• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discount on $200 Order | Expert Advice from Kelly V.

In summary, the guest asked if the presenter would consider a discount or something on an order she was going to place in the amount of $200+. The presenter told her that she would not be able to give her a discount, but she could offer her free shipping and a season's best.
KellyRedHead
I have never had anyone ask me this before.

A guest called me from a show that is about two weeks away.
She asked me if I would consider a discount or something on an order she was going to place in the amount of $200+

I have never had anyone ask me this. And before you asked yes I asked her to maybe do a show, says she is to busy and doesn't want to take the sales away from her friend.

So would you suggest - nothing, a discount or free shipping? I am at a loss here on what to tell her??

Thanks!
Kelly V.

I might offer her free shipping. That would cost you less than $5 and would show good customer service. I think it's rude that she asked, but everyone's looking for something for nothing these days!

I agree, free shipping is an easy appeasement. Maybe depending on the rate, even free tax and free shipping. Or a SB cookbook. I agree with JennLizFran, it's bold of her to ask, but she did and you could do something nice for her.

It may be bold and unusual, but it's not much different than going into some retail stores and asking if they will cut you a discount if you are making a large order. We've done that in our local hardware stores when placing huge orders for Wood Sealant for our fence. I think it was about $500+ in sealant we had to buy (big fence/two sides :eek:) - and he gave us 10% off.

I wouldn't give her quite that much- unless you knew the show was going to be really good and your commission was great...but definitely Free Shipping and maybe a Season's Best. That's $5.25. It is your business, and you still have to earn a living, so don't give it all away. She obviously can AFFORD to spend $200 without caring about saving money by doing her own show.

Another thing that would make me not inclined to give her too much is what if she's ordering for a bunch of people? In this economy people that normally wouldn't try to bend the rules and ask for perks might be willing to go to those lengths. I agree with the previous posters that say to give free shipping and/or a season's best, to show her that you are willing to do something but you can't start making it a rule that you'll give discounts if people order large orders because even if this woman didn't combine others orders, other people might if they hear you give discounts!

One way to do it and not hurt her friends sales, is to tell her she can choose a set product value free in addition to her order. For instance if could say she could choose an $15 in additional free products (which would actually add to her friend's sales).

I would probably offer her free shipping and a SB... again, $5.25 out of your pocket. I wouldn't do more than that. If she wants more free stuff she can have her own show, keep the order she has for her friend as to not her friend's sales, but have her own show later and get her own free stuff.

Does she already know about the 20% discount on stoneware? If so, and she's taking advantage of it, I would offer, instead of free shipping, one of our rubs. This way she has another product to try, and something she may want to order, and pay for, in the future. It's pretty much the same price as the suggestions above. I'm not saying this is a better option, just another option.

Do you have her phone number? Call and ask her to read her order to you over the phone. Then if she has any of the guest specials on her list, point that out to her,
as the SPECIAL of the month. If she does not have any of them on her list, suggest
that you can offer 20% off on those items, if she wants to rework her order.

I would not want her broadcasting any deals you make with her, to other people, regarding FREE S/H, NO TAX. Let her know that it is a special concession to her, and you have not done that type of concession in the past.

When I have received a big order in the course of a show, I frequently include a SBCK,
with the person's order, and pay the difference on P3 with Consultant's gift to get the balance to -0-, after entering the person's payments.

I give the current SB with large orders, I usually have a few on hand and give them to the at the time the order is placed if it is at a show. If they are doing a online order or an outside order I don't usually give them anything but I do call to thank them for placing an order and go over the order with them.

I agree, that is nervy. That's as bad as the time a lady ordered $200 at a party and asked if I would give her a discount for paying cash!

A SB would be a nice gesture. If you give free shipping for a large order, it might come back to haunt you if the word gets out. You may end up having people combine their orders to make one large one and ask for "free shipping".

Right now I'm offering a free PC Calendar with orders over $75. In months with "free with purchase of $60 or more" specials, I will (if asked) divide the order into 2 orders, paying the shipping on the second so the person gets 2 of the free things.

I would put it in as a show, putting her in as a guest for the first $150.00 and then she would get 15% off the remaining $50.00 plus $10.00 in free products. I would throw in the shipping on host as the guest sales as well and you are truly doing the most for your host. And you're out about $5.00.
Plus she thinks you are the best consultant since the dawn of time.. and she passes your name on to her friends and comes back. Just a thought.

What does the original "friend" who was the original party hostess get out of this? arrangement on #13? It takes $200 off of her party, and drops her rewards level.

I've had a person who's come and or ordered off of 3 shows of mine in the past. She started doing Christmas shopping in Sept. and ordered $200.00 plus the first show last year, I asked about doing as her own show, "NO I want to give my friend credit for sales. I don't expect anything, this is just my order (and she explained she was doing Christmas shopping of so much each show). She broadcast at 1st party, make sure to invite me to upcoming parties as I'm doing shopping."

Well I did free S&H and SB on that show, as I was like WOW. Show ended up being over $1000.00

Second show, she came again and again placed over $200.00 in order, I again gave her free S&H and something else small.

3rd show, again over $200.00 order, I decided to give her a RUFTH Trivet from me (I had a couple here). I sent it in mail to her myself with a note thanking her for her continued business.

She called me and said she would be calling me even if her friends weren't doing shows, as she couldn't believe what I GAVE her for placing big orders.

She said the year before she had ordered a 7 PC cookware set at a show and consultant didn't say a thing, didn't offer to do as show, or even give her anything, she didn't ask, but she said not even Free S&H or anything.

I was blown away by the orders from her, I told her BOY would I LOVE to be on your Christmas list :D

She said she's the most popular giver at family functions, but she also gets things she knows people want and won't or can't get themselves. She's something in Medical field and is single, so it's her way of doing for her family.

Speaking of which, I need to get a catalog out to her.

Lisa

Grandmarita said:
What does the original "friend" who was the original party hostess get out of this? arrangement on #13? It takes $200 off of her party, and drops her rewards level.

The past host booking benefit.

This was exactly what I was thinking. I had a hostess with an outside order that was large enough to be it's own catalog show. I asked her if she'd rather have the 2nd host benefit as a booking ... or the extra level. She opted for the extra level & not to tell the guest. But if it's an August show that you are closing, the host might want a 2nd piece of cookware at 60% off, it might be a better deal than being bumped up two levels depending on her show sales & what she wants out of all of this. I'd ask the current host about her wishes before you offer a catalog show to the guest ... but if the current host is happy either way, you could certainly put the guest in as a catalog show & save her some money.

Ooh I misread. I didn't get the part about the upcoming show. If you do the special with the sets, why not throw in whatever the free gift is?

If you don't, you can still do the free shipping.

Lisa/ChefBear said:
I've had a person who's come and or ordered off of 3 shows of mine in the past. She started doing Christmas shopping in Sept. and ordered $200.00 plus the first show last year, I asked about doing as her own show, "NO I want to give my friend credit for sales. I don't expect anything, this is just my order (and she explained she was doing Christmas shopping of so much each show). She broadcast at 1st party, make sure to invite me to upcoming parties as I'm doing shopping."

Well I did free S&H and SB on that show, as I was like WOW. Show ended up being over $1000.00

Second show, she came again and again placed over $200.00 in order, I again gave her free S&H and something else small.

3rd show, again over $200.00 order, I decided to give her a RUFTH Trivet from me (I had a couple here). I sent it in mail to her myself with a note thanking her for her continued business.

She called me and said she would be calling me even if her friends weren't doing shows, as she couldn't believe what I GAVE her for placing big orders.

She said the year before she had ordered a 7 PC cookware set at a show and consultant didn't say a thing, didn't offer to do as show, or even give her anything, she didn't ask, but she said not even Free S&H or anything.

I was blown away by the orders from her, I told her BOY would I LOVE to be on your Christmas list :D

She said she's the most popular giver at family functions, but she also gets things she knows people want and won't or can't get themselves. She's something in Medical field and is single, so it's her way of doing for her family.

Speaking of which, I need to get a catalog out to her.

Lisa

With that kind of return...what's $5-6! :D

OK, here's my 2 cents. This comes from doing business with people outside of PC.If someone is unhappy or is asking for something - ask them specifically what they want (in a polite way) and work with them from there. I would hate to give more than was necessary to make her happy but at the same time I wouldn't want make her mad by not appeasing her and she leaves thinking you just don't care.So, before you call her, decide what you are willing to pay to keep her business (but don't tell her) and very politely ask her if she had something specific she was trying to get (a product?) or how much of a discount she is looking for and I would even tell her you are asking because you want to try and work with her for a win-win solution. This is how you make a living but you are so excited for everyone to enjoy the ease and functionality of our Pampered Chef products. It would be a shame for her not to get the products she wants....I don't know. Just keep it positive and honest and she will appreciate that and work with you. If she doesn't, then I would have to question if it's worth your time to snag her as a customer. She may be one that keeps hopping around looking for a deal.With all that conversation going on, if she is trying to pull the wool over your eyes, it may just slip out if it is several people placing one order.Good Luck!Tara

PamperedchefDaly said:
I agree, that is nervy. That's as bad as the time a lady ordered $200 at a party and asked if I would give her a discount for paying cash!

A SB would be a nice gesture. If you give free shipping for a large order, it might come back to haunt you if the word gets out. You may end up having people combine their orders to make one large one and ask for "free shipping".

Seriously? I would have said no, but I'll give you a hug if you pay with your CC as that's what I prefer! One less trip to the bank for me! Sheesh! :cool:

1. What is the discount for a $200 order?

The discount for a $200 order varies depending on current promotions and discounts available. Please check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

2. How do I apply the discount for a $200 order?

To apply the discount for a $200 order, please enter the promo code at checkout or inform your Pampered Chef consultant before placing your order.

3. Is the discount for a $200 order available for all products?

The discount for a $200 order may vary for different products. Some products may not be eligible for the discount. Please check with your Pampered Chef consultant for more details.

4. Can I combine the discount for a $200 order with other promotions?

In most cases, the discount for a $200 order cannot be combined with other promotions or discounts. Please check with your Pampered Chef consultant for specific details.

5. How long is the discount for a $200 order valid for?

The validity of the discount for a $200 order may vary depending on current promotions and discounts. Please check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • KellyRedHead
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies