• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Solving the Mystery of the 'Chocolate' Salsa!

In summary, the conversation is about a person's search for a specific type of salsa they had in Costa Rica. They have tried different recipes but have not been able to recreate the same flavor. Suggestions are given to try reaching out to the person who made it or experimenting with different sweeteners and ingredients to achieve a similar taste.
pattidailey
Ok Ladies...I have a question for all of salsa makers. Last year the dh and I went to Costa Rica and we had the most amazing salsa I have ever had!! It was a little hole in the wall place and the gal who made it was from LA of all places! She wouldn't even hint of the recipe ingredients...only that it was her own! My husband did his best to peak but didn't see anything unusual in the kitchen. Dont worry it was an open kitchen..ha ha ha It was our normal salsa but it was a chocolate color with a real sweet flavor...I have tried every kind of recipe I could find online since we have been home but have not even come close! It's driving me crazy!!! Any ideas??

My husband does a sweet salsa that's black beans (chocolate color?) and corn and brown sugar. There's no recipe for it though, it's just in his head, LOL.

I bet it had mole in it

Considering every dish in Costa Rice is made with black beans (they even serve black beans with eggs for breakfast), that would be my guess for the secret ingredient. Mole has a distinct flavor and is much more Mexican than Costa Rican.

Hi there! I completely understand your frustration in trying to recreate that amazing salsa from Costa Rica. It sounds like it was a truly unique and delicious experience. I would recommend trying to reach out to the gal who made it and asking her directly for the recipe. Sometimes, chefs are willing to share their secrets if you show genuine interest and appreciation for their food. If that's not possible, I would suggest experimenting with different types of sweeteners, such as honey or agave, to try and achieve that sweet flavor. Also, playing around with different types of peppers or adding in some fruit, like mango or pineapple, could give your salsa a unique twist. Don't give up, keep trying and I'm sure you'll come up with a delicious salsa that will bring back those memories of Costa Rica. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients are in the "Chocolate" Salsa?

The "Chocolate" Salsa is made with a unique combination of tomatoes, onions, peppers, cocoa powder, and spices. It also contains chunks of dark chocolate for a rich and decadent flavor.

2. Is the "Chocolate" Salsa spicy?

The level of spiciness in the "Chocolate" Salsa can be adjusted to your preference. You can add more or less of the peppers and spices to make it mild, medium, or hot.

3. How do I serve the "Chocolate" Salsa?

The "Chocolate" Salsa can be enjoyed as a dip with tortilla chips or used as a topping for tacos, burritos, or grilled meats. It can also be used as a marinade or added to chili for a unique twist.

4. Can I make the "Chocolate" Salsa ahead of time?

Yes, the "Chocolate" Salsa can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just make sure to give it a stir before serving.

5. Is the "Chocolate" Salsa gluten-free?

Yes, the "Chocolate" Salsa is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with dietary restrictions. However, always double check the ingredients to ensure they are suitable for your specific needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Denarella
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • AshleyAllison