• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Salad Chopper in Action: Salsa Fresca Recipe Demo!

Hello,I'm new to this thread and to this salsa. I love it!I put this salsa on a tortilla with fat free refried beans for lunch pretty much every day. Part of my plan to lose weight before summer hits! ...
heat123
Silver Member
Ok, when I first saw these I was totally unsure of them until we had our cluster meeting and someone demoed the salsa fresca recipe in the catalog and passed it around for everyone to chop up some fresh salsa.

I was sold on it since then and took it to my next show and sold my first 2!! I highly recommend it and will continue to do this hands on approach so they can feel the product then taste the amazing results!( Really because DH loved it soo much that I figure after every show I can make another batch from the left over ingredients :)), I've made it twice now at home and he can't get enough of it!! Just wanted to share!

I love it! Especially since we can use the salad spinner to show off drying the veggies!

Oh really? I am/was unsure of them also. Maybe I should get a pair?

I made the aloha pizza for my show on Sunday and passed around the batter bowl with the chopper for everyone to chop up the pineapple, green onion and bell pepper.

I think it is a great idea - unfortunately no one bought any...

Oh well. I would try it again though!

pamperedval said:
I made the aloha pizza for my show on Sunday and passed around the batter bowl with the chopper for everyone to chop up the pineapple, green onion and bell pepper.

Val, I was at a director's meeting this morning and Marie was there and shared that tip. Love it!

I know that without doing the demo I wouldn't have sold them otherwise! Just Like I was very unsure of them until I saw them and felt them and tasted what they made! :)

Jen, that's a good idea about the spinner, I may have to try it as soon as my sample order comes!

Hello
I'm new to this also and a very plain Jane cook. How do you serve this salsa? With what?

i love my salad choppers - i have used them for chicken salad and taco bar, too!

(i just serve my salsa with regular tortilla chips.) but you can also use the salsa with tacos, or over chicken with a side of yellow rice. you can make the salsa with pineapple or mango and it is fantastic over fish (like tilapia or snapper) that has been grilled or broiled.

MsKellog said:
Hello
I'm new to this also and a very plain Jane cook. How do you serve this salsa? With what?
After they made it I passed a small bowl of chips around with it and they ate it up! And then some people went looking for some more after I was done with my presentation:D but it was gone!

I was trying to think of a way to have a "salsa bar" and portion out the ingredients for individual servings....so that everyone could chop up their own salsa in a batter bowl, and then pour it out on their plate to eat... that would get the choppers in to everyone's hands!!

Well the way I did it- was pass around the batter bowl and choppers for everyone to chop a few times and pass so everyone did get a feel for them!

you could also use the prep bowls and put one ingredient in each one, stagger them among the guests so the stuff that needs to be chopped more is first, the stuff that needs the least chop would be last, and they can add ingredients as they pass it around.

Is that the quick and easy salsa recipe that is above the salad chopper in the catalogue? The one that uses grape tomatoes?

Yes same recipe, Ymms!! :)

I swear it gets better everytime I make it-heehee! Third time I made it in 3days!! Yummy!

I am going to try it with an italian twist. Maybe a half small onion, two garlic cloves and fresh basil. then add the cup of grape tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. I'm not a big cilantro fan, so I think I would like this version better.

hmm sounds interesting, tell me how it turns out, I love fresh basil! kinda sounds like Brushetta (spelling)?

I put this salsa on a tortilla with fat free refried beans for lunch pretty much every day. Part of my plan to lose weight before summer hits! The tortilla is 2pt, refried beans 2pt and 0 points for the salsa. :)
I like the idea someone posted recently about an 8 pt show. I may do this in June as a theme and this would definitely be on the menu. :D

I put this salsa on a tortilla with fat free refried beans for lunch pretty much every day. Part of my plan to lose weight before summer hits! The tortilla is 2pt, refried beans 2pt and 0 points for the salsa. :)

ooh I think I will have to do the salsa demo at the show I have on saturday! I got the salad choppers and use them myself every time I have a salad (2-3x a week). But i LOVE fresh salsa too. Think I will have to try that out!

yes, it's a must! You will love it!

I passed the salad chopper around with the small stainless bowl at my last party (empty). There were only 5 people there and 3 bought that SC!!

I had a show last night that turned into a co-ed show......3 of the women brought their husbands, so the DH of the host sat in too.....The salad chopper was a HUGE hit w/ the men.....they just kept playing with it, and thinking up uses for it...and one of them had his wife book a show for July because of it! (well, that combined w/ the spinner - they want a salad show!)

I would probably do just a tomato or onion by itself for demo purposes- if I didn't love the salsa so dang much! LOL

We had Tacos last night for Dinner - so thought I would just try the Salsa Fresca recipe and use my salad choppers (I confess, for the first time!)

WOW! I think I am going to have to send out a special email to all my list - just to tell them about the Salad Chopper and the Salad Spinner!

That Salsa! It's a good thing it's so healthy to eat - because I was eating it w/ a spoon.....and just thinking about making a breakfast burrito, so I can have some more for breakfast!!!!:D

Umm, that sounds good right now, it's breakfast time.. to bad I am out of ingredients! :( But I'm making a batch this weekend for a house warming party! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
WOW! I think I am going to have to send out a special email to all my list - just to tell them about the Salad Chopper and the Salad Spinner!

And have everyone book a show for early August so they can get one of them at 60% off, and have a friend book for July so they can get the 2nd at 60% off at their show for the booking benefit!!

I pass it around at my shows in the med SS bowl. for the guests to make also,
I slice the onions into 1/2 slices, press the garlic (never can get it into small enough pieces) I laso qurter the jalepeno lengthwise so it is also in smaller pieces I've been selling them like crazy.

I definitely use the garlic press too and quarter the onions and half the jalepeno then pass it around! Although I have only done it once I will definitely do it at every show through the summer!

I'm so glad to hear that you all press the garlic and quarter the jalapeno!! I made this at my show ovewr the weekend and followed the recipe in the catalog. It tasted great but there were big chunks of jalapeno and garlic. We all agreed that next time do it like you all said. I sold 2 salad choppers and 2 citrus presses! It tastes awesome with lime tortilla chips.

chefruthie said:
I'm so glad to hear that you all press the garlic and quarter the jalapeno!! I made this at my show ovewr the weekend and followed the recipe in the catalog. It tasted great but there were big chunks of jalapeno and garlic. We all agreed that next time do it like you all said. I sold 2 salad choppers and 2 citrus presses! It tastes awesome with lime tortilla chips.

Did you make the lime tortilla chips? Then you can show off our stoneware and kitchen spritzer as well!

I have made them before and they're yum-o but this time I just had the host pick up a bag of Tostito's "hint of lime" from the store. It's just enough to make all the flavors burst in your mouth!!

chefruthie said:

Another thing you can do to eliminate that....start off with the jalapeno and garlic in the bowl first and cut them up some...then add in the onions and cut...lastly add in the tomatoes so they don't turn to mush while you are getting everything else into small enough pieces.

The lime chips would be super with that salsa! You shouldn't have reminded me of that!! :eek: LOL

I did have the garlic and jalapeno in there first, but that garlic is so small to begin with! My next show I'm going to take the cilantro in the herb keeper and show that off. I loved stripping the leaves with the kitchen shears!

When I made it last night - I didn't have a jalapeno but I had a Chili pepper, so I just used part of that - it worked great! I also thought about half way thru chopping that the next time I would use the garlic press! Glad to know it wasn't just me!

Definitely use the garlic press! I can't wait to make a big batch for a party tomorrow!

What is the Salad Chopper?

The Salad Chopper is a kitchen tool that is designed specifically for chopping and mixing vegetables and other ingredients for salads and other dishes.

How does the Salad Chopper work?

The Salad Chopper features two sharp stainless steel blades that chop and mix ingredients quickly and evenly. Simply place your ingredients in a bowl and use the Salad Chopper to chop and mix them with an up and down motion.

Why is the Salad Chopper beneficial for making salsa fresca?

The Salad Chopper's sharp blades make it easy to chop all of the ingredients for salsa fresca into small, uniform pieces. This results in a well-mixed and flavorful salsa that is perfect for dipping or topping your favorite dishes.

How can I use the Salad Chopper to demo the salsa fresca recipe?

To demo the salsa fresca recipe, simply gather all of the ingredients and have them prepped and ready to be chopped. Pass the Salad Chopper around for guests to try and let them chop their own fresh salsa. This hands-on approach will help them see how easy and efficient the Salad Chopper is to use.

What other recipes can I make with the Salad Chopper?

The Salad Chopper can be used for a variety of recipes, including chopped salads, salsas, coleslaws, and even stir-fries. Its versatility makes it a valuable tool to have in any kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Morvin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies