• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Postcard Invites for HWC Fundraisers: Tips and Ideas

help!!!!Well, if I choose full color printing, it looks right. But when I choose grayscale printing, it goes bold and I can't change...help!!!!If you print your postcards in grayscale, you can't change the font, but you can change the color of the ribbon.
Firegirl
What about postcard invites especially for HWC fundraisers? Is there such a thing out there? Anyone desgin their own for mass mailing?

My Weekend to End Breast Cancer team, is holding a fundrasier, and I want to send invites to my list of 100 and the other 6 girls are gonna do the same.

Any info will help. thanks

Merrill has some that would be personalized with your name/info!

Ann~

That postcard looks GREAT!! (and probably about 1/4 of the cost of Merrills!!!)

How did you do the ribbon? Was that actually one of their designs and you just added the text?

BTW, I didn't even look at Merrill's price- that's INSANE!!!

I used one of Vista Print's designs.

If you go to their site, you can search the postcard templates for a keyword. I searched on Ribbon and selected one that had a red, white and blue ribbon. Then I changed the color scheme (I love that the little burst in the corner is brown, just like the accent color on the Host special flyer for May!), and changed the picture. To change the pic, double-click and use their search function to search for "pink ribbon".

I played around with the fonts, and the info on the back is the same text as the Merrill cards. I got 250 for the same $ as 50 from Merrill. And they have my name/address, plus info about ordering online.
I attached the back.

Attachments

• pcback.jpg
    pcback.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 444
Plus, Erin (firegirl) is in Canada, and they can't order from Merrill. But they can order from Vista Print.

Really cute, Ann! I REALLY wanted to order the ones from Merrill, but I just cannot rationalize that AT ALL. Especially, like you said, when we want our hosts to send out 40 invites. I am planning my own HWC show and I have a LONG LONG list of people to invite, I don't know that I can afford it!!

Vista Print has 100 postcards FREE when you go to www.vistaprint.com/spring07 first. And when I ordered mine, they gave me the option to add 150 to the order for, I think, $18. So I ended up ordering 250 total!I WISH that I could get their referral link to work so I could get some Vista Cash from folks ordering these. :) But the email with the link never gets to me. Darn.

Vista PrintGreat Work..... I need these postcards. thanks:D

Firegirl said:
What about postcard invites especially for HWC fundraisers? Is there such a thing out there? Anyone desgin their own for mass mailing?

My Weekend to End Breast Cancer team, is holding a fundrasier, and I want to send invites to my list of 100 and the other 6 girls are gonna do the same.

Any info will help. thanks
I uploaded a photo of mine several weeks ago. They are the 100 Free ones's from Vistaprint. I have made 3 orders so now i have 300 FREE postcards.

Remember to use your ebates accounts to get 10% cash back on those vistaprint orders!!Here is my referrel code, if you don't mind...we would both get $5 once you make your first purchase by clicking on the merchant's link through ebates!http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?id=31690313

jenniferknapp said:
Remember to use your ebates accounts to get 10% cash back on those vistaprint orders!!

Here is my referrel code, if you don't mind...we would both get $5 once you make your first purchase by clicking on the merchant's link through ebates!

http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?id=31690313

ACK!!
Wishing I had read this post LAST night before I placed a vistaprint order :(

Ann,
I'm losing my mind, trying to set up my post card to be like yours. I want exactly the same except for my personal info? any help is apprecaited.
firegirl
/erininsley

Firegirl said:
Ann,
I'm losing my mind, trying to set up my post card to be like yours. I want exactly the same except for my personal info? any help is apprecaited.
firegirl
/erininsley

I've been working on the very same thing! I got the front to look like I want, but the print on the back is too bold. I click on bold and nothing changes! Arghhhh!!!! I'm getting so frustrated!!!!
Ann, if you're out there, help!!!!!!

chefjenibel said:
I've been working on the very same thing! I got the front to look like I want, but the print on the back is too bold. I click on bold and nothing changes! Arghhhh!!!! I'm getting so frustrated!!!!
Ann, if you're out there, help!!!!!!

Well, if I choose full color printing, it looks right. But when I choose grayscale printing, it goes bold and I can't change it!

Well, crud.

I had instructions typed out in a note to Carolyn last night, thought I saved them (well, the message) and didn't. Drat!

Jen- I don't know why the text it coming out bold for you. I used Arial, 10 pt. (I think). Sorry I can't help with that.

Erin- Once you get to the postcards area, type "ribbon" in the box to search for templates. The one you want will be on the 3rd (I think) page, lower right. It's a blue card with blue ribbon. Once you select it, click the "Change color scheme" link on the left and choose "Blush". Then edit the text as necessary. Double-click the ribbon to change it, and use "pink ribbon" as the search phrase. I think the one I used was on the 2nd page of results. Go to the back by clicking "next." I went with greyscale on the back because I'm cheap. Click the "change template" link, and select "Mailers." Pick the one you want, and add your text. It took several text boxes for me to do so because of how the font and size apply to everything within the selected text box.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thank you for all the pointers, Ann. It took me a while to figure out to open the link using Explorer and not Mozilla. My brother in law put Mozilla on here saying it was better. All I have is trouble with it. I cannot enter Merrill or VIP from Mozilla. Apparently i cannot modify any postcards or anything else in Vista print from Mozilla either. So if anyone else out there is having trouble and is using Mozilla, try Explorer. Kristi

KRISTI'SCOOKING said:
Thank you for all the pointers, Ann. It took me a while to figure out to open the link using Explorer and not Mozilla. My brother in law put Mozilla on here saying it was better. All I have is trouble with it. I cannot enter Merrill or VIP from Mozilla. Apparently i cannot modify any postcards or anything else in Vista print from Mozilla either. So if anyone else out there is having trouble and is using Mozilla, try Explorer. Kristi
Vista Print is an Explorer only site if you want to do any editing of products.

Kristi- I can get into Merrill and VIP using Mozilla. That's what I use at home, primarily. Weird.

post cardsWell, i finally succeeeded at making these little suckers. I love them, and I was able to get 100 free also. So for 250 post cards, I aonly paid 40usd. Very good.

Thanks for your help Ann.

Erin

Mine just arrived today - they look so cute! Really classy. It would be nice if they had a picture of the products on them (like the Merrill ones), but I'm too cheap to pay for the uploaded image at Vista Print. :)

chefann said:
Well, crud.

I had instructions typed out in a note to Carolyn last night, thought I saved them (well, the message) and didn't. Drat!

Jen- I don't know why the text it coming out bold for you. I used Arial, 10 pt. (I think). Sorry I can't help with that.

Erin- Once you get to the postcards area, type "ribbon" in the box to search for templates. The one you want will be on the 3rd (I think) page, lower right. It's a blue card with blue ribbon. Once you select it, click the "Change color scheme" link on the left and choose "Blush". Then edit the text as necessary. Double-click the ribbon to change it, and use "pink ribbon" as the search phrase. I think the one I used was on the 2nd page of results. Go to the back by clicking "next." I went with greyscale on the back because I'm cheap. Click the "change template" link, and select "Mailers." Pick the one you want, and add your text. It took several text boxes for me to do so because of how the font and size apply to everything within the selected text box.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ready for a REALLY good laugh now at MY expense??
After you spent all that time telling me how to make the postcards...and I spent all that time making them...and all that $$ paying for them - and then days wiating for them to arrive...they arrived today...WITH A FREAKIN TYPO!!!!!!!! It was late at night and i guess my eyes were tired...I missed the transposed letters in "specail" instead of "special"
What do I do now? Do I just use them and hope nobody notices?!?!?!!?

I'd use them and offer a little something to people who attend the show and point it out to you (like a SBRC, Twixit clip, Quickut, or $1 off their order).And it leads perfectly into the "pampered not perfect" recruiting line. :)

chefann said:
I'd use them and offer a little something to people who attend the show and point it out to you (like a SBRC, Twixit clip, Quickut, or $1 off their order).

And it leads perfectly into the "pampered not perfect" recruiting line. :)

I just LOVE you Ann!!!!
What a GREAT idea!

What is a "Post Card Invite"?

A "Post Card Invite" is a promotional tool that Pampered Chef consultants can use to invite customers to a party or event. It is a physical postcard that can be customized with the consultant's information and event details.

How do I create a "Post Card Invite"?

To create a "Post Card Invite", log in to your Pampered Chef account and go to the "Marketing" section. From there, you can choose from a variety of pre-made templates or create your own design. Once you have finalized your design, you can order the postcards through the website.

How much do "Post Card Invites" cost?

The cost of "Post Card Invites" varies depending on the size and quantity. However, the cost is typically around 50 cents per postcard. Keep in mind that this cost includes the printing and mailing of the postcards, so it is a convenient and affordable option for promoting your Pampered Chef business.

Can I track the success of my "Post Card Invites"?

Yes, you can track the success of your "Post Card Invites" through the "Marketing" section of your Pampered Chef account. You will be able to see how many postcards were sent, delivered, and responded to, giving you valuable insights into the effectiveness of your invitations.

Are there any guidelines for using "Post Card Invites"?

Yes, there are a few guidelines to keep in mind when using "Post Card Invites." Make sure to follow Pampered Chef's branding guidelines and use only approved images and text. Additionally, do not send postcards to customers who have opted out of receiving marketing materials. Lastly, always proofread your postcards before ordering to ensure accuracy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies