• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Laptop Recommendations for Business Use | Affordable & Reliable Options

In summary, the conversation is about different people sharing their experiences with different laptop brands and their recommendations for a new laptop. They mention Dell, HP, Compaq, Toshiba, and Mac as possible options. They also discuss the importance of backing up data and taking care of the laptop, as well as meeting each other in person. The overall tone is positive and helpful.
legacypc46
Gold Member
My current laptop is wheezing, gasping, whining and making all kinds of disconcerting noises. It's also started locking up at very inopportune moments. I'm afraid that it isn't going to last much longer. (I've backed everything up just in case it's demise is sooner than later.)

Any recommendations out there for a basic, light, and relatively inexpensive laptop? I use this only for business so I don't need any bells and whistles...other than a CD/DVD player for training. From personal experience Gateway is not an option for me and I'm a little disappointed that this HP is struggling after less than two years.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

PM'd you - I think you just may need to clean house and format/reinstall windows. HPs are known to last MUCH longer.

The only real recommendation I have it to ALWAYS have a lid on your cup when near your PC! :blushing:

Mine is a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4477 and I love it. It's got way more bells and whistles than I need, but it was mismarked at the store so I got a steal of a deal on it.

I have a Compaq and I Love it. Even though I was so opposed to laptops----I will now never have a desk top ever again!! LOL

DH I think has a IBM Think Pad and likes his too..

I have a Dell and love it. I had a CD Writier problem when I first got it but they rushed me a new one and it has been great ever since then. I called Dell and told them what all I would be using it for and they helped me decide what all I needed on it.

Well, I'm a little biased, but Mac all the way, baby!! My 13" MacBook is light and cute. And because they're Intel based, you can install Windows as a secondary operating system to run P3 (although, shhh... HO is working on a Mac version).

DELL!!! If you go to their website you can get just about anything you want and they usually have some great deals! I got mine for a little less than half price that way. The local box store had the same laptop for $1300+ and I only paid $650 from Dell. Also you can still get XP only from Dell.

pamperedlinda said:
The only real recommendation I have it to ALWAYS have a lid on your cup when near your PC! :blushing:

hmmmm, I have heard that's a good thing to do.... :)

I love my Compaq!

I love my HP, which is owned by the same place as Compaq. ;)

I also have a compaq and I really love it. It's light and works great. I'm very happy with it!

I am loving my Dell... Got it in April. I got alot of laptop for the money. Mine is not light since I went for the battery upgrade but it is a bit smaller than my Toshiba.

Hijack:

Linda, I'm so glad you're in Wave 3. Can't wait to meet you!
Kris

I'm looking forward to meeting you too Kris!

You two are going to get on like a house afire.You know... people running from the room, screaming. :)

chefann said:
You two are going to get on like a house afire.

You know... people running from the room, screaming. :)
You say that like it's a bad thing :p

I also bought a Dell in April...and I absolutely Love it...I would recommend it to anyone.

1. What are the top laptop recommendations for business use?

Some of the top laptop recommendations for business use include the Dell XPS 13, HP Spectre x360, Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, Apple MacBook Pro, and Microsoft Surface Laptop.

2. Are there any affordable options for business laptops?

Yes, there are many affordable options for business laptops such as the Acer Aspire 5, ASUS VivoBook 15, Dell Inspiron 15, HP Pavilion 14, and Lenovo IdeaPad 3.

3. Which laptops are known for their reliability?

The Dell Latitude series, Lenovo ThinkPad series, HP EliteBook series, Apple MacBook Pro, and Microsoft Surface Laptop are all known for their reliability and durability.

4. Can these laptops handle heavy business tasks?

Yes, each of these laptops is equipped with powerful processors and enough RAM to handle heavy business tasks such as multitasking, running multiple programs, and handling large data sets.

5. Do any of these laptops come with long battery life?

Yes, some of these laptops have longer battery life than others. The Dell XPS 13, HP Spectre x360, and Microsoft Surface Laptop all have a battery life of up to 10 hours or more, making them great for on-the-go business use.

Back