• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Postcard Marketing: Tips and Strategies for Reaching Past Customers

In summary, the conversation is about using postcards to reach out to past customers and remind them of the services offered. The idea was inspired by the speaker's parents who also send out postcards to their past clients. The cost of mailing a postcard is mentioned and it is suggested to mention new products coming out in September to pique customers' interest. The speaker shares their plan to use the postcards to promote their business and offers tips for what to include on the postcards. Other participants in the conversation also share their experiences and ideas for using postcards to promote their businesses.
heat123
Silver Member
Since Vista Print is offering FREE postcards like every other day, I was wondering what you all think of sending them to past customers who I don't have email especially, just to remind them I am here to service them if they need anything?

I got the idea from my parents actually- who mail out postcards every 6mon-12 months to past clients who they have done business with, just as a reminder that if they need anything to call them type thing. And since I'm going to try and start focusing my biz on the 3-2-1 the most, I thought it might be a good idea as an excuse to follow up?

Just wanted some input? BTW, how much does it cost to mail a post card these days?

TIA!

I think its a great idea. You might want to mention that there are tons of new products coming out in September so they should check out your website.

tlennhoff said:
I think its a great idea. You might want to mention that there are tons of new products coming out in September so they should check out your website.
That's a great idea to pique their interest- Tash! Thanks!

Postcards cost 26 cents to mail.

They are a great, low-cost thing to do, as long as you do the follow up! Otherwise, it's basically just waste of time, energy, and money!!

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!!

Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
Postcards cost 26 cents to mail.

They are a great, low-cost thing to do, as long as you do the follow up! Otherwise, it's basically just waste of time, energy, and money!!

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes!!

Paula
Thanks for your input ladies!:) I think I will order some!

I just did and I sent them out to random people just to drum up business.

Is this the 1st time for you? How has your response been so far?

I just ordered a bunch of things from VistaPrint.

I got the 100 regular sized postcards for free-
I have them saying:

Here is a mini catalog of our newest products!

~Contact me with an order,

receive 10% off!

~Schedule a fun night out with your

family and friends and I will bring

the recipe for FREE!

~Refer me to someone who contacts me

and receive a gift!

Then, my phone number and website are listed at the bottom

Then, on the "back" of the postcard I have:

The Pampered Chef®
my website

I Offer:

~Business Opportunities

(full time and part time)

~Fun nights with family and friends

while earning FREE products!

~Unique Theme Shows

(Chocolate Bliss, Yack and Snack,

Margaritaville/Mexican, etc.)

~Bridal Registry/Bridal Showers

~Fundraisers

~Individual orders 24/7 via my website

I am going to tuck these into my mini catties and hand them out everywhere! Plus, I will use them to mail out to those I talk to on the phone who are interested in seeing the new products.

Yep it's my first time and I just sent them out today so I will let you know how it goes

Wow thanks Kelly for that info that would be great stuff to put on those!

I just got 100 of the free postcards from Vistaprint that say "Thanks for your order" It also lists my website, phone number and email and I write a little note about what the ordered. I still plan on doing my follow up calls, but thought this would put my info in their hands. Just sent my first ones out last week and will be following up with the calls later this week-keeping my fingers crossed that it helps!

jkinak said:
I just got 100 of the free postcards from Vistaprint that say "Thanks for your order" It also lists my website, phone number and email and I write a little note about what the ordered. I still plan on doing my follow up calls, but thought this would put my info in their hands. Just sent my first ones out last week and will be following up with the calls later this week-keeping my fingers crossed that it helps!
That's a really good idea too! Maybe on my next batch I will do that!

Oh and I forgot to add after the thank you maybe give them a little quick recipe to enjoy, that way they will keep it in their recipe box or somewhere!

KellyTheChef said:
I just ordered a bunch of things from VistaPrint.

I got the 100 regular sized postcards for free-
I have them saying:

Here is a mini catalog of our newest products!

~Contact me with an order,

receive 10% off!

~Schedule a fun night out with your

family and friends and I will bring

the recipe for FREE!

~Refer me to someone who contacts me

and receive a gift!

Then, my phone number and website are listed at the bottom

Then, on the "back" of the postcard I have:

The Pampered Chef®
my website

I Offer:

~Business Opportunities

(full time and part time)

~Fun nights with family and friends

while earning FREE products!

~Unique Theme Shows

(Chocolate Bliss, Yack and Snack,

Margaritaville/Mexican, etc.)

~Bridal Registry/Bridal Showers

~Fundraisers

~Individual orders 24/7 via my website

I am going to tuck these into my mini catties and hand them out everywhere! Plus, I will use them to mail out to those I talk to on the phone who are interested in seeing the new products.

Do the regular tuck in the mini-catalogs o.k.? I know the oversized are too big...

heat123 said:
Oh and I forgot to add after the thank you maybe give them a little quick recipe to enjoy, that way they will keep it in their recipe box or somewhere!

That's why I've been doing recipe ones...

janetupnorth said:
Do the regular tuck in the mini-catalogs o.k.? I know the oversized are too big...
The regular postcards stick out a little from the mini-catalogs.

I've got some that I've been using at fairs. They have 2 coupons on the front: FREE cooking show, and 10% off stoneware. I've handed out about 50 of them at a couple of fairs, and haven't heard anything.

janetupnorth said:
That's why I've been doing recipe ones...
One can never have enough quick and easy recipes! ;)

1. How can I make my postcards stand out to past customers?

One effective strategy is to use eye-catching graphics and colors to grab the attention of your customers. You can also include a special offer or discount to entice them to make a purchase.

2. What should I include in my postcard to make it effective?

Make sure to include a clear and concise message that highlights the benefits of your products or services. You should also include a call to action, such as "Call now" or "Visit our website", to encourage customers to take action.

3. How often should I send postcards to past customers?

It is recommended to send postcards to past customers at least once every quarter or every 3 months. This will help keep your business top of mind and remind them of your products or services.

4. Can I personalize my postcards for each customer?

Yes, you can personalize postcards for each customer by including their name and previous purchases. This can make the postcard feel more personal and increase the chances of them responding to your offer.

5. What is the best way to track the effectiveness of my postcard marketing?

You can track the effectiveness of your postcard marketing by including a unique promo code or website link for customers to use when making a purchase. This will allow you to track the number of responses and sales generated from your postcards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
cookery
  • krahema
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies