• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Let Missed Calls Cost You Bookings!

so she should have realized that I wasn't just going to answer my phone right away. Impatient people are the worst.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
At 11 a.m. this morning a lady called me to book a show. Since I was at work, I let it go to my voice mail. I wasn't able to call her until I got home at 4. The first thing she said was "Sorry, when I didn't hear back from you, we found someone else!". This lady is not a past guest of mine and I was so stunned I didn't bother to hear where she got my name from. I'm just shocked because it was only 5 hours later. It's not like I didn't call her for days! What ever, I probably didn't want to do a show with her (no wait, yah I did!). I just cannot believe that she couldn't wait. I did apologize and told her that I work during the days and wasn't able to get back with her until I got off work. Guess this means next time I'll just call on my break instead of waiting until I get home. I'm less distracted at home but if it means getting a show or not, I'll do it.

On the plus side, I got home and got an email for an August show and for a July bridal shower! Poo on that lady, other people want me!

Silly lady...she's probably gonna get a crappy consultant since she couldn't give you a few hours to wait for you to call her back!

Way to go on the other emails!!

What was the big rush? She could have at least given you 24 hours before moving on.

I'd look at it as a blessing in disguise. Can you just imagine what a PIA she'd be as a host?!

This happened to me with a recruit lead. Someone found me from stumbling on this site. She called me as I was walking out the door. I asked when would be a good time THAT EVENING to call her. I called her exactly when she asked me to and she was too busy to talk. We set another time for the next day. I ended up leaving her phone messages over the next week. When I finally reached her she said she had called HO and had signed that day with another consultant!

I try to look at those situations as blessings in disguise. If someone is that flaky/impatient I would have probably not been able to please them no matter what I did...or they would have driven me crazy :)

pamperedlinda said:
I'd look at it as a blessing in disguise. Can you just imagine what a PIA she'd be as a host?!

That was my thought! Poo on her, I'm cool and have lots of fun at my shows. I had thought about calling her back earlier but I was so busy today, I wanted to take a break on my break times (plus I work with DH so he makes it hard to work on break time). Oh well, I just had to vent!

Something similar happened to me. A lady called me about a booth at a craft fair, and as soon as I got it (an hour later) and called her she said that she went ahead and found someone else b/c she assumed I didn't want it b/c I didn't call her right away. Are you kidding me??? Give me a chance to call you back. I can't sit by my phone all day waiting for calls like this.

Wow!! that is absurd!! I can't believe that people would be so inconsiderate to think that we don't possibly have anything else to do during our days/weeks/lives that we can't drop it all and be accessible to them 24/7!!
I agree as to the blessing in disguise. How much of a pain would they have been!!

Kattyschack said:
Something similar happened to me. A lady called me about a booth at a craft fair, and as soon as I got it (an hour later) and called her she said that she went ahead and found someone else b/c she assumed I didn't want it b/c I didn't call her right away. Are you kidding me??? Give me a chance to call you back. I can't sit by my phone all day waiting for calls like this.

That was my thought. It wasn't a day even, just a few hours. What if I was running errands or out of town or something important during that time? I know most people don't have that much urgency but I did tell her that I work during the days and was unable to call her back until I got off work. Maybe I need to change my voice mail to say so just in case it happens again.

I know of a consultant whose voicemail says "If you are calling between 9-5, I am at work and will call you back when I get home."
Sometimes you have to remind people that others do have lives too...I guess:grumpy:

Yeah, poo on her!! I have a message on my cell phone (PC number) that says "My office hours are 6pm - 9pm, Monday through Thursday. If you are calling outside of those hours, I will return your call when I return to the office."

This does 2 things - it makes my business sound professional (I have office hours) and it lets them know when to call me or expect calls from me. I can NOT call or talk to people at work, even if I wanted to (WAY too much going on at work and NO privacy in my cubicle!!), so I don't even let people know that they can reach me then. They just have to wait. If they don't like that, tough! They'll miss out on ME and the wonderful service I can provide to them as their consultant.

If she can't respect your time, then don't think about her again. She is just way too impatient and would have been a HUGE P.I.T.A.!!! ;)

pamperedlinda said:

I was thinking the exact same thing!

I love ya- so just bless and release this crackpot!

cathyskitchen said:
If she can't respect your time, then don't think about her again. She is just way too impatient and would have been a HUGE P.I.T.A.!!! ;)

Amen!!!!!!

cathyskitchen said:
Yeah, poo on her!! I have a message on my cell phone (PC number) that says "My office hours are 6pm - 9pm, Monday through Thursday. If you are calling outside of those hours, I will return your call when I return to the office."

This does 2 things - it makes my business sound professional (I have office hours) and it lets them know when to call me or expect calls from me. I can NOT call or talk to people at work, even if I wanted to (WAY too much going on at work and NO privacy in my cubicle!!), so I don't even let people know that they can reach me then. They just have to wait. If they don't like that, tough! They'll miss out on ME and the wonderful service I can provide to them as their consultant.

I'm too pumped up about my bridal shower now! Great addition to my already packed July!

Good for you!! :) Way to stay positive!

It is easy to get upset or disappointed, but maybe it's best that you are free the day she would have booked. Maybe there is another amazing opportunity that only would work that day or someone will need you. She may have had another name right there and decided to try both at once (not knowing which to really call) and they contacted her first. After all, she's allowed to check with more than one consultant. I try to do the same thing when I'm driving. Other people have busy lives and crappy days. They are necessarily trying to annoy you :) I'm glad you have a great shower to work on. See!! Probably wanted the same day!! :)

What is the "Don't Let Missed Calls Cost You Bookings!" program?

The "Don't Let Missed Calls Cost You Bookings!" program is a feature offered by Pampered Chef to help consultants manage their bookings and increase sales. It allows consultants to easily track and follow up on missed calls from potential customers.

How does the program work?

When a consultant misses a call from a potential customer, the program will automatically send a text message to the consultant with the caller's information. The consultant can then easily follow up with the customer and potentially book a party or sale.

Do I have to pay for this program?

No, the "Don't Let Missed Calls Cost You Bookings!" program is completely free for Pampered Chef consultants.

What if I don't want to use this program?

While we highly recommend utilizing this program to increase bookings and sales, it is completely optional. Consultants can choose to opt out of the program at any time.

Can I track missed calls from non-Pampered Chef customers?

Yes, the program can track missed calls from any phone number, not just those from Pampered Chef customers. This allows consultants to follow up with potential customers who may not be familiar with Pampered Chef yet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • cheflorraine