• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making salsa with a salad chopper?

just in case! :)The salsa kit from Trader Joe's costs $1.99, which is cheaper than the grape tomatoes alone for PC's recipe. I'm trying the TJ's version. The salsa kit from Trader Joe's costs $1.99, which is cheaper than the grape tomatoes alone for PC's recipe. I'm trying the TJ's version.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I just had to thank you for my newest obsession! Salsa made with the salad chopper! Today, we were going to eat leftovers for lunch (Sat tradition at our house!) and there was a bit of taco meat in the fridge.....I HAD to make a fresh batch of salsa to go with it! I had a salad w/ lettuce,taco meat, cheese, and almost the whole recipe of salsa! It was soooo good!
If you hadn't posted the thread about this demo - I probably would have never discovered this tongue tingling tasty culinary delight!!:D :D :D Now off to the store to make sure I have the ingredients on hand to make more tomorrow!

Yes, isn't it AWESOME Becky?!?!?! I didn't have enough $ to get the salad choppers on kit enhancement and I'm kicking myself now... ...and/or hoping to get them in July or with my June Kit Enhancement.

Janet - if you can only afford one thing with KE - get the salad chopper! If you can afford 2 things - next, get the spinner! I have always had a hard time booking July - but this yr I actually already have 3 shows booked - all because of these 2 products! They will make you money! (Rationalization is a good thing!:p )

I did earn mid-season product so I got the spinner!!!! :)

I am borrowing the chopper the end of May from my recruiter for my show. We're doing a salad and the salsa...

...need to work on picking a good salad recipe...

janetupnorth said:
I am borrowing the chopper the end of May from my recruiter for my show. We're doing a salad and the salsa...

...need to work on picking a good salad recipe...

My absolute favorite demo salad (and home favorite too!) is the 7 layer Southwestern Salad - and it would be a perfect foil for the salsa! You could do a whole Southwest theme!

Attachments

• SevenLayer Southwestern Salad.doc
    20 KB · Views: 327
Looks like a good idea - I can still use the spinner for the beans and the lettuce.

Isn't it just the BOMB!!!! OMG, I could eat it strait from a spoon by itself or with anything! LOL! Now go get some salad choppers eveyone and demo the crap out of it and sell them like HOT Cakes! :)

heat123 said:
Isn't it just the BOMB!!!! OMG, I could eat it strait from a spoon by itself or with anything! LOL! Now go get some salad choppers eveyone and demo the crap out of it and sell them like HOT Cakes! :)

Yep! That salad I mentioned - just an excuse to eat a whole recipe of the salsa!!! Good thing it's a healthy obsession!

janetupnorth said:
Looks like a good idea - I can still use the spinner for the beans and the lettuce.

The spinner for the beans!!! I hadn't thought of that! PERFECT! Another use for the spinner!

I made a double batch of this salsa today and brought it to my sister's cookout. It's GONE!!! Everyone loved it!

It's SOOOOOO good!

DebbieJ said:
I made a double batch of this salsa today and brought it to my sister's cookout. It's GONE!!! Everyone loved it!

It's SOOOOOO good!

How was the cookout Deb?

It was fun. She lives just over an hour south of us, so we don't see her that often. My dad and his wife were there as well, so Brendan got to see Grandpa and Grandma. We just hung out in the backyard and ate and drank too much. :)

Does the 7 layer salad need any tweaking to fit into the trifle? It sounds sooo good! And how much salsa do you have to make? just once batch as described in the catalog?? Thx!! -Deb

At Trader Joe's, they have a salsa kit for just $1.99!! woohoooo! That's cheaper then the grape tomatoes alone for PC's recipe, so that's what I'm doing today--trying the TJ's version.

YUM!!

And I have a bucket of margaritas in my freezer, so I'm set. :):):):):):):):)

4kids4me said:
Does the 7 layer salad need any tweaking to fit into the trifle? It sounds sooo good! And how much salsa do you have to make? just once batch as described in the catalog?? Thx!! -Deb

The salad fits fine in the trifle bowl, but I like it better in a shallower bowl - easier to get all the layers out at the same time! For my 8 pt parties, I have been making it in the Dots large round bowl, and then making a strawberry Trifle in the trifle bowl.

I'm sure that one recipe of the salsa would be enough for it.....but I would make extra to eat on the side with chips!;)

I am buying an extra salad spinner for extracting the water out of my hand washables. I read on here the tip for using the fam.size QSP for dainties and I have sold alot of these for that purpose. I use them both for my bras all the time!

the springform pan is perfect for 7 layer dip

Ok, I'm confused. Do you use the salsa recipe for the salad?

What is the salsa recipe, please? Thanks!

P. 22 in the catalog is the salsa fresca recipe with the choppers you will see it in the corner. HTH!

Just got my replacement choppers, used them to demo the salsa tonight and sold 2 pairs! Yippeeee!

1. How do I use "Thanks Heather! (Heat123)"?

"Thanks Heather! (Heat123)" is a special code that you can use to redeem discounts and promotions on your Pampered Chef purchases. Simply enter the code at checkout to receive your discount.

2. Is "Thanks Heather! (Heat123)" only valid for one use?

No, "Thanks Heather! (Heat123)" can be used multiple times as long as the promotion it is associated with is still active. Once the promotion has ended, the code will no longer be valid.

3. Can I combine "Thanks Heather! (Heat123)" with other discount codes?

Unfortunately, "Thanks Heather! (Heat123)" cannot be combined with other discount codes. However, it can be used in conjunction with our existing sales and promotions.

4. How do I know if "Thanks Heather! (Heat123)" is still valid?

You can check the validity of "Thanks Heather! (Heat123)" by looking at the expiration date on the promotion it is associated with. If the promotion has not yet ended, the code will still be valid.

5. Can I share "Thanks Heather! (Heat123)" with my friends and family?

Absolutely! "Thanks Heather! (Heat123)" is a great way to share discounts and promotions with your loved ones. However, please keep in mind that the code can only be used once per customer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefshawna
Replies
Views
kam
  • christy_c
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebbieJ