• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Essential Laptop Tips and Recommendations for Optimal Performance

In summary, the conversation is about the best laptop to purchase. The participants discuss the benefits of using a Mac, the options available on the website cnet.com, and the features to consider when buying a laptop. They mention that a minimum of 1 GB RAM is needed, but 2 GB is recommended for better performance. They also suggest seeking advice from someone who is knowledgeable about computers.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
I have decided that owning a laptop is not a luxury, it is a nessesity, and I want one.
Does anyone have any pros & cons to what is out there?
What works best for the best money.
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
TIA

go to www.cnet.com

It's where I go when I am looking for electronics. They have reviews from experts and consumers.

I'm a little biased, but I say Mac all the way! They seem a little more than Windows machines, but they come with a boatload of software, and are more secure than Windows. You will need to use a program like Boot Camp or Parallels to run windows so that you can run PP/P3.

There are also some little design features that are soooooo nice, like a magnetic power cable connection, so it disconnects when you trip on the cord, rather than pulling your computer off the table. :)

etteluap70PC said:
go to www.cnet.com

It's where I go when I am looking for electronics. They have reviews from experts and consumers.
That site is confusing me, maybe I'm a dork, IDK?

Ann, I am terrified of MAC's, don't know why, but I am

I'm on my second Dell Inspiron and I love it! Dell offers lots of options for customizing and usually have some sort of promotion. I've bought both online at www.dell.com. The first one that I bought 6 years ago still works, but is outdated. I've had this one a little over a year and take it with me to my shows. I only enter names with orders and then come home and plug in addresses etc. before I close a show. It's worked out great!

My brother and BIL just recently got MacBooks, as did a close friend of mine, and they LOVE them. The guys have little babies, and can make videos to share with us so easily - we're jealous! DH says when we're ready to get a new laptop (we have 2 desktops and 2 laptops - don't see that happening anytime soon! LOL!), we'll get a MacBook. And, for those who are "nervous" or "scared" of them, you can go to any Apple store and take a free class on how to use it. That's what my girlfriend did (she's computer challenged, and it was a big help for her) My brother and BIL understood it immediately, but they're an engineer and a tech help desk supervisor, respectively! :)

well.... do you know any features you would like to have? memory? storage? wireless?

go to cnet an click on reviews then laptops. you can pick ways of sorting what you are looking for like if you are looking in a specific price range, or if you like a specific manufacturer. I like Toshibas so I usually click there first and narow my search from there.

Any machine you buy will probably have vista and if you will be running P3 I reccomend getting something with a duo processor, 2 GIG's of RAM and at least an 80GIG hard drive.

AM which is minimum for new machines with windows Vista operation systems but it will run much better with 2gig's. Also pay attention to which version of Vista it is. Home eddition is very basic. I would go for the home premium or business eddition.

If you have anyone you know that is computer savy I would definetly chat with them.

HTH... I know all this is really confusing. I have been doing alot of research because I am in the market for a new one myself.

well.... do you know any features you would like to have? memory? storage? wireless?

go to cnet an click on reviews then laptops. you can pick ways of sorting what you are looking for like if you are looking in a specific price range, or if you like a specific manufacturer. I like Toshibas so I usually click there first and narow my search from there.

Any machine you buy will probably have vista and if you will be running P3 I reccomend getting something with a duo processor, 2 GIG's of RAM and at least an 80GIG hard drive.

1 Gig RAM is minimum for most new machines with windows Vista operation systems but it will run much better with 2gig's. Also pay attention to which version of Vista it is. Home eddition is very basic. I would go for the home premium or business eddition.

If you have anyone you know that is computer savy I would definetly chat with them.

HTH... I know all this is really confusing. I have been doing alot of research because I am in the market for a new one myself.

I have a toshiba and LOVE it! My dad has had his for 3 years and nothing bad has happened to it! My sony was nice, but I had 3 problems with it over 3 years that were so bad it had to be sent in for all of them (not fun for a college student!). The sony died. Period. After about 4.5 years, it slowly died. First battery couldn't hold a charge, then power cord wouldn't work and for the almost $200 for a new cord, a new laptop at 6x that was a way better investment!

Mac's really are awesome but if you are used to a PC it can be a little difficult to switch. Great idea though about taking a class!

Iv'e had my Toshiba for over 4 years and have taken it to over 125 shows. It has traveled across country with me a few times as well. I have had NO problems except needing a new battery. Battery life is usually the biggest complaint about Toshibas but you can spring for a better battery or get a spare if it is a big issue.

Oh, and I forgot to tell you what I have - I have a Toshiba Satellite (2 years old) and it works well. Just upgraded to 1GB memory and I am still using Windows XP (not Vista). Works great. DH has a Dell, not sure what type, I can find out for you (his screen is huge, too!).

Welcome home Melissa !!! How is your puppy? How was conference? I thought about you guys the whole time knowing what I was missing. Was it everything you thought and more ??!!! Regarding lap tops I love my Gateway and I just got my daughter a Gateway for her graduation, I think the screens are better and with typing so much the keyboard is great. I can bring mine to the sales meeting on Tues but knowing you you will already have yours !!!! Let me know. I hope you took lots of pictures. Jane PS Did Robin have the Limo for you guys ????

Related to Essential Laptop Tips and Recommendations for Optimal Performance

What are the best laptops for Pampered Chef consultants?

The best laptops for Pampered Chef consultants are lightweight, have a long battery life, and have a fast processor. Some popular options include the Macbook Air, Microsoft Surface Pro, and Dell XPS 13.

Can I use a tablet instead of a laptop for my Pampered Chef business?

While tablets can be convenient for some tasks, a laptop is generally recommended for Pampered Chef consultants as it allows for easier multitasking and has more storage capabilities. However, if you prefer using a tablet, make sure it has a good processor and enough storage space.

Do I need a specific operating system for my Pampered Chef laptop?

There is no specific operating system required for Pampered Chef consultants. As long as your laptop meets the minimum requirements and can run the necessary software, you can use any operating system you are comfortable with.

What are the minimum specifications for a Pampered Chef laptop?

The minimum specifications for a Pampered Chef laptop include at least 8GB of RAM, a fast processor (Intel i5 or above), and at least 256GB of storage. It is also recommended to have a touch screen and a long battery life for convenience.

Are there any discounts or deals available for Pampered Chef laptops?

Pampered Chef does not have any specific discounts or deals for laptops. However, you may be able to find discounts through your consultant network or by checking for sales at your local electronics store. It is also worth considering refurbished laptops for cost savings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Endora
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Careyann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Careyann
  • rebeccastt