• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oh My Goodness--No More Ice Cream Scoop?

I'm curious, having only been with PC for a year or so...is this common where items go on a stop sell or have been discontinued?
lkhartmann said:
However I will not be encouraging my guest to get them before it's gone as I don't want to deal with the issues.

Thank you for voicing what I've been thinking. I don't need the hassle and I surely don't want my customers to purchase something that (possibly) is going to have a problem. Makes us look bad.

just got the email - stop sell as of MIDNIGHT tonight

Today midnight is the last orders for the ice cream scoopers for good. They are not waiting till the 20th. The demand was too high.

Guess what, I think they are done taking orders for the scoop...one of my consultants tried putting in a show for them and it's not letting her and I just tried as well...I think if they say MIDNIGHT, they should mean MIDNIGHT...AND they aren't even there tonight to field any issues. This was a botched deal...very poorly handled but what can we do? Nothing. It's a shame but what is...is.

Curious as to why folks are running towards this thing while the company is running away from it. Let the adjustments begin.

so much for the midnight deadline!! CAN'T ORDER THEM ANYMORE :(

chefsteph07 said:
Guess what, I think they are done taking orders for the scoop...one of my consultants tried putting in a show for them and it's not letting her and I just tried as well...I think if they say MIDNIGHT, they should mean MIDNIGHT...AND they aren't even there tonight to field any issues. This was a botched deal...very poorly handled but what can we do? Nothing. It's a shame but what is...is.
I agree! I understand them putting it on stop sell, but if you send an email saying MIDNIGHT, then it should be midnight. Otherwise, email or call us with the automated system to let us know!

Last edited:
They said midnight but they also said while supplies last. They were judging by what had come in so far and thought they'd last until that time. They didn't have to send that email. The original email said or while supplies last so they could have not given us that extra heads up today. Do you have a crystal ball? Neither do they. Do you think they wanted this to happen? I don't. They gave us notice so we could get the orders we already had in not so we could tell the world (not that they didn't expect us to anyway).

Geesh people....law of supply and demand! You demanded them, and they ran out. What can they do? They can't pull them out of thin air, and if they are a poor quality product, do you REALLY want them to go to your customers anyway?? You will have some unhappy customers. I bet you'll find a lot of CONSULTANTS ordered them, not just customers.....stocking up. They'll start popping up on ebay soon. ;)It is what it is. They tried, people reacted, and it went faster than expected. I would fully expect they will come out with something, but it will take some time I'm sure. HOPEFULLY they were already working on this as a backup plan when they first announced it last year....but we'll see.

tried to submit show and it won't go through with scoops on it.

Yep, they're gone!! Sad but oh well!!

Heck, they said Jan 20. It is what it is. I am sad to see it go but these days, nothing is as good as they claim. I am glad that PC is serious about quality control!

I feel that I need to clarify my post- I am not upset that they are not available. I get the supply and demand concept. All I wanted to say was that feel they could have emailed us to let us know that they had completely sold out. That way I wouldn't have spent time putting in an order I wasn't able to.

Also, while they are pulling the product for quality issues, it doesn't mean that every one they ship is bad. I have ordered a few within the last few months and none of them have the issues.

You should see all the people freaking out on FB. If the supply is low and the demand is high they will run out. They probably didn't expect them to go as fast as they did.

I don't agree with posting it on FB. That is the page for customers to post, not us. It is not fair to PC for consultants to post negative things. While I think this could have been handled better, if you have something negative to say take it up privately with the company!!

my 3 ladies insisted i try to find them! wow....but fortunately i did...they know about the problems but want them anyway....we shall see.....

heather223 said:
I don't agree with posting it on FB. That is the page for customers to post, not us. It is not fair to PC for consultants to post negative things. While I think this could have been handled better, if you have something negative to say take it up privately with the company!!

Wish I could be a moderator for that site. Ugh! People are so unprofessional on there. Don't they even stop to think that their friends are seeing their comments in their ticker and how everyone in the world is seeing them bad mouth the company?! Yuck. Another reason I don't direct customers to that site. Even when they run contests and promotions, I don't share it...too ridiculous with all the self-promoting and griping and business questions on there that make people think the company doesn't train its consultants. If people are tech savvy to be on FB, they should be able to find the consultant forum or this site. Why don't they e-mail Home Office with their complaints?!

Okay, vent over...

I wouldn't want to buy one. Hello, common sense.
They were pulled for a reason. Wow. Why would anyone in their right mind want to buy one that leaks?

babywings76 said:
Wish I could be a moderator for that site. Ugh! People are so unprofessional on there. Don't they even stop to think that their friends are seeing their comments in their ticker and how everyone in the world is seeing them bad mouth the company?! Yuck. Another reason I don't direct customers to that site. Even when they run contests and promotions, I don't share it...too ridiculous with all the self-promoting and griping and business questions on there that make people think the company doesn't train its consultants. If people are tech savvy to be on FB, they should be able to find the consultant forum or this site. Why don't they e-mail Home Office with their complaints?!

Okay, vent over...
I totally agree.:thumbup:

Just talked to solution center. People were ordering 50 on a show,so they had to shut it down!

I only wanted 10. I wasn't trying to get alot just a few to close my show. :/

yeah, me too, I justed wanted 7. Hey it least it got me on the phone!

Yoir right. Just embarrassed I had too cancel with them.

Well consider it a lesson learned. If this ever happens again tell them that you don't know how many are left or how fast they'll go but you will TRY to get them one. Don't promise.

aried said:
Just talked to solution center. People were ordering 50 on a show,so they had to shut it down!

See. I told you it was consultants hogging them all. Check ebay later this week. ;)

The manufacturer of this product is Zeroll in case anyone wants to buy some for themselves or family and use that company's warranty. But i bet its not as good as the pampered chef warranty nor its customer service.

It is too bad some have to "abuse" if you will the system. I had legit outside orders for a couple when I arrived at my Sat. show and had to tell the host she'd loose out on the sale. Plus, I lost the commission. Although I'm not surprised people were going crazy ordering them....good for them, bad for the rest of us who didn't blast the message to the skies.

I personally didn't promote them going away for two reasons - quality issues on the ones they had in stock and the craziness that just happened!

wadesgirl said:
I personally didn't promote them going away for two reasons - quality issues on the ones they had in stock and the craziness that just happened!

Same here. I did put it on FB the last day but didn't get any takers.

I just hope that the one that was missing from the order that was delivered on Thursday is fulfilled. I called to let them know it was missing on Friday afternoon.

higoobs said:
The manufacturer of this product is Zeroll in case anyone wants to buy some for themselves or family and use that company's warranty. But i bet its not as good as the pampered chef warranty nor its customer service.

I would caution people against ordering from Zeroll, I say this because while we are the only one to recall and pull their ice cream scoop from our line I would be curious to know if they have issues with scoops manufactured for other vendors. My thought is they are made the same way. Our recall was voluntary. Not everyone has the same high quality standards PC does. Just my thoughts!

The same thing happened when they announced that the Chillzanne collection was being discontinued. HO figured they would have enough to finish out the selling season but with the announcement, people - again I think Consultants - were ordering 10s and 20s of them and they ran out before the selling season ended. Again, HO put in the blurb about "or while supplies last." CYA move on their part and it happens, they could not predict that people all over the place would order a ton of the small bowls. I was one of them. I got on the phone and sold a few over the phone and got them but at a show the last week of the selling season I sold 25 of the small bowls, 13 of the big bowls and I think about 10 of the Rectangle Server. I did not sell any of the round modular ones. I ended up not getting any of the ones I ordered on that show even though HO said they would have enough. The "while supplies last" covered that possibility though. Like others have said, it is what it is and HO can not predict what will happen with sales when those discontinued announcements are made. In this case of the Ice Cream Dipper, there is no way in you know where that I would have promoted the sale of a product that 1) could potentially hurt someone, 2) could not be replaced if something did go wrong or 3) would run out before the order could be fulfilled. I learned my lesson early on. I DO NOT EVEN PROMOTE THE DISCONTINUED ITEMS at the end of a selling season any more because again, I have had to disappoint customers because the supply was not there. Or when the product did come, I have had to tell people who had purchased a product with problems and could not replace them, but just get them a refund. Personally, safety first.

pampered1224 said:
The same thing happened when they announced that the Chillzanne collection was being discontinued. HO figured they would have enough to finish out the selling season but with the announcement, people - again I think Consultants - were ordering 10s and 20s of them and they ran out before the selling season ended. Again, HO put in the blurb about "or while supplies last." CYA move on their part and it happens, they could not predict that people all over the place would order a ton of the small bowls. I was one of them. I got on the phone and sold a few over the phone and got them but at a show the last week of the selling season I sold 25 of the small bowls, 13 of the big bowls and I think about 10 of the Rectangle Server. I did not sell any of the round modular ones. I ended up not getting any of the ones I ordered on that show even though HO said they would have enough. The "while supplies last" covered that possibility though. Like others have said, it is what it is and HO can not predict what will happen with sales when those discontinued announcements are made. In this case of the Ice Cream Dipper, there is no way in you know where that I would have promoted the sale of a product that 1) could potentially hurt someone, 2) could not be replaced if something did go wrong or 3) would run out before the order could be fulfilled. I learned my lesson early on. I DO NOT EVEN PROMOTE THE DISCONTINUED ITEMS at the end of a selling season any more because again, I have had to disappoint customers because the supply was not there. Or when the product did come, I have had to tell people who had purchased a product with problems and could not replace them, but just get them a refund. Personally, safety first.
I don't promote them either. I used to but I got a lot of "why aren't they on discount if they're discontinued". And I got very few "gotta have it before its gone sales". If someone asks I tell them. If someone orders I tell them they got the item just in time and I do say we'll get the order in right away because it's while supply lasts. Then I tell the host that we really need to close it is 24 hours so Joe can get his ______ - especially if it is one of the "supply is limited" items.You know, people have been selling things for centuries and things have been getting discontinued. We need to get past this. It's part of being in sales.

For the future, they should put a limit on the number any person can order. I would say especially a limit on the number a consultant can order, but we all know many would just order in their DH or some family members name....probably even their dog's name. ;). But if they said "limit 2 per person", that mit help with the supply stretching further.

pampered1224 said:
I DO NOT EVEN PROMOTE THE DISCONTINUED ITEMS at the end of a selling season any more .

I don't promote discontinued items anymore either. Unless I know that someone is trying to complete a collection of something, and then it's a personal phone call or email to let them know.

Many of my customers are very savvy, and they know that what is discontinued this season will eventually end up on the Outlet, so they are willing to wait and get it for a good discount then. So I don't promote disc. items, but I always promote the Outlet when new products arrive on there! :)

I have to say now that this is all said and done I have learned from this. I will continue to shared discontinued items with my customers, but only the items that are discontinued at the end of a season. I won't be sharing items, like the Ice Cream Dipper, that are being discontinued because of a recall.

heather223 said:
I have to say now that this is all said and done I have learned from this. I will continue to shared discontinued items with my customers, but only the items that are discontinued at the end of a season. I won't be sharing items, like the Ice Cream Dipper, that are being discontinued because of a recall.

IMO, that's how it's supposed to be. HO lets us know about stop sells before they occur so that we may accommodate customers who may have already placed an order with a show, not so we can make a mad dash to get huge numbers of orders in before the deadline.

NooraK said:
IMO, that's how it's supposed to be. HO lets us know about stop sells before they occur so that we may accommodate customers who may have already placed an order with a show, not so we can make a mad dash to get huge numbers of orders in before the deadline.

Exactly! :chef:

NooraK said:
I was admitting my thinking on it was wrong. I wasn't trying to get a ton of orders, but simply posted on my Facebook page and spoke to the few customers that had it on their wish list. I had a whopping 4 I was trying to order. All I was saying was it was a lesson well learned for me and in the future I will not post on Facebook.

<h2>What is the reason for discontinuing the Ice Cream Dipper?</h2><p>The supplier for the Ice Cream Dipper (#2730) is unable to consistently provide the quality of product that we expect, so we have made the decision to discontinue it from our product line.</p><h2>When will the Ice Cream Dipper no longer be available for purchase?</h2><p>The Ice Cream Dipper will only be available while supplies last, and we anticipate discontinuing it from our product line on January 20, 2012.</p><h2>How will orders including the Ice Cream Dipper be handled?</h2><p>Orders including the Ice Cream Dipper will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis until January 20, 2012. After that date, the product will no longer be available for sale.</p><h2>Can we still order the Ice Cream Dipper even though it is being discontinued?</h2><p>Yes, you can continue to order the Ice Cream Dipper while supplies last until January 20, 2012. However, after that date, the product will no longer be available for purchase.</p><h2>Where can we get "Not available" stickers for our catalogs?</h2><p>You can order "Not available" stickers for your catalogs by writing them in on a supply order. Additionally, they will be included with new catalog orders.</p>

What is the reason for discontinuing the Ice Cream Dipper?

The supplier for the Ice Cream Dipper (#2730) is unable to consistently provide the quality of product that we expect, so we have made the decision to discontinue it from our product line.

When will the Ice Cream Dipper no longer be available for purchase?

The Ice Cream Dipper will only be available while supplies last, and we anticipate discontinuing it from our product line on January 20, 2012.

How will orders including the Ice Cream Dipper be handled?

Orders including the Ice Cream Dipper will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis until January 20, 2012. After that date, the product will no longer be available for sale.

Can we still order the Ice Cream Dipper even though it is being discontinued?

Yes, you can continue to order the Ice Cream Dipper while supplies last until January 20, 2012. However, after that date, the product will no longer be available for purchase.

Where can we get "Not available" stickers for our catalogs?

You can order "Not available" stickers for your catalogs by writing them in on a supply order. Additionally, they will be included with new catalog orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • darlinclem