• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Discontinued Products: Top Picks for Stocking Up | Our Store

In summary, the new items for the 2008 Christmas season are the following: the Bell Pepper & Herb Rub, the Round UP from the Heart, the Professional Cookware Set, the Serrated Bread Knife, the Lid Set, and the Nonstick Cake Pan Set.
pamperedtara said:
From Special Edition KCN (Sorry for order, I tried to put 2 per line but they were too hard to read; didn't want to retype it all)

Large Square Platter (1942)
4 pc Colander/Bowl Set (2795)-restyled
Colored Sm Bowl Set (2029)
Lid Set (2798)
Wine Bottle Opener (1035) -restyled
Hand Soap & Lotion Set (2977)
Tiles napkins (2176 & 2178))
Steak Knife Set (1035)
Oil Dipping Set (2310)
Serrated Bread Knife (1285):cry:
Lg Serving Tongs (2565)
BBQ Fork (2693)
Springform Pan (1541) restyle
Nonstick Cake Pan Set (9611) restyle
BBQ Tools Bag (2699)
Oval Baker (1300)
Cheese Bistro Set (9565)
Sm Oval Bakers (1316 & 1334)
Hold 'n Slice (Cranberry) (1102)
Deep Dish Baker (1317)
Cranberry Scraper Collection (1666-69)
Sm Round Stone (1375)
SS Double Balloon Whisk (1765)
Mini-Baker (1395)
Festive Desserts Set (2152)
6-cup Muffin Pan (1468):cry:
Season's Best F/W 07(1891)
Una Muestra F/W 07(1892)
Great Grilling Seasoning & Recipe Collection (2119)
Professional Cookware Line (2385;2760-69)
Cranberry Vine Guest Towel Set (2989)
Let's Eat Cookbook (2221)
Turkey Basics Recipe cards (2844)
Chipotle Ranch Seasoning Mix (9648)
Great Grilling Recipe cards (2848)
Zesty Guacomole Seasoning Mix (9710)
Bell Pepper & Herb Rub (9735)

From Spanish Catalog
TPC Recetas De Pavo (2846)
TPC Pescado del Dia Recipe card Collection (2857)

Is it just ME?!?! Am I MISSING something? Why oh WHY are they discontinuing ALL the small bakers?!?! Mini baker, small oval baker, oval baker, deep dish baker?!?! What the heck are we supposed to make/demo dips and things in? Now we'll only have the square, rectangle and covered? Tell me I'm wrong will you please! I'm TOTALLY freaking out here (if you couldn't tell :blushing: )

Can't believe they are getting rid of the soap and lotion set, I've got loyal customers who order that, guess I'll be making some calls.

Why then on the survey did they ask if we would want sample size lotion and soaps, if they are getting rid of them?? Duh!?!

Lisa

ChefJoyJ said:
I looked the numbers up in the catalog and it's only the french vanilla.

Maybe cranberry was a better seller?

Ok... that makes more sense.

kcjodih said:
Is it just ME?!?! Am I MISSING something? Why oh WHY are they discontinuing ALL the small bakers?!?! Mini baker, small oval baker, oval baker, deep dish baker?!?! What the heck are we supposed to make/demo dips and things in? Now we'll only have the square, rectangle and covered? Tell me I'm wrong will you please! I'm TOTALLY freaking out here (if you couldn't tell :blushing: )

See my post above - I checked product numbers and it is only the french vanilla. Cranberry will still be available.

oops - faster poster than me! :D

I am bummed to see the guac go. I love it and make it all the time (at home and at shows). I also love the small round stone for making nachos and reheating leftovers. I guess I can see why most of the things are going though. I will for sure be making some calls very soon. I think this will work in my favor for getting some more orders in this month and next.

dwyerkim said:
Why are they ditching the oval/mini oval baker and deep dish baker/mini baker? That surprises me, especially as there is not new stoneware pieces being added... are they thinking the DCB replaced the two larger ones? And maybe people don't order the smaller ones? I recently got the deep dish baker in green off of the outlet and I love it!

Small Oval Baker is gone for good.

Oval Baker, Deep Dish Baker, and Mini Baker will continue in Cranberry only.

DebbieJ said:
Small Oval Baker is gone for good.

Guess I'm getting me a small oval baker! (for my personal use)

RaggedyAunt said:
Joy, there is no guarantee a discontinued item will go into the Outlet. It depends upon the amount of stock left onhand after the selling season. If nothing else, order it on a paperwork supply order and get it for 40% off, instead of using your FPV.

I better get ordering a few more stoneware items before they are gone!:eek:

Did anyone else notice how they're discontinuing the guac mix, BUT putting out a redesigned avocado knife? It struck me much like when they discontinued the coffee, THEN put out the scoop clip. Some of their decisions boggle my mind... I, too, am completely surprised over the number of stoneware pieces being discontinued. Fall should be interesting to see what comes out then...

The avocado peeler was back by popular demand. I've had many customers ask for it to come back. You can still make guac without our mix. :)

ChefJoyJ said:
I looked the numbers up in the catalog and it's only the french vanilla.

Maybe cranberry was a better seller?
Both of the small ovals are gone:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I just ordered the mini-baker in cranberry, and I'm glad to hear they're keeping that color...I want to use it for the Hot Pizza Dip at shows! I also bought the small round stone, so I could use it for my own personal stuff (reheating pizza, etc. when DH is working nights). It's being d/c'd, but at least it's not something I was planning on demo'ing too often, if at all.
How often do they come out with new stoneware pieces? Are they going to replace the d/c'd items in the fall with something new and fantastic? Let's hope so, right?! :)

I was hoping they'd come out with some sort of lid for some of the other stoneware pieces. I have people ask me for them all the time.

RaggedyAunt said:
Did anyone else notice how they're discontinuing the guac mix, BUT putting out a redesigned avocado knife? It struck me much like when they discontinued the coffee, THEN put out the scoop clip. Some of their decisions boggle my mind... I, too, am completely surprised over the number of stoneware pieces being discontinued. Fall should be interesting to see what comes out then...

Same thoughts here... sometimes HO's decisions seem strange until we see the "bigger" picture a season or so later. Never a dull moment with HO!

I will not miss the Tiles Napkins.

What's the deal with ordering a stone on a supply order for 40% off?

pamperedtara said:

Will the hand soap still be available??? I absolutely love it and have it eat every sink in my house!!!!

Didn't the cranberry scraper collection just come out in the Fall catalog? I wonder why it's being d/c so soon? I have people who love that color. I sure hope they don't plan to bring those out in that green. :yuck:

Chef Endora said:
What's the deal with ordering a stone on a supply order for 40% off?

Sorry for the confusion--Joy had mentioned the guacamole dip and that her husband wanted some since it was being discontinued. I didn't quote that in my response, but told her she should order it (meaning the guac mix) on paperwork supply at 40% off and use her FPV for full-price items.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Tammy

ChefJoyJ said:
See my post above - I checked product numbers and it is only the french vanilla. Cranberry will still be available.

Oh thank goodness! Praise the Lord! AND Joy for calming me down!! LOL :D :D

I am also puzzled by why they would discontinue so much stoneware...glad to see some of those will still be available in cranberry, it is a much better color anyway. Also, why are they getting rid of the guac.? I sell lots of it. I also sold lots of the salsa mix. I was hoping they would bring it back as a set of 3 individual packets. I had better call my friend Monday and tell her it is being "retired". She is going to go nuts. She also loves it. I was hoping they would keep the cranberry scrapers. I love the color.

It does seem weird they're discontinuing the cranberry scrapers that are currently available, but adding 3 more next season. I guess it's to prod those guests who want them now to get them now. But, what about new customers (after March) who see the new cranberry ones and ask about the others that are being discontinued? I don't know what they can't simultaneously carry both colors in the scrapers for a longer time. Who knows?! lol

RaggedyAunt said:
It does seem weird they're discontinuing the cranberry scrapers that are currently available, but adding 3 more next season. I guess it's to prod those guests who want them now to get them now. But, what about new customers (after March) who see the new cranberry ones and ask about the others that are being discontinued? I don't know what they can't simultaneously carry both colors in the scrapers for a longer time. Who knows?! lol
I think it's just b/c it was a seasonal color? I think it was the same way when they had the scrapers in turquoise, sea green and the other color in 2006. I do like the Cranberry though.

OMG!!! Zesty Guacomole Seasoning Mix is going!!!! :eek: The mini baker!!!

darlinclem said:
Since we are going to have the Chipotle Rub we may be able to make the dip with it..

AAaaaaahhhhhh!!
Hadn't even thought of that...thatnks for pointing that out...I am breathing a little sigh of relief now :)

I think they're d/c the vanilla-colored stoneware because they'll introduce a new stoneware in the Fall. (in addition to the cranberry). It's been a while since we've had new stoneware colours. The cranberry ones have been around for over 2 years now.

RebelChef said:
Didn't the cranberry scraper collection just come out in the Fall catalog? I wonder why it's being d/c so soon? I have people who love that color. I sure hope they don't plan to bring those out in that green. :yuck:

Check out the last page of the LONG thread. There's a new pic posted of the new cranberry scrapers. I LOVE them!!:love:

DebbieJ said:
The avocado peeler was back by popular demand. I've had many customers ask for it to come back. You can still make guac without our mix. :)

Guacamole is 1 of THE EASIEST things to make, I've made it at my shows alot showing the mix & masher.......;)

I agree - they should keep the cranberry scrapers. I know they only kept the other colored ones for 1 catalog, but the cranberry match all the other cranberry products (stoneware, placemats, etc).

The only think I don't like about the cranberry is dust seems to stick to them:yuck: !

What is up with the STONES bein discontinued? That is a lot and a lot of what I sale. What is the deal! Are they being redone? I am confused and shocked about this!!:mad: :grumpy:

jrstephens said:
What is up with the STONES bein discontinued? That is a lot and a lot of what I sale. What is the deal! Are they being redone? I am confused and shocked about this!!:mad: :grumpy:

If you look farther up through this thread, it's just the vanilla color!! At least, that's my understanding....:confused:

The only thing I'm bummed about on this list is the guacamole mix. I have TONS of people who order that regularly, including myself. I know it's easy to make, but it's easier with the mix!! I'm gonna have to order about 100 boxes of the stuff between now and the end of Feb.!!! ;)

Hey all -- I'm redesigning the Going Going Gone flyer... does this sound right?

Restyled or re-colored products:

Lid Set (2798)
Oval Baker (1300)
Deep Dish Baker (1317)
Mini-Baker (1395)

and the rest are outight discontinued (no similar substitute or restyle)...?

It helps me to segment the flyer that way.

Thanks,
Joy

cathyskitchen said:
The only thing I'm bummed about on this list is the guacamole mix. I have TONS of people who order that regularly, including myself. I know it's easy to make, but it's easier with the mix!! I'm gonna have to order about 100 boxes of the stuff between now and the end of Feb.!!! ;)
:( Me too, Cathy! :cry:although I'm also sad about the serrated bread knife, and the Let's Eat Cookbook!

Last edited:
It is not to bad, but of course I just bought myself the colander bowl set for X-mas. So now I won't be able to bring it to shows. I am still glad I bought it.

pamperedtara said:
From Special Edition KCN (Sorry for order, I tried to put 2 per line but they were too hard to read; didn't want to retype it all)

Lid Set (2798)
Steak Knife Set (1035)
Oil Dipping Set (2310)
Lg Serving Tongs (2565)
BBQ Fork (2693)
BBQ Tools Bag (2699)
Oval Baker (1300)
Cheese Bistro Set (9565)
Deep Dish Baker (1317)
Sm Round Stone (1375)
Mini-Baker (1395)
Una Muestra F/W 07(1892)

From Spanish Catalog

The only two items that I really use alot that they are discontinuing are the balloon whisk and the small round stone. I personally don't sell alot of these though! I'm wondering if I should get the lid set for the colander and bowl set that I already have. I don't really use it but they lids may come in handy. I do have a couple people that were thinking about getting the 4 small bowls before that I need to get in touch with to see if they want them before they discontinue them!

climbercanoe3 said:
It is not to bad, but of course I just bought myself the colander bowl set for X-mas. So now I won't be able to bring it to shows. I am still glad I bought it.

How did you buy it? Is it within the 30 days that you could ship it back to PC for free to get a refund? Then you can purchase the new one when it comes out.

I bought it at a November show to help with sell-a-thon. It is past the 30 days, since it shipped before Thanksgiving. I might just buy the lids like you had mentioned and if I do bring it I can mention the great new changes. :)

climbercanoe3 said:
I bought it at a November show to help with sell-a-thon. It is past the 30 days, since it shipped before Thanksgiving. I might just buy the lids like you had mentioned and if I do bring it I can mention the great new changes. :)

I don't bring mine to my shows but I do bring a discontinued quick stir pitcher when I make one of the juice recipes. I just tell them that PC has upgraded since I bought mine!

darlinclem said:
We actually had the Salina Journal (in Salina, KS) rate the Green Santuko Knife one of the best products of the summer this last summer. They said the great parts about it was its lightweight feel (great for people with Carpal Tunnel) and the small size (much better suited to smaller women). I sell a TON of both green knives.

Hmmm, make me wonder because Houston had the exact same right up on that knife. I got orders from it too!

dannyzmom said:
OMG - I can't believe they're d/c'ing the Chipotle Ranch Dip Mix!
I sell SO much of that. I have an entire office of women who buy it in major quanitiies!!!

darlinclem said:
Since we are going to have the Chipotle Rub we may be able to make the dip with it..

When I was in the Product Show case after the closing session, I got some one on one time with the lady in the videos mixing the recipes. She is very nice and said that the new Chipotle seasoning could be used as a substitute. I am curious about the differences though

dwyerkim said:
Why are they ditching the oval/mini oval baker and deep dish baker/mini baker? That surprises me, especially as there is not new stoneware pieces being added... are they thinking the DCB replaced the two larger ones? And maybe people don't order the smaller ones? I recently got the deep dish baker in green off of the outlet and I love it!

While I was at the airport waiting for my plane several people from HO were waiting in the same area for their planes after ours. I spoke for a long time with one of the sales managers and a friend asked her what makes an item be discontinued she said they have a list of the products that are selling the least. They use that list for the decisions.

As far as the stoneware - I very seldom sell those products. We did have a stop sell on the mini baker a few years ago but many people were demonstrating the latest recipe in that stone. Other than that, there may be very few sold. We may like them but with stones they aren't one of our top sellers. I was surprised by many of them but can bet that it is statistics that is the majority of the decision factor.

While some of have items we have sold a lot of (me - there are few items on that list I was bummed about) BUT we may be one of a few and so we loose items we like. It is obvious that they bring items back because of requests so if you are missing an item let them know.

Christ Follower said:
I am bummed to see the guac go. I love it and make it all the time (at home and at shows). I also love the small round stone for making nachos and reheating leftovers. I guess I can see why most of the things are going though. I will for sure be making some calls very soon. I think this will work in my favor for getting some more orders in this month and next.

We use ours all the time too. I loved that it was another item that we could offer to fit in toaster ovens.

I sell lots of the Mini-Bakers - and always in cranberry, so I am glad they are keeping that color! I promote it as being great for hot dips and the perfect size for the boxed scalloped & augratin potato mixes. I sell a couple at nearly everyshow by telling them that! As for the small oval baker - I've only sold one in 3 years!

Christ Follower said:
I think it's just b/c it was a seasonal color? I think it was the same way when they had the scrapers in turquoise, sea green and the other color in 2006. I do like the Cranberry though.

I agree, I am thinking it is like when we brought in the several different colors. Although it is slightly confusing considering we have so much cranberry in the line.

I am wondering if they don't make as many of a seasonal color item. It there is enough people who say they want them back in the cranberry it may be added to the line permanently. I need to check the catalog because sometimes they say they will only be available for a short time too.

ChefBeckyD said:
Exactly! Plus, I always tell people it is one of the hidden treasures in the catalog! Less than $10, lifetime warranty, dishwasher safe....can't beat it! I sell a ton of them. The green one is double the price of the black one - I sure hope it's not the end for it!
I didn't know it was dishwasher safe. I've been hand washing it all along. I would really like the FC bread knife. It looks like now I'll have to get one. I don't like the green knife that I have.

Cindycooks said:
I sell lots of the Mini-Bakers - and always in cranberry, so I am glad they are keeping that color! I promote it as being great for hot dips and the perfect size for the boxed scalloped & augratin potato mixes. I sell a couple at nearly everyshow by telling them that! As for the small oval baker - I've only sold one in 3 years!

Yep, I am also wondering if they aren't starting to phase out the French Vanilla. Maybe it is not as big of a seller as the Cranberry. Can you imagine how much room it takes to keep all those stones in the warehouse? Shoot, we have 3 different rectangle bakers - one Classic, one French Vanilla and one Cranberry and then to keep in enough in stock to fill orders of each one. Now do that for every piece of stoneware. Crazy,,, just crazy..

dwyerkim said:

I completely agree... I love the mini/oval baker and the mini baker and I have sold lots of the small round stones. These are the pieces that are a great pitch for college, single and couples or starter/try me pieces.:cry:

pamperedtara said:

Lid Set (2798)
Steak Knife Set (1035)
Oil Dipping Set (2310)
Lg Serving Tongs (2565)
BBQ Fork (2693)
BBQ Tools Bag (2699)
Oval Baker (1300)
Cheese Bistro Set (9565)
Deep Dish Baker (1317)
Sm Round Stone (1375)
Mini-Baker (1395)
Una Muestra F/W 07(1892)

From Spanish Catalog

Wow - there's quite a bit of Stoneware on that list!
We may have to get some more of the small round stones!

Okay everyone, here is the discontinued items flyer -- let me know if I missed anything...

Updated flyers can be found here: http://www.tastytidbits.net/flyers.htm

<h2>1. What is the "Discover Discontinued Products" section on the Pampered Chef website?</h2><p>The "Discover Discontinued Products" section on our website is where you can find a selection of our most popular products that have been discontinued. These products are still available for purchase, but only for a limited time, so it's a great opportunity to stock up on your favorites before they're gone for good!</p><h2>2. How often are new products added to the "Discover Discontinued Products" section?</h2><p>We add new products to the "Discover Discontinued Products" section on a regular basis as items become discontinued. However, the selection and availability of products may vary, so we recommend checking back frequently to see if any of your favorites have been added.</p><h2>3. Can I still purchase these discontinued products after they are removed from the website?</h2><p>Once a discontinued product is removed from the website, it will no longer be available for purchase. We recommend stocking up on your favorites while they are still in the "Discover Discontinued Products" section to ensure you don't miss out.</p><h2>4. Are the prices of discontinued products discounted?</h2><p>In most cases, the prices of discontinued products will remain the same as they were before they were discontinued. However, there may be occasional sales or promotions that offer discounted prices on these products. We recommend keeping an eye out for any deals or discounts on the "Discover Discontinued Products" page.</p><h2>5. Can I return or exchange discontinued products?</h2><p>Unfortunately, discontinued products cannot be returned or exchanged. However, our customer satisfaction guarantee still applies to all products, so if you are unsatisfied with a discontinued product, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.</p>

1. What is the "Discover Discontinued Products" section on the Pampered Chef website?

The "Discover Discontinued Products" section on our website is where you can find a selection of our most popular products that have been discontinued. These products are still available for purchase, but only for a limited time, so it's a great opportunity to stock up on your favorites before they're gone for good!

2. How often are new products added to the "Discover Discontinued Products" section?

We add new products to the "Discover Discontinued Products" section on a regular basis as items become discontinued. However, the selection and availability of products may vary, so we recommend checking back frequently to see if any of your favorites have been added.

3. Can I still purchase these discontinued products after they are removed from the website?

Once a discontinued product is removed from the website, it will no longer be available for purchase. We recommend stocking up on your favorites while they are still in the "Discover Discontinued Products" section to ensure you don't miss out.

4. Are the prices of discontinued products discounted?

In most cases, the prices of discontinued products will remain the same as they were before they were discontinued. However, there may be occasional sales or promotions that offer discounted prices on these products. We recommend keeping an eye out for any deals or discounts on the "Discover Discontinued Products" page.

5. Can I return or exchange discontinued products?

Unfortunately, discontinued products cannot be returned or exchanged. However, our customer satisfaction guarantee still applies to all products, so if you are unsatisfied with a discontinued product, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • Susan M
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies