• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Always Wear a Pampered Chef Apron at Cooking Shows?

In summary, Aprons are often worn by PC Consultants, but not always. A PC Apron is a badge of honor and is used to protect clothing while doing demos.
gailz2
Gold Member
I'm so tired of the denim apron -- does everyone out there always wear a PC Apron at their Kitchen/Cooking Shows? If not, do you wear one of your own??

I sure which PC would offer other aprons we could purchase.

Hardly ever wear my apron - I usually wear a some type of PC logo shirt or sweater, and since I make nametags for all of the guests, I wear a nametag too.

The times when I do wear my apron it's because I'm in a place with minimal counter space, so I need the pocket space and a place to hang my towel.:D

Like Becky - I no longer wear mine either - I prefer to mingle and make it less "service" like if you know what I mean -

I wear my apron. I like having the pockets to use while doing the show. I started doing Rae's "Have it love it" with Hershey kisses and it was a HUGE hit. That will be tough to do w/o the apron on as I store them in the pocket. But for the 4 years I have been selling I have always wore my apron.

I also have different aprons for different seasons. I have a V-day apron and turkey apron (both non-pc) I have the PC HWC apron and stars apron and some others. I like to wear the apron. Not sure exactly why, but without it, I just feel off in my demo.

I've worn my apron for the 2 years I've been in. I did get a Pink PC Cancer apron from my director. I do think I need to start picking up some logo wear. I was just wondering if there were regs that we had to wear it.

I hardly ever wear my apron. I don't wear logo wear to shows either. If I'm there, they know who I am! I wear a nametag from Merrill or the host introduces me to everyone as the consultant or I introduce myself. I'd rather save my logowear to wear when I'm out and about.

I definitely wear my denim apron. It's a badge of honor to me. I'm proud to wear it
and appreciate that it protects my clothing. I've learned to put my car keys in one
pocket and drawing slips in the other, after the drawing. There have been times when
I put checks and cash in the pockets to be sure they did not walk away. So few of my
outfits have pockets that I really appreciate the apron providing them for me.

I never wear an apron - too much of a pain and just something else to pack.

I do wear my name tag though. I also always wear the same shirt and slacks so it makes the job look easy - it's my uniform.

I have a couple of different aprons and I am going back to something I did earlier in my PC Career. I am going to use my denim PC apron as my 2009 apron. At the end of the year, or when I have a slow month, I will have 2009 embroidered on the top of it. I am going to use the fabric markers and let my hostesses sign my apron. It was a lot of fun before and people at shows always ask and sometimes even find people on their that they know.

As for wearing it at the show, I like to have the pockets. But I don't put it on until I am ready to start the demo. Until then, I'm just another guest and mingle just like everyone else.

pcsharon1 said:
I have a couple of different aprons and I am going back to something I did earlier in my PC Career. I am going to use my denim PC apron as my 2009 apron. At the end of the year, or when I have a slow month, I will have 2009 embroidered on the top of it. I am going to use the fabric markers and let my hostesses sign my apron. It was a lot of fun before and people at shows always ask and sometimes even find people on their that they know.

As for wearing it at the show, I like to have the pockets. But I don't put it on until I am ready to start the demo. Until then, I'm just another guest and mingle just like everyone else.
That's fun, I like that idea!

I wear mine because of the pockets. I put money, cheques, pens and post-its in them.

It depends on what we are making. Sometimes I wear the PC one and I have a black one I'm going to start wearing. Other times its just my name badge from Merrill. Like others have said, you are introduced or you intro yourself so people know who you are. I like having pockets but the denim makes you have to think of your outfits because you might dress more than casual and I think the denim makes it less dressy (does that make sense?!??!)

yes I do ware my apron also I have alot of pins on it 200,000, Trip pins HWC pin I love PC pin Some time people ask me about them too

I also have a lot of pins on mine - not just PC pins. Several months back I purchased some button/badge style pins at at gift shop that have different sayings on them and I was using them to have people "pin" on their name tag and then made it part of the show. There were sayings like "got lost on the way over" and "looks in medicine cabinets" and "might steel silverware". I told people to pick the one that was the most fitting to them and it really turned into a big joke. No one was ashamed to say (although they should have been) "oh, yeah, I totally look in medicine cabinets!" and the silverware steeler was caught on the way out with a fork sticking out of her purse in a suggestive manner. People really got into it and it was a lot of fun. I haven't used them for guests in a while but I have a few of them tacked to my apron. Especially the "got lost on the way over" pin because I almost always end up passing the drive and having to turn around unless it's a repeat host.;)

i rarely wear my apron anymore. i used to hide behind it in the beginning and realized i was doing so. one of the reasons i joined pampered chef was to become more comfortable with mingling. ditching the apron forces me to do that.

I love the 2009 & pin ideas. So cool. I would really like to incorporate those!!

In other words...I am so stealing your ideas!!

Love the 2009 idea. Wish I'd started last week...

I love the idea of getting the hostesses to sign the apron. I only started PC in November and have been wearing my apron.

I wear mine when the demo starts and as soon as I'm done w/ the recipe it comes off. To me, it's extra padding that I don't need. BUT, I do wear them for booths and fairs with all my pins and buttons.

OMG - That is too funny - I love it.
I put on my apron when I'm getting ready to start the show.
I have pins on mine too that I got from recruiting or qualifying.
I love my trivit pin and love what I do with the dots I got at Christmas time

And I ALWAYS get lost too. I hate far away shows because I always miss the exit. I have to leave extra early because of this LOL

I have my name embroidered on my apron and also have pins on my apron , I always ware it then take it off when I am done with the recipe

FOr me, it varies depending on what I'm making (if it's messy) and the crowd. I like to "mingle" more too.... I am going to try to find a Hawaiian-themed apron though to wear maybe. Thought it might be a good segway to recruiting conversation (about PC trips, etc).

I LOVE my apron & I can't imagine NOT wearing it. It makes me feel "official" & special ... I am supposed to be the person in charge there, not a guest, it's nice to stand out from the crowd. I don't know. It's hard to put my finger on it. It's weird, but it makes me feel kind of protected and safe & not just from spills, but I appreciate that too. :) I do get bored with it & I wish there was another apron offered to us. I have seen some really cute aprons out there that I considered buying, but it just didn't seem "right" without the logo. Also, I love the pockets too - I put my cell phone in a pocket (with ringer off in case of an ER @ home) and my car keys or I will surely forget where I put them! Plus pens and various items. i like the idea of the candy to toss out too ... I also have a few hand towels I bought & one hangs out of my pocket, so I can wipe my hands on it. (an old waitress habit, I guess!) I too wear my various PC pins on ... I also have the guests do name tags & I wear one too. :) I'm still a newbie, so maybe I won't love it forever, but for now, I do! :)

in a word..... Yes ;)

Yes. Then I don't have to worry so much about what my outfit looks like. Plus, I have a place to snap on the bamboo towel for my hands. Right now I'm wearing the green apron with the snowmen--which I will wear until the S/S catalogs come out. I like the idea of a Hawaiian theme apron for the incentive trip!

This thread has been around for a year now - and I saw what I posted a year ago...but my answer would be different now. Before, I didn't wear one, BUT.....

Since earning the HWC apron last year, I've been wearing that one. It's the only PC apron I've ever really liked, and I get so many compliments on it, and I get asked often from guests and hosts how they can buy one. It's such a GREAT recruiting conversation starter!

I don't - but its because I have a short torso and I'm short, so even with adjusting the strings, the apron itself is too long for me and it looks very large on me. I have a kids PC apron I used to wear but its too narrow, so it doesn't look right. I just dress professional and wear a PC badge. One of these days, I may invest in our chef's jacket and wear that to shows.

Yes I do for over 11 years. I feel naked without it. I have a wide variety of aprons I can wear as every Leadership Conference we would get one for free. Wondering if now they will give us one @ National Conference?

pampered.chris said:
I wear my apron. I like having the pockets to use while doing the show. I started doing Rae's "Have it love it" with Hershey kisses and it was a HUGE hit. That will be tough to do w/o the apron on as I store them in the pocket. But for the 4 years I have been selling I have always wore my apron.

I also have different aprons for different seasons. I have a V-day apron and turkey apron (both non-pc) I have the PC HWC apron and stars apron and some others. I like to wear the apron. Not sure exactly why, but without it, I just feel off in my demo.

change the 4 to a 6 and I could have typed this myself!

I wear the Chef's Coat I got from Merrill. The ladies at the shows always love it, saying it makes me look all professional, official, and sexy. Probably not good from a recruiting standpoint, though, b/c it makes people think that you need to be all fancy.

Hey, danahv:

How did you get the pins for recruiting, qualifying, trivit and dots? I haven't heard of these... sounds like I need to get some?

thanks for your response in advance....Carol

I love wearing mine and especially the pockets. Wear it at fairs and stuff too.

My favorite piece of logo wear (the only one that fits right) has a bleach stain. The apron covers it nicely!

mom4angela said:
Hey, danahv:

How did you get the pins for recruiting, qualifying, trivit and dots? I haven't heard of these... sounds like I need to get some?

thanks for your response in advance....Carol

The Trivet pin was the director Christmas gift from Doris. The qualifying pin is one that some directors give to new cons. when they hit their first 1250 in sales. The others we get at conference for hitting milestones.

leftymac said:
I wear the Chef's Coat I got from Merrill. The ladies at the shows always love it, saying it makes me look all professional, official, and sexy. Probably not good from a recruiting standpoint, though, b/c it makes people think that you need to be all fancy.

Well, I was thinking more in terms of "not good from a recruiting standpoint b/c it makes people think that you need to be all sexy" ;)
LOL:chef:

I always wear an apron. Most of the time the black/pink floral HWC. Unless it doesn't match my clothes- then the denim. YES- I know that sounds anial, I can be ocd. I like the pockets. I usually have a small dish towel hanging from the string. I only put it on once I start the recipe and take it off right after. I think everyone likes it, I almost always get compliments on the HWC one. I don't put pins on it because I wash it after each show.

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "Do You Always Wear a Pampered Chef Apron at Cooking Shows?

1. Do I have to wear a Pampered Chef apron at my cooking shows?

No, it is not required to wear a Pampered Chef apron at your cooking shows. However, many consultants choose to wear one to show their brand loyalty and professionalism.

2. Can I wear a different apron instead of the denim one provided by Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can wear a different apron of your choice. While the denim apron is the most commonly seen at Pampered Chef shows, you are free to wear any apron that makes you feel comfortable and confident.

3. Are there other aprons available for purchase besides the denim one?

Unfortunately, Pampered Chef currently only offers the denim apron for purchase. However, there are many other options available for purchase from other retailers that you can wear at your cooking shows.

4. Can I wear my own apron instead of the Pampered Chef one?

Yes, you can wear your own apron if you prefer. As long as you are comfortable and professional in your appearance, you are free to wear any apron you choose.

5. Do I have to wear an apron at all during my cooking shows?

No, wearing an apron is not mandatory for Pampered Chef cooking shows. Some consultants prefer to wear one for practical reasons, while others may not feel the need for one. It is ultimately up to your personal preference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefMary412
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Brandie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PCGINA