• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Veggie Slicer Discontinued: Quality Issues Cited

In summary, the Veggie Slicer will stay on stop sell for the remainder of the season and then be discontinued.
NooraK
Gold Member
Just received this email:

Dear Consultant,

I have some disappointing news to share about the Veggie Slicer (#2584).

As you know, we discovered quality inconsistencies during inspections of incoming stock, which resulted in us putting this item on stop sell in November. The good news is our vendor was able to produce enough quality product to fill all backorders, which were shipped earlier this month. Unfortunately, they have not been able to consistently meet both our quality standard and the quantity required to keep this product in our line.

Therefore, effective immediately, the Veggie Slicer will stay on stop sell for the remainder of the season and will then be discontinued.

You can order “Not available” stickers by writing them in on a supply order. Additionally, we will include stickers with new catalog orders.

We know this is disappointing news, and we apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Rich Hlava
Senior Vice President, Operations

Bummer! I had a couple people who really wanted one. I actually liked mine for things like celery and carrots. Didn't really work for much else.

No love lost here. Hated it.

I am so sad because this was one item I really wanted but didn't get around to ordering before it went on stop sell! :(

I had several people that were interested in this product, too. Too bad the kinks could not be worked out as I was hoping to try it myself.

esavvymom said:
No love lost here. Hated it.

ditto. Just didn't pan out the way I'd hoped it would. Glad I don't have one.

I would be glad to sell mine. I only used it once to try it on a carrot.

I only used mine for celery once.

hated mine so I gave it to a customer who wanted to order one and couldn't... No word from her whether she liked it or not...

Just used mine tonight on baby carrots for a salad - worked great!

1. What quality issues were cited for the discontinued veggie slicer?

The main quality issue cited for the discontinued veggie slicer was the blade becoming dull quickly, making it difficult to slice through vegetables effectively. This resulted in uneven and messy cuts, which was not up to the standards of Pampered Chef.

2. Is there a replacement product available for the discontinued veggie slicer?

Yes, there is a replacement product available for the discontinued veggie slicer. The new veggie slicer has a stronger and sharper blade, addressing the quality issues that were previously cited. It also has additional features such as a non-slip grip and adjustable thickness settings.

3. Can the old veggie slicer be returned for a refund?

Unfortunately, the old veggie slicer cannot be returned for a refund as it has been discontinued. However, if you are unsatisfied with the performance of the product, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

4. How long was the veggie slicer on the market before it was discontinued?

The veggie slicer was on the market for approximately 2 years before it was discontinued. During this time, Pampered Chef received feedback and conducted quality tests, ultimately leading to the decision to discontinue the product.

5. Will the new veggie slicer have a warranty?

Yes, the new veggie slicer will come with a warranty, just like all of our other products. The warranty covers any defects or issues with the product, giving you peace of mind when making your purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Amanda_RI