1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How often do you delete contacts?

1. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

How often do you delete contacts from your mailing list? I use i-Contact & can see who opens/reads my newsletter.

I've got a lot of 'dead' e-mail addresses that I'm wondering if I shouldn't delete. They haven't opened my newsletter since I've started sending it & I've tried contacting many times just to check in with them. I've not heard anything from them since my initial contact at a show or booth.

What would you do?

2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I haven't deleted yet, but I have considered it. The one thing that keeps me from doing it is not knowing for sure. If the customer opens the email as a text version, there isn't anything there to send a message back to iContact letting them know the email's been opened. The same goes if they use a program like Outlook or a service like Gmail that doesn't automatically download images, and they don't opt to do that.

I'd hate to delete someone who then wouldn't say anything about not receiving the emails anymore. If nothing else, they can see my name in their inbox each month, even if they don't open the email.

Oct 7, 2009
  3. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I don't delete anyone unless they ask me to. Of course they can always unsubscribe themselves.

Oct 7, 2009
  4. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Same here!

Oct 7, 2009
  5. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

The only reason that I'm thinking that I should is b/c I'm nearing my contact list limit in i-Contact & would like to have room for new people that I meet at shows. I don't want to have to bump my subscriber limit if I don't have to!

6. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

Same here...

Oct 7, 2009
  7. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

NEVER! :D

They have to unsubscribe to be removed from my newsletter. Even if they go down their e-mail & hit "delete" every month, your name is still fresh in their minds EVERY month. You never know when they might suddenly decide that they want to book a show, open your e-mail & contact you.

I'll admit, I never opened my step-sister's newsletters when she sold PC because it took 20 min's to read the whole thing. She didn't know how to be short & sweet, had too much info and it irritated me to have a book in front of me to read. So I just never clicked on them. I still hosted shows, just didn't care to read all that info that she included in her newsletters. LOL

Oct 7, 2009
Have something to add?