to put on the box.

So I can't drop it off anywhere and I can't turn it over to the customer now.

finley1991 said:
FedEx Home delivery days are Tuesday-Saturday. So, yes, No fedex on Mondays.
Thanks!

Oh - I've always gotten a FedEx label sent to me.
I really don't understand why they're insisting on a Kinko's. Why not call HO?

kspry said:

Kinko's is owned by Fed-Ex.....and it's cheaper for Fed-Ex to have you take it there vs. having a truck come pick it up, although much more inconvenient for us........hopefully this won't be an issue anymore if the the rumors are true about Fed-Ex being on their way out as our shipping vendor.

kspry said:

This board is SO helpful for everything! See, now I will know to ask for a label and just take it to a FedEx myself!

Actually, I think I will not do this in the future.

But, since it was my first Product Adjustment, it will be nice to handle it. I will also get to see what paperwork comes in the box. HO said there was no updated receipt that could be given to the customer. So, I will see for myself what comes in the box. Plus, the guest thinks it is the hosts fault and they would want the host to deal with it - but my host was wonderful - so I guess I am really doing this for her.

Thanks!

it's cheaper for Fed-Ex to have you take it there vs. having a truck come pick it up

I understand the part where it is cheaper to have us drop things off - I don't understand by it has to be a Kinko's. There aren't many Kinko's places by me, but there are a lot of storefront places that ship FedEx.

kspry said:
I don't understand by it has to be a Kinko's.

Fed Ex owns Kinko's or Kinko's owns Fed Ex... one or the other, so every Kinko's is also a FedEx pickup/drop off station.

1. What is the policy for exchanging products due to a customer's mistake?

Our policy for exchanging products due to a customer's mistake is that the product must be returned within 30 days of purchase, in its original packaging and in unused condition. A copy of the original receipt or proof of purchase is also required for the exchange.

2. Can I exchange a product if I accidentally ordered the wrong item?

Yes, you can exchange a product if you accidentally ordered the wrong item. As long as the product is returned within 30 days of purchase, in its original packaging and in unused condition, we will be happy to exchange it for the correct item.

3. Are there any fees associated with exchanging a product due to my mistake?

No, there are no fees associated with exchanging a product due to a customer's mistake. However, any shipping costs for returning the product to us will be the responsibility of the customer.

4. Can I exchange a product if I used it but didn't like it?

Unfortunately, our exchange policy only applies to products that are unused and in their original packaging. If you have used the product and do not like it, we recommend reaching out to our customer service team for assistance.

5. How long does it take to process an exchange due to a customer's mistake?

The processing time for an exchange due to a customer's mistake may vary. Once we receive the returned product, it can take 7-10 business days for us to process the exchange and ship out the new product to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • jrstephens
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • kam