• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Salsa with a Salad Chopper - Tips and Tricks

In summary, the garlic was difficult to chop with the salad chopper, but following the suggestions of those who have made the salsa recipe, using a garlic press or larger chunks of onion and jalapeno, and adding a splash of vinegar or oil, the salsa is still delicious.
christy_c
I just got my Salad Chopper today and tried out the salsa recipe from the catalog. I had a really hard time getting the garlic chopped up with it. Any suggestions or tips from those of you who have made it? TIA.

Garlic press it! So much easier!

Yep! What Heather said!:D

I actually thought about doing that and probably will at my show Saturday. I tend to get a little frustrated when I follow a recipe and can't get it right.....then again, I'm not the best cook either! LOL Thanks!

I used the garlic press for the garlic and I also cut the onion up in about 4 smaller pieces!

Hey, that's one of the great things about this biz....you don't HAVE to be a good cook already, lol!:D
I use the garlic press for this too, and I've also used the pearl onions. They're smaller & chop easy.

I press the garlic and cut the onion and jalapeno into larger chunks first. Oh yeah, and I also de-seed and de-membrane the jalapeno.

DebbieJ said:
I press the garlic and cut the onion and jalapeno into larger chunks first. Oh yeah, and I also de-seed and de-membrane the jalapeno.

Thats what I do too.

Also wanted to add that I have done this as Bruschetta topping several times now and it's wonderful that way too.......Just leave out the jalepeno, and sub Basil for the Cilantro.....and instead of lime juice, add a splash of balsamic vinegar and a splash of olive oil!

Have any of you tried it without the cilantro? Just wondering if it's still tasty without it....I hate cilantro! :eek: :D

Hmmm, I love cilantro, and can't imagine salsa w/o it....in fact, I usually throw in a little extra - so I wouldn't be able to answer that question!:rolleyes: :D

I hate cilantro as well. I cut the amt in half and it was bearable. :)

1. How do I use a salad chopper to make salsa?

To make salsa with a salad chopper, start by placing your desired ingredients, such as tomatoes, onions, and cilantro, into the bowl of the chopper. Close the lid and firmly press down on the top with one hand while using your other hand to twist the handle back and forth. This will chop up the ingredients into small pieces and mix them together to create a delicious salsa.

2. What ingredients should I use to make salsa with a salad chopper?

You can use any ingredients you like to make salsa with a salad chopper. Some popular options include tomatoes, onions, peppers, cilantro, and garlic. You can also add in ingredients like corn, beans, or fruit to create a unique and flavorful salsa.

3. Can I use a salad chopper to make chunky salsa?

Yes, you can use a salad chopper to make chunky salsa. Simply chop the ingredients for a shorter amount of time or use larger pieces of vegetables to create a chunkier consistency.

4. How can I make sure my salsa is evenly mixed with a salad chopper?

To ensure your salsa is evenly mixed with a salad chopper, be sure to use a variety of ingredients and chop them for a consistent amount of time. You can also mix the salsa with a spoon or spatula after chopping to ensure all ingredients are evenly distributed.

5. Can I make salsa with a salad chopper ahead of time?

Yes, you can make salsa with a salad chopper ahead of time. However, it is best to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and consume within 2-3 days. The longer the salsa sits, the more the flavors will meld together and intensify.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Morvin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • elijahstrust