• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Laptop Recommendations for Your Next Purchase: Toshiba, HP, or Dell?

I am happy with my Toshiba laptop. I don't think you would go wrong with any of them. HP is my recommendation though; obviously just a little more pricey than the others.
SusanBP0129
I need to buy a new laptop.
:mad:
Please tell me your experiences/recommendations.
Toshiba Satellite? HP? Dell?
All input is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

I have a Toshiba Satellite (A-135-S4477) and I am very happy with it. It's much more computer than I need, but it was mismarked in the store so I got it for the same price as the lower-end model! I was going to buy an HP Pavillion until I came across this deal.

I got a Dell last year - I am really happy with it.

I have an HP, a Dell, and a Toshiba all in my house. The HP is my favorite and the one I decided to put PP3 on so I use it now the most frequently. I've never been a big fan of Dell but it was pretty cheap so we got one. The Toshiba I just got. It have Vista on it and since I'm not used to that system, I rarely use it. All 3 seem to be great computers though. I don't think you would go wrong with any of them. HP is my recommendation though; obviously just a little more pricey than the others.
Good luck searching and researching!

I like to use cnet.com to research any tech purchases I make. I have found it very helpful. I have had my toshiba for 4 years and it's still going strong. I will be getting another one this fall.

I bought a Gateway last year. I love it!!!

I have a Toshiba Satellite as well and absolutely LOVE it! I had Sony's before and I have had waaay less problems (none actually) with my Toshiba compared to my Sony!

I have a Dell and have had no problems with it either!

I've got a HP and a Dell. Both work great. I just love my HP it has so many other features that I get to use when I'm not working on business. And I've also noticed that HP is alot cheaper then Dell. So if money is an issue, I would look at HP and Toshiba then going with Dell. Also if you are looking to purchase a warranty along with your laptop, HP's warranty is great. Dell's warranty sucks now that they have changed it and isn't worth it. I agree with Paulette check out cnet.com for reviews on laptops. But also look at the warranties that the company offers too.

We purchased a Toshiba Satellite and love it. No problems.
Like Linda it was bigger then we needed (so I thought) but I think this size works better with the new Vista program which I hear is a large program.

HTH-
Kelly

After working on over 400 Dells in the last 4 years, I would shy away from Dell Laptops...they are great for the first year or two, but tend to develop a lot of problems after year 2...motherboards providing less power to peripherals, etc., etc. Replacement parts and memory upgrades are higher. I've had much better luck with HPs...

Sorry, can't honestly weigh in on Sony or Toshiba, but I'd chose an HP any day over Dell.

Go to cnet or similar place and read up on the reviews...

I have a dell. I love it. My mom bought an HP at the same time I bought mine, she has had problems with her's. I haven't had any problems.

Also, we should note...what models are you looking at????

Each product line has its decent ones and it's low-end cheaper part, won't last as long ones...

I also caution against Dell. I have one I have had for a few years and it has begun having problems. Because I worked on computers in the AF, I've been able to work on it myself but what a pain! And as I researched, I learned Dell often develop problems.

I just bought a new laptop for PC. I thoroughly researched on CNET.com, as previously suggested. It will walk you through the process based on what you want it to do. And I purchased from TigerDirect.com. I got a fantastic deal ($600) because I was willing to purchase an "open box" item. My computer has EVERYTHING I wanted. Oh, it's a Gateway (which I also checked reviews on CNET.com about) with an Intel Centrino processor. (Highly suggest you stay away from Celeron M processors; they're cheaper but don't perform as well and suck up battery power in general.) It does have a ding on the corner of the case but I could care less and it doesn't affect the performance AT ALL!

Good Luck!

Thanks, ladies. This is a hot item on my list of things to have, before we
hit the road with our RV this summer. Are there any accessories you would
recommend for the Toshiba, when traveling?

I'm on my second Dell. The one I bought 6 years ago is still running and I haven't had any problems with this one that I bought a year ago.

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 9400 last year... I LOVE IT..... I have a 17 inch montor on it..... I found it on the small business side on the dell website!!

Dell laptops, or any for that matter.
PamperedChefDebi said:
I also caution against Dell. I have one I have had for a few years and it has begun having problems. Because I worked on computers in the AF, I've been able to work on it myself but what a pain! And as I researched, I learned Dell often develop problems.

I just bought a new laptop for PC. I thoroughly researched on CNET.com, as previously suggested. It will walk you through the process based on what you want it to do. And I purchased from TigerDirect.com. I got a fantastic deal ($600) because I was willing to purchase an "open box" item. My computer has EVERYTHING I wanted. Oh, it's a Gateway (which I also checked reviews on CNET.com about) with an Intel Centrino processor. (Highly suggest you stay away from Celeron M processors; they're cheaper but don't perform as well and suck up battery power in general.) It does have a ding on the corner of the case but I could care less and it doesn't affect the performance AT ALL!

Good Luck!

Dells are cheaper now because you can't expand the mother boards as once could. Also the Customer svc is awful, outsouced to INDIA. My India friends who are smart work with computers, are physician's etc, the ones with Dell must be the not so smart guys/women!!!

lizcooks4u said:
Dells are cheaper now because you can't expand the mother boards as once could. Also the Customer svc is awful, outsouced to INDIA. My India friends who are smart work with computers, are physician's etc, the ones with Dell must be the not so smart guys/women!!!

Yep, that was another thing I discovered in my research. Isn't that crazy?

I bought my dell a year ago... I haven't had any problems with it...... I had a Toshiba before that... I only had it two years.... and the screen cracked and it stop connecting to the net it was cheeper to buy a new laptop rather than fix that one!!

I have an ACER and my hubby has an HP. We love them both! Haven't had any problems in 2 years (Acer) and 3 years (HP). We works for IBM and does NOT recommend the IBM thinkpad at all! In fact, he calls it the stinkpad.
I really depends on what programs you want, how much you're willing to spend, etc.

I just bought an HP laptop yesterday - and I love it!! A friend of mine whose business is computers suggests HP and Compaq as his choices. It's so fun to have a new computer:)

1. What are the minimum system requirements for a Pampered Chef laptop?

The minimum system requirements for a Pampered Chef laptop include at least 8GB of RAM, an Intel Core i5 or higher processor, and at least 256GB of storage. It is also recommended to have a dedicated graphics card for optimal performance.

2. Is a touchscreen necessary for a Pampered Chef laptop?

No, a touchscreen is not necessary for a Pampered Chef laptop. However, it can be helpful for certain tasks such as scrolling through recipes or organizing ingredients.

3. Can I use a Mac for my Pampered Chef laptop?

Yes, you can use a Mac for your Pampered Chef laptop. However, some Pampered Chef software and programs may not be compatible with Mac operating systems. It is recommended to check with your IT department or Pampered Chef representative for more information.

4. What type of battery life should I look for in a Pampered Chef laptop?

Aim for a minimum of 8 hours of battery life for a Pampered Chef laptop. This will ensure that you have enough power to last throughout a full day of cooking and recipe testing.

5. Are there any specific brands that are preferred for Pampered Chef laptops?

There is no specific brand that is preferred for Pampered Chef laptops. It is more important to focus on the minimum system requirements and choose a brand that is known for reliability and durability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
thebowman
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
robochick84
Replies