• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Ever Delete Shows That Cancel?

C
chelynn
I read somewhere that you shouldn't ever delete a show. But what if they scheduled, you sent the packet, and put everything in P3, then they cancel? They are both catalog shows, and one placed an individual order. Can I delete them? I hate having them show up in my reports and in my show list. Any reason I shouldn't?

If there are no orders on a show and I don't plan on submitting anything under that person's name, I delete it.

expensesIf you sent the packet, that would qualify as a business expense. That might warrant not deleting the show so you would be able to trace everything.

I would put the expense in a different way and delete the show...however, I like things to be submitted in as close to numerical order as possible...I can be weird that way.

I delete them.

I used to enter all my shows as soon as I booked them; however, I changed this last year and I don't enter them untl I either get my first outside order or just a few days before the show.

cmdtrgd said:
I would put the expense in a different way and delete the show...however, I like things to be submitted in as close to numerical order as possible...I can be weird that way.

Sounds like me... maybe it's something to do with "our" similar name!

P3 help...please..I keep forgetting how to enter show bookings.

Thanks;

Liz:mad:

pamperedlinda said:
I delete them.

I used to enter all my shows as soon as I booked them; however, I changed this last year and I don't enter them untl I either get my first outside order or just a few days before the show.

Same with me. I hated deleting shows because it messes up the show numbers. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now I don't even put them in P3 until I have an order or it's the day of the show.

leggy

But what about bookings form other shows. You HAVE to put those in sometimes WAY ahead of time, don't you, so that the booking benefit isn't lost?

cookingisfunagain said:
But what about bookings form other shows. You HAVE to put those in sometimes WAY ahead of time, don't you, so that the booking benefit isn't lost?

Only if you're using P3 to keep track of your unused bookings.

I prefer to keep a notebook that I log each of my shows into. It includes the bookings and their projected dates. I mark them off when they are actually held. I like it because it gives me a good visual of what shows still have open bookings against them.

Oh...just noticed: CONGRATULATIONS on qualifying in your first 30 days! Woo-hoo!

(I lived in Lacey for a few years ago...loved all the gorgeous scenery!)

I didn't even know I could do it any other way~!

So, let's say that someone has a show and it closes, and the next day the host calls and says her aunt Josie, who wasn't at the show, wants to host a show. Even if it wasn't originally entered in P3, then the host can still purchase the host special at Aunt Josie's show?

... BTW, I am not sure who this Aunt Josie is, but I am hoping that I really get a call soon ;)

cookingisfunagain said:
I didn't even know I could do it any other way~!

So, let's say that someone has a show and it closes, and the next day the host calls and says her aunt Josie, who wasn't at the show, wants to host a show. Even if it wasn't originally entered in P3, then the host can still purchase the host special at Aunt Josie's show?

... BTW, I am not sure who this Aunt Josie is, but I am hoping that I really get a call soon ;)

No. Only bookings that are submitted with the show count for the host.

What I was referring to is that I don't start a new show in P3 for those bookings until I know it's actually going to happen (has an pre-show order or is the day of the show). I used to set them up early in P3...but then had cancellations.

I hope that clarifies?

Kris

Related to Do You Ever Delete Shows That Cancel?

1. Do I have to delete shows that cancel?

No, you do not have to delete shows that cancel. It is ultimately up to your personal preference and organizational style. However, it is recommended to keep a record of all shows, including those that cancel, for future reference or in case any issues arise.

2. What if I have already sent the packet and put everything in P3 before the show cancelled?

If you have already completed all necessary steps for the show, it is still not necessary to delete it. You can simply keep it in your records and mark it as cancelled. This will also help you keep track of any potential issues or discrepancies in the future.

3. Can I delete catalog shows that have placed an individual order?

Yes, you can delete catalog shows that have placed an individual order. Since the order has already been placed and processed, there is no need to keep the show in your records. However, it is recommended to keep a record of the order and any necessary information related to it.

4. Is there any reason why I shouldn't delete cancelled shows?

There is no specific reason why you shouldn't delete cancelled shows, as it is ultimately up to your personal preference. However, keeping a record of all shows, even cancelled ones, can help with organization and tracking of any potential issues in the future.

5. How can I avoid having cancelled shows show up in my reports and show list?

You can avoid having cancelled shows show up in your reports and show list by marking them as cancelled or by creating a separate category or folder for cancelled shows. This will allow you to keep your records organized and easily identify which shows have been cancelled.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • thehaleykitchen