• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

$250 Cookie Recipe!!!! Yikes- Enjoy!

In summary, a little background: Neiman-Marcus, if you don't know already, is a very expensive store; i.e., they sell your typical $8.00 T-shirt for $50.00. Let's let them have it! THIS IS A TRUE STORY
heat123
Silver Member
A little background: Neiman-Marcus, if you don't know already, is a very expensive store; i.e., they sell your typical $8.00 T-shirt for $50.00.
>
> Let's let them have it! THIS IS A TRUE STORY!
>
> My daughter and I had just finished a salad at a Neiman-Marcus Cafe in Dallas , and we decided to have a small dessert. B ecause both of us are such cookie lovers, we decided to try the "Neiman-Marcus cookie." It was
> so excellent that I asked if they would give me the recipe, and the waitress said with a small frown, "I'm afraid not, but you can buy the recipe."
>
> Well, I asked how much, and she responded, "Only two fifty - it's a great deal!" I agreed to that, and told her to just add it to my tab. Thirty days later, I received my VISA statement, and the Neiman-Marcus charge was $285.00! I looked again, and I remembered I had only spent $9.95 for two salads and about $20.00 for a scarf. As I glanced at the bottom of the statement, it said, "Cookie Recipe-$250.00." That was outrageous!
>
> I called Neiman's Accounting Department and told them the waitress said it was "two fifty", which clearly does not mean "two hundred and fifty dollars" by any reasonable interpretation of the phrase. Neiman-Marcus refused to budge. They would not refund my money because, according to them, "What the waitress told you is not our problem. You have already seen the recipe. We absolutely will not refund your money at this point." I explained to the Accounting Department lady the criminal statutes which govern fraud in the state of Texas . I threatened to report them to the Better Business Bureau and the Texas Attorney General's office for engaging in fraud.
>
> I was basically told, "Do what you want. Don't bother thinking of how you can get even, and don't bother trying to get any of your money back."
>
> I just said, Okay, you folks got my $250, and now I'm going to have $250 worth of fun." I told her that I was going to see to it that every cookie lover in the United States with an e-mail account has a $250 cookie recipe
> from Neiman-Marcus...for free. She replied, "I wish you wouldn't do this." I said, "Well, perhaps you should have thought of that before you ripped me off!" and slammed down the phone. So here it is!
>
> Please, please, please pass it on to everyone you can possibly think of. I paid $250 for this, and I don't want Neiman-Marcus to EVER make another penny off of this recipe!
>
> NEIMAN-MARCUS COOKIES (Recipe may be halved)
>
> 2 cups butter
> 24 oz. chocolate chips
> 4 cups flour
> 2 cups brown sugar
> 2 tsp. soda
> 1 tsp. salt
> 2 cups sugar
> 1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
> 5 cups blended oatmeal
> 4 eggs
> 2 tsp. baking powder
> 2 tsp. vanilla
> 3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
>
> Measure oatmeal, and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar,
> and nuts. Roll into balls, and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.
>
> PLEASE READ THE RECIPE AND SEND IT TO EVERY PERSON YOU KNOW WHO HAS AN E-MAIL ADDRESS! THIS IS REALLY TERRIFIC!!
>
> Even if the people on your e-mail list don't eat sweets send it to them and ask them to pass it on. Let's make sure we get these ladies $250.00 worth. Enjoy the cookies, they really are good.... ,
>
>
>
>
>
>

This cracked me up! Then the more I thought about it, I swore I heard about this years ago. Just for fun I looked on snopes.com. Just so you all know, it's a website that investigates various urban legends and popular email "forwards."

You all might find this interesting!:D

http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/cookie.asp

OMG!!!! That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Horrible of them!!! I cannot believe it!!!! That waitress had some nerve.....:mad:

Hmm, didn't think to even check snope.com! Duh- still I wonder if this recipe is any good?

It's a small world!That actually happened to my uncle's ex wife almost 10 years ago. She was working with my mother at Levi's Strauss & Co. here in San Antonio, TX before they laid everyone off and moved to Mexico.

She was having lunch with my cousin in Dallas and the waitress totally decieved her by saying "Two fifty." That was horrible and I am sure my ex-aunt has gotten her money's worth now! I have never tried the recipe but I do plan to. I love cookies and so does my family. That's what she told everyone at work and my mother. I looked at the scopes thing but she swore at the time it was true. LOL

Debbie :D

Last edited:
I think it is good (recipe working), I remember it going around about 15 years ago - you know, back when Al Gore 1st invented the internet...it was one of the "first" spam/joke e-mails.

I remember this from years ago as well, even though it isn't true the cookies sound REALLY good!!

heat123 said:
Hmm, didn't think to even check snope.com! Duh- still I wonder if this recipe is any good?

This recipe is WONDERFUL. It is a favorite around my house.

I will definitely pass it along to my grams, she loves cookies!!

These cookies are good.

We love these cookies, too. I got this recipe right around the same time I got a Fannie May fudge recipe. Amazingly, the fudge recipe came from a lady who was charged $250 for the recipe when she asked a worker at the candy shop for it. Maybe she's the waitress's sister!

These are the ONLY chocolate chip cookies that I make! (And now the micro-plane grater makes grating the chocolate so much easier! )
MMMMMMMMMMM Now I'm hungry.

Now, I am totally curious as to taste them! Gotta get grams to make them so I can sample 1! HEE_HEE!

Love them even though it is an urban legend.
Wanna share the fudge recipe?

I have always wanted to try that recipe

Sure, here you go. I love this recipe, too!

Fannie May Fudge
1/2 c butter (do not substitute)
3 c plus 3T white sugar
1 c plus 1 Tbrown sugar
1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
32 large marshmallows
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips
1 T vanilla
nuts if desired

Combine butter, milk, and sugars in large, heavy saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil, cover. Boil 5 minutes.
Turn off heat; add marshmallows, stir until dissolved. Add chocolates, one type at a time, stirring until melted before adding the next. Add vanilla and nuts (if desired); mix well (fudge will start to lose its gloss). Pour into lightly greased 9 x 13" or 10X15" pan (or use parchment paper). Keep refrigerated.

Thanks!!
My son turns 19 next week and loves fudge I'll send it in his care package. He wants to stay at college for his birthday and doesn't want us joining him for dinner. He comes home the next day for Easter.

What is the "$250 Cookie Recipe" all about?

The "$250 Cookie Recipe" is a recipe that has been circulating online claiming to be worth $250 because of its high-quality ingredients and amazing taste. It has gained popularity due to its extravagant name and the promise of a delicious cookie.

Is the "$250 Cookie Recipe" really worth $250?

While the recipe may claim to be worth $250, the actual cost of ingredients and labor would not add up to such a high price. The value of the recipe is subjective and may vary depending on personal taste preferences.

What are the ingredients needed for the "$250 Cookie Recipe"?

The ingredients for the "$250 Cookie Recipe" typically include flour, sugar, butter, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract. However, some variations may include more unique ingredients such as sea salt, high-quality chocolate, or even gold leaf.

Why is the "$250 Cookie Recipe" so popular?

The "$250 Cookie Recipe" has gained popularity due to its intriguing name and the promise of a high-end, delicious cookie. It has also been shared on social media and food blogs, causing it to go viral and pique people's interest.

Can I make substitutions or modifications to the "$250 Cookie Recipe"?

Yes, you can make substitutions or modifications to the "$250 Cookie Recipe" to fit your personal taste preferences or dietary restrictions. However, keep in mind that the end result may not be the same as the original recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • gingertannery
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
gingertannery
  • DebPC