• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Host Coaching Calls: Timing, Frequency, and Tips

In summary, Jennie recommends that host coaches call their hosts roughly one week prior to the show, and also try to call them every week leading up to the show. Jennie also suggests sending out address labels and hosting a hot chocolate party for the hosts and guests.
Jennie4PC
Hey, I am hoping everyone can help me out I was wondering when everyone does host coaching calls, ie how close to the show and how many you do and what do you say I know this sounds kind of silly, my director did have training but I did not go to it and she is now over 300 miles away any help would be appreciated Thanks in advanced

I try to do the host coaching ASAP. In my host kit I put several flyers on how to have a successful show (catalog or kitchen) going to start putting in a "host bingo" flyer to maybe get them more motivated to fill out guest lists and use the online e-invites...I even offer to send these out too if they just get me the list of names and emails. I just have had no luck with my hosts doing the web invites. Either they don't do internet or they claim they don't know anybody that has internet.

I am not as aggresive as alot of people are. I just let them know that their party will only be as successful as they make it. I hold up my end of the bargain by making it (or trying to make it) a good time for all but if they want to earn free products, they need to make some effort on getting their friends and family involved. I hope this helps. Valky

Jennie, I recommend reading through the 3-call system that's in the Recipe for Success. The Home Office has already figured out what works best and put it in an easy-to-use guide for us. That doesn't mean that you can't tweak the system if you have to, but the 3-call system gives you a place to start.That said, I have to admit that I've been really bad in the past with my coaching. If I book 2 months away, I wait about a week before sending the host pack, and then I call when I think they've gotten it. I do try to get address labels from my hosts about a month before the show date so that I can get the invites out in plenty of time. Then I try to call each host about once a week, just to stay in touch, answer questions and make sure we're on track for having good attendance and outside orders.

I'll call them to confirm their address and then call then and go through the show planner and the sheet from the RFS..

You can download host information sheets. These sheet have all of the hot items you need to hit in your 3 calls listed like a checklist. I have found them really helpful. What I have also found helpful is penciling in my HCC on my calender. I mail out all of my host packets one for the next month in the middle of the current month. I do a HCC 4-5 days later to go over the packet and get them excited. About 7-10 days before the show I do HCC #2 to encourage them to boost attendance and let them decide if they want savory or sweet. I call 1-2 days before the show to get a head count, remind them to do a reminder call and get directions and select a specific recipe. Hope this helps!!!

thanks you guys that really helps

I've converted the Host Information Sheet to word for those that would like to be able to edit it

Attachments

• host_info.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 299

1. What exactly is a host coaching call?

A host coaching call is a conversation between a Pampered Chef consultant and a host of a party or event. It is used to provide support, guidance, and tips to help the host have a successful and rewarding party experience.

2. How often should I have host coaching calls?

We recommend having host coaching calls at least once a week leading up to the party date. This allows for a consistent line of communication and gives the consultant and host enough time to plan and prepare for the party.

3. What topics should be covered during a host coaching call?

Some common topics covered during a host coaching call include party planning, guest list, invitations, host rewards, and product information. The consultant will also address any questions or concerns the host may have.

4. Can host coaching calls be done over the phone or online?

Yes, host coaching calls can be done over the phone or through online platforms such as Zoom or Skype. This allows for flexibility and convenience for both the consultant and the host.

5. Is it necessary to have host coaching calls for every party?

While we highly recommend having host coaching calls for every party, it ultimately depends on the needs and preferences of the host. Some hosts may feel confident and have experience hosting parties, while others may benefit from the additional support and guidance provided through host coaching calls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • EmilyinAL